McD Presser

Virgil

3 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

The link on Bb_dot_com looks to be about the same length & no one asks about the blocked punt.  Clearly an instance of being out-coached that was the difference in the game between 2 very good defenses.

I can barely hear them, but I think it was asked.  He strangely said he didn’t want to give anything away since they play them again 

• Like (+1) 1

He has a lot to be pissed about... and honestly, I think it's mostly directed at the Pats* and their loyal refs. Our defense balled out, and our offense, while playing against what many consider to be the #1 defense in the league, moved the ball better than Tommy boy. Sure, we made mistakes, and gave the ball up a few times, but they're the mistakes of a young gunslinger. You can't fault the team for that (much).

IMO, the refs absolutely f*cked us. All the non called interference penalties, the pats jumping our line on the missed FG, the dirty hit, and basically the refs doing everything they can to screw us on critical downs... I was screaming at the TV today at how blatant it was. Can't imagine what coach was feeling...

Edited by Mr. ChumChums
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, Virgil said:

I can barely hear them, but I think it was asked.  He strangely said he didn’t want to give anything away since they play them again 

I think that was just his way of not throwing his special teams under the bus.  If you look at the alignment pre-snap, something was off.  

But yeah, overall he's pretty upset.  That snap at Chris Brown was hilarious though when he was trying to compare the two defenses.  

2 minutes ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

He has a lot to be pissed about... and honestly, I think it's mostly directed at the Pats* and their loyal refs. Our defense balled out, and our offense, while playing against what many consider to be the #1 defense in the league, moved the ball better than Tommy boy. Sure, we made mistakes, and gave the ball up a few times, but they're the mistakes of a young gunslinger. You can't fault the team for that (much).

IMO, the refs absolutely f*cked us. All the non called interference penalties, the pats jumping our line on the missed FG, the dirty hit, and basically the refs doing everything they can to screw us on critical downs... I was screaming at the TV today at how blatant it was. Can't imagine what coach was feeling...

Thank you for reminding me of this. Was that a penalty?  I don’t know the launching rules well and remember thinking that was off on the field goal.  

No one talked about it at the time so I thought I was crazy 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Thank you for reminding me of this. Was that a penalty?  I don’t know the launching rules well and remember thinking that was off on the field goal.  

No one talked about it at the time so I thought I was crazy 

New rule was passed 2 years ago, bans defensive players from jumping over lineman in an attempt to block a kick. That's exactly what happened on the missed FG. The rule change was done in order to protect players from getting flipped, or kicked in the face during those attempts.

You could see McD screaming his face off at refs right before they cut to commercial for halftime...should've been a penalty and a re-kick.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

New rule was passed 2 years ago, bans defensive players from jumping over lineman in an attempt to block a kick. That's exactly what happened on the missed FG. The rule change was done in order to protect players from getting flipped, or kicked in the face during those attempts.

You could see McD screaming his face off at refs right before they cut to commercial for halftime...should've been a penalty and a re-kick.

Of course they never showed the replay so as not to call attention to the fact that the refs are in the tank for the Pats.

I think that was the non-call that infuriated me the most...making that FG would have allowed the Bills to kick a FG to tie the game from the one instead of going for it on fourth down.

• Like (+1) 4

It all sucked beyond belief. My head was spinning like the exorcist, cussing at the tv for all the bullsh^t the Bills went through in a home game. The helmet to helmet was the kicker. We need to step up and get violent on Brady next time out. F'k the refs.  It's time the NFL stepped up and curbed this blatant bullsh^t.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

I listened to that earlier tonite on youtube. And yeah, he sounds quite pissed. Hopefully, it motivates the whole team next weekend

why would they need motivation? The team seems ready to play every week so far

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

I thought the worst was the spot after Brown's catch on 2nd and goal.  He clearly got just inside the 1.  Clearly.  The ball was spotted just outside the 2.

• Like (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

he should be, we could have won but didn't.

He knows what needs to be fixed and it will happen, the process is a machine that just keeps refining.

everyone should be pissed. I am but we have a good team....except on defense, coaches didn't have a great day along with Allen

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought the worst was the spot after Brown's catch on 2nd and goal.  He clearly got just inside the 1.  Clearly.  The ball was spotted just outside the 2.

I thought I was the only one to notice this.  How the hell did that happen?  Such a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Mr. ChumChums said:

Penalty would have given the Bills a 15 yard penalty and an automatic first down. That really could have helped for a win at that point