New interview! Jim Kelly never met or contacted Pancho Billa

BrycePaup4ever

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it was more then the costume man, I think you know that. he does remove "the mask" to show who he really is. he's just like the million other fans and he never felt any other way.

Exactly my point.  He was a Bills fan who had cancer.  By all accounts, a hell of a guy.

But he was just one of many great guys who happen to be Bills fans who've fought cancer; or are currently fighting cancer.

The costume is literally the only thing that separates him from any of the others.

And we can't expect Jim Kelly to take his time to personally connect with every Bills fan fighting a life-threatening disease.

Not only should he not be expected to do that; he CERTAINLY shouldn't be publicly shamed for NOT doing it.  Which is what this thread was created for.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Wow he...has a face...

You seem to contradict yourself here.  "It was much more than the costume...he was like a million other fans."

I don't think so. I edited my post apparently at the same time you were being so kind with your observation. so it is in no way contradictory but thanks none the less, raid.

I’m thinking Jim may have been a bit concerned about keeping himself alive over the last couple of years, so there’s that... I hope folk don’t make something out of nothing.  

6 hours ago, yall said:

What's confusing about it? Yeah it's a cool story about Pancho Billa, but is Kelly supposed to meet with every ill fan? 

Half of the posters here probably had a family member who was a long time super fan that dealt with a life threatening illness. Should Kelly meet them all too?

He was a super fan. He’s not just a guy who likes the Bills. Regardless, it’s super sad that he died. 

It's sad he passed, really. He seemed nice a nice dude. Cancer f'ing sucks. That said, I think dedicating to one fan and ignoring the rest is wrong. Bills could start with a season kickoff ceremony where they honor all fallen fans before home opener would be quite special though. Even if it's lighting off a single firework during an annual moment of silence. That, to me, would work and honor EVERY fan that was lost at the start of each year.

Also, I think the premise that some fans are 'super fans' is complete bull####. 

A 'fan HOF' would also be bull####. The Wall says 12th man, we are already on it.

19 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I never shamed him and I am in total agreement with you on those that put JK down. but see, in this thread were both spectrum's, those that were putting pancho down by claiming it over hyped or don't really give a ***** he's just a fan like me crowd, then those who avoid the twitter post of JK addressing ezra and put JK down for not kneeling by his bedside in prayer?

I didn't see anyone say they didn't give a ***** about Ezra's death.  It's hard to deny there was quite a bit of hype - and, in the end, he really was just another fan.  The reason for that hype isn't as sincere as most would like to think, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

Who cares if he is overhyped! He was the type of fan we all wish we had the ballz to be.

How so? I have no desire to be like him or act like him. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

This guy is hyped way too much IMO.  Sad that he passed, but all the Pancho stuff has been a bit over the top I think.

I know fan who have seasons. Since 1960 and get the press that he did. rip 

44 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

People who never visited Pancho (Jauronimo's List of Alltime Biggest Jerks and Enemies):

1. Jim Kelly

2. Roger Goodell

3. Trump

4. da Pope

5. Kim Jong Un

6. Beyonce

7. Jauronimo

8. Mr. Rogers

9. Gugny 

10. Paulie Shore

Friggin' Paulie Shore!!!! What an ahole!!!!!!

37 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

He was a super fan. 

WTF does that even mean?  He was a little crazier than the rest of us?

Please tell me what makes one a 'super' fan.

smh

Don't get me wrong, I loved Poncho and will sadly miss him but these labels that have to be attached to everything now are just meaningless and asinine. 

7 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

This guy is hyped way too much IMO.  Sad that he passed, but all the Pancho stuff has been a bit over the top I think.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Yours and the 15 or more thumbs up confuse me.  "Way" too much hype?   Over the top?  Aren't most bills fans over the top?  I want to just flame away on this comment, but genuinely don't really understand where it comes from unless it's not the "hype" you mention.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nicabills321 said:

I want to just flame away on this comment, but genuinely don't really understand where it comes from unless it's not the "hype" you mention.

Insinuating what exactly?  Go ahead, say what you mean.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

WTF does that even mean?  He was a little crazier than the rest of us?

Please tell me what makes one a 'super' fan.

smh

Don't get me wrong, I loved Poncho and will sadly miss him but these labels that have to be attached to everything now are just meaningless and asinine. 

Fireman Ed, the Broncos dude who would go to games in a barell, pinto Ron, the pig people in DC, etc. 

people that go to above beyond in their fandom, in which they gain fame. That’s a superfan, and they do exist. 

Its not hype so much as the arms race of people and entities trying to out-do one another to come up with ideas to "honor" him.  

Im thankful we were all introduced to him and were touched by his story.  Its great the bills made him a special fan and honored him with draft selections, visits, and exposure.  He is kind of an immortal fan now that nobody will forget and thats awesome.  

Lighting up city hall to honor him and wall to wall coverage in the buffalo news at the time is borderline embarrassing.  Outing people who may not have visited him is lame.  Now i see someone wrote a childrens book about him

• Like (+1) 1