Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If he didn't have one at the time they diagnosed him in the locker room he could have returned.  In short, yes he had one.  They determined he had one either on the sidelines or in the locker room.  Otherwise he could have returned to play.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/18/12940926/nfl-concussion-protocol-explained

Yeah but you can have concussion symptoms and still not have a concussion. 

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If he didn't have one at the time they diagnosed him in the locker room he could have returned.  In short, yes he had one.  They determined he had one either on the sidelines or in the locker room.  Otherwise he could have returned to play.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/18/12940926/nfl-concussion-protocol-explained

They can also make that determination based on   Video of the hit, aside from whether he had symptoms 

Just now, jkeerie said:

At the very least...assuming Allen is cleared to play late in the week, I would expect Barkley to start and Josh to be the backup.

I bet Allen is starting. He is fine and this is too important a game.

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Singletary was very close to playing last week. He’ll play. 

Agreed.    This is a huge game for the Bills and they need Motor to help make the offense click.     They'll find a way to involve him in the game plan, even if it's only in a limited fashion...

Just now, njbuff said:

I bet Allen is starting. He is fine and this is too important a game.

We all hope.  My point is, if he is cleared but without a chunk of practice, if he could at least be the backup, we wouldn't have to activate anyone from the PS.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Agreed.    This is a huge game for the Bills and they need Motor to help make the offense click.     They'll find a way to involve him in the game plan, even if it's only in a limited fashion...

He was limited today again, but that may have been due to practicing on a wet field.