• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

2 or 3 horrible plays by Josh.  

Eliminate the :censored: damn mistakes. 

And an incredible play that literally only HE can make on the 4th quarter game-winning drive.

I don't want him to eliminate the mistakes. I want him to TAKE RISKS.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here's the deal with Allen. He's gonna make mistakes. But he also makes plays that help you win. 

Those mistakes are very much related to experience and lack thereof. These are the plays you have to take now while he's developing, so that in 2021 he's dominating the division, we hope.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Didn't you see that easy pass he dropped?

Thats going to happen sometimes...they tend to over think the easy ones! I mean Knox, not Zay Jones.

2 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Didn't you see that easy pass he dropped?

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Just let Josh be Josh.

Take some pepto before the game and let him win it his way.

Exactly. Take ALL of this. This is what you want, not Tyrod or trent or Alex Van pelt.

Josh is like Fitz, but with an NFL arm. I love it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I'm fine saying that interception was a terrible terrible play and should have us worried. I'm also okay saying that his game winning drive is more encouraging than that is discouraging. 

Why would it have you worried?

We have an impact guy behind center who has such freak ability, and is so confident, that he thinks he can do things that no one should be able to do.

And more often than not he actually manages to pull them off.  Multiple times every game Josh does something no one else could do, and because he does these things we win.

He’s also a young gun slinger.  Sometimes those same traits lead him to make a bad decision which costs him; and he has to overcome.  It’s part of who he is as a young quarterback, and it’s a more than worthwhile trade off.

Its nothing to worry about.  The guy is checking every other box.  He sees the whole field, he has a quick release (mechanically speaking), he’s strong in the pocket, climbing the pocket, and both rolling out and being flushed both to the left and right, he’s courageous, he’s a leader, he can throw the ball almost 85 yards and with the most zip since they started measuring, he’s strong, he can break tackles and throw off defensive linemen, he’s tough, he’s smart, he’s a hard worker, he’s a great runner, he’s learned to throw a ball with touch and has solved his accuracy issues, and he mixes up his passes attacking multiple levels and using all his receivers.

Thats way more good than bad.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And an incredible play that literally only HE can make on the 4th quarter game-winning drive.

i want the risks just need to be smarter with the ball and take off running sooner when its there like he did on the game winning drive.

getting back to Knox sure helped, kid is a weapon and needs to be in the mix more. Reminded me of Gronk running those dudes over.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Why would it have you worried?

We have an impact guy behind center who has such freak ability, and is so confident, that he thinks he can do things that no one should be able to do.

And more often than not he actually manages to pull them off.  Multiple times every game Josh does something no one else could do, and because he does these things we win.

He’s also a young gun slinger.  Sometimes those same traits lead him to make a bad decision which costs him; and he has to overcome.  It’s part of who he is as a young quarterback, and it’s a more than worthwhile trade off.

Its nothing to worry about.  The guy is checking every other box.  He sees the whole field, he has a quick release (mechanically speaking), he’s strong in the pocket, climbing the pocket, and both rolling out and being flushed both to the left and right, he’s courageous, he’s a leader, he can throw the ball almost 85 yards and with the most zip since they started measuring, he’s strong, he can break tackles and throw off defensive linemen, he’s tough, he’s smart, he’s a hard worker, he’s a great runner, he’s learned to throw a ball with touch and has solved his accuracy issues, and he mixes up his passes attacking multiple levels and using all his receivers.

Thats way more good than bad.

A bad decision, especially in that spot, is still a bad decision. We lose that game and it's largely because of that interception. I couldn't agree more about everything you said, but he does need to show that he can work those mistakes out of his game. 

I'm fine saying all's well that ends well, but I'd prefer he not do that. ;)

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

11 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Got to allow them to make mistakes.

Against any other team I’d be ok with that t. 

This is the Cheatriots and 1st place in the AFCE 

Eliminate the dumb l mistakes 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

A bad decision, especially in that spot, is still a bad decision. We lose that game and it's largely because of that interception. I couldn't agree more about everything you said, but he does need to show that he can work those mistakes out of his game. 

I'm fine saying all's well that ends well, but I'd prefer he not do that. ;)

I don’t think he’ll ever eliminate them, though I think he’ll cut them down.

Taking chances is a part of his game, and with his ability, it’s overall a good thing that he does.

He has the mentality of a young Favre with the arm strength of Elway.  Enjoy the ride, sir.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Taking chances is a part of his game, and with his ability, it’s overall a good thing that he does.

He has the mentality of a young Favre with the arm strength of Elway.  Enjoy the ride, sir.

I don't know how there are people here who can't see it.

The dude is a flat-out baller.

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I think to an extent some of those are gonna happen and I'm fine with it. That one was beyond the justifiable "hero-ball/gunslinger" line. 

• Like (+1) 1