Time for Kaepernick to officially retire from NFL?

prissythecat

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Maybe not, but it's ridiculous to discount his success, just because you don't like him. Kelly sucked in the Super Bowls, abused women, did drugs and people in buffalo will kiss his butt any chance they have.

Kelly was 100 times the QB Kap wished he was... Tough MF....  You are really grasping at straws bringing Kelly into this debate

I have no issues with Kap and his protests. I support that. I just don't think he is good enough to overcome the media circus. therefore he is not good enough.

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Kelly was 100 times the QB Kap wished he was... Tough MF....  You are really grasping at straws bringing Kelly into this debate

I have no issues with Kap and his protests. I support that. I just don't think he is good enough to overcome the media circus. therefore he is not good enough.

My point is , if you like someone, they could get away with just about anything. Look at Ray Lewis, probably a better example. Obstructed a murder investigation, after he retires, gets a job on an TV network doing NFL games.

2 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Don't agree with pretty much anything he says/does, but he should be playing. He has (or maybe had) the skillset to at least be a quality backup. So many QB-hungry teams out there. 

No, he doesn't. Look at his actual games especially in his last season. Completion% absolutely garbage and as the season went on he got worse until he was benched. 

You know why he was benched? B.c teams figured out his limited abilities and after that you are done.

Edited by Boca BIlls

12 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Actually he asked you for info not for an attitude. He simply stated he has never seen that and asked you if you could support your statement with a link. A link is normally not too much to ask. 

I know, I gave him the link. I was saying that before he made his comment, he should have checked his facts. His statement, while accurate, was misleading. I didn't mind sending the link.

16 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

And was then offered a contract by Denver that he turned down, and now continues to play his "poor me" sob story.

He was not offered a contract by Denver, he had a contract already, Denver didn't want to honor that deal, so the trade with SF never occurred.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6145985-john-elway-didn-t-quite-tell-the-entire-truth-about-colin-kaepernick-contract-offer

Just now, klos63 said:

My point is , if you like someone, they could get away with just about anything. Look at Ray Lewis, probably a better example. Obstructed a murder investigation, after he retires, gets a job on an TV network doing NFL games.

Well I agree that some of these other players should have never been re-instated let alone signed by another team. However, Ray Lewis was off the charts HOF good which is why Ravens looked the other way.  However Ray Lewis involvement was minimal. He caused himself more issue trying to keep his name out of the paper

Unfortunately for Kap he is political and his political theatre attracts unwanted attention. I just don't think teams want to deal with an outspoken average at best QB.

I agree a felon should be forever banned from the NFL. However I do agree in 2nd chances... Kap unfortunately deserves a 2nd chance he just is not going to get it based on the premise that he just is not good enough to over come the baggage that comes with him

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lets clear some things up:

He is NOT asking for $20M, a poster here made a joke and some of you took it seriously.  

He IS willing to come in as a backup and his agent is working on that.

He SHOULD be in the NFL...he stood up for people he felt needed it, and did it peacefully, and has given more money to charity than many posters here will make in a lifetime PRIOR to the kneeling.  

He was and is a MODEL citizen off the field for his community and various charities and movements.  

Nobody cares any more about the kneeling, he isn't going to continue to kneel, him being on a team will be a NON story within a week or two of him arriving to the team.  The only reason anyone cared back then as much as they did, was because Trump used it as a platform to try and get a boost and even told Jerry Jones this very thing and that it was the only thing at that time that gave him a boost.  Trump literally does not even know the words to the National Anthem.  

Take your political/social views out of the equation and look at it from a purely employment based standpoint, and it's hard to make an argument why this guy should be in the league.

There are plenty of people who have the ability to perform jobs that are passed over or let go because other factors make them undesirable.

Regardless of the merits of his protest, or lack thereof, he put his personal politics above the interests of his employer WHILE HE WAS AT WORK. 

It's not like he went on TV and said these things as Colin Kaepernick the citizen who happens to also be the 49ers QB. He went on the field IN UNIFORM and did this as the QB of the 49ers.

When you do that, losing your job is standard procedure in any industry.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

You don't see anything wrong with this man being blackballed after breaking NO LAWS and cause ZERO DISCORD in his locker room? There were NO reports of any issues amongst his teammates with this. 

If Kaep was kneeling to bring more attention to some rare form of Cancer would all the patriotic Americans be so upset? Or was it the issue he was bringing attention to? The one that makes white america very uncomfortable?

I wish some of you people would have the balls to stand up and admit the REAL reason you are haoopy Kaep isn't playing and why you don't want him to play. Admit why you feel joy inside watching the blackballing play out as to be a message to the rest of the players to stay in your place. You can beat women, assault peopl, drink and drive, get caught with drugs etc etc but DONT EVER "disrespect" our country trying to bring attention to any of your imaginary injustices. You better make the political statement of STANDING for the flag like  good boy instead of exercising Freedoms THAT DONT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR RULES and kneeling.

HAVE SOME COURAGE!

Stop hiding behind the "using employers time to protest" BS cause if it was for ANIMAL RIGHTS then Kaep would still be in the league. But it was or BLACK RIGHTS and so now he is BLACK BALLED.

:lol:

Sorry, but no, I do not care at all. I have ZERO empathy whatsoever. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lets clear some things up:

He is NOT asking for $20M, a poster here made a joke and some of you took it seriously.  

He IS willing to come in as a backup and his agent is working on that.

He SHOULD be in the NFL...he stood up for people he felt needed it, and did it peacefully, and has given more money to charity than many posters here will make in a lifetime PRIOR to the kneeling.  

He was and is a MODEL citizen off the field for his community and various charities and movements.  

Nobody cares any more about the kneeling, he isn't going to continue to kneel, him being on a team will be a NON story within a week or two of him arriving to the team.  The only reason anyone cared back then as much as they did, was because Trump used it as a platform to try and get a boost and even told Jerry Jones this very thing and that it was the only thing at that time that gave him a boost.  Trump literally does not even know the words to the National Anthem.  

https://youtu.be/f_lRg8MsB0k

14 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Take your political/social views out of the equation and look at it from a purely employment based standpoint, and it's hard to make an argument why this guy should be in the league.

There are plenty of people who have the ability to perform jobs that are passed over or let go because other factors make them undesirable.

Regardless of the merits of his protest, or lack thereof, he put his personal politics above the interests of his employer WHILE HE WAS AT WORK. 

It's not like he went on TV and said these things as Colin Kaepernick the citizen who happens to also be the 49ers QB. He went on the field IN UNIFORM and did this as the QB of the 49ers.

When you do that, losing your job is standard procedure in any industry.

See Reid, Eric.  

Kneeled with Kap.  Sued NFL with Kap.  Currently employed.  Still Kneeling.  

Kap should be in the NFL and no one cares about the kneeling anymore and he will be a non story within a week of signing just like Reid was.  

He's pry one of the best 64 QB's in the NFL, but carries too much baggage.  Any complaints of being blacklisted lost merit once he settled the law suit.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See Reid, Eric.  

Kap should be in the NFL and no one cares about the kneeling anymore and he will be a non story within a week of signing just like Reid was.  

Reid is more talented at his position and wasn't the "face" of the movement.

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See Reid, Eric.  

That really supports my point. Kaepernick spearheaded a PR nightmare for his employer as the face of the franchise. Eric Reid is just a useful idiot that no one knows or cares about, who jumped on the bandwagon. If Reid carried the same baggage with the same visibility he'd be out of the league too. If he were a backup he'd probably be gone already.

Point is, Kaep's not out for his views. He's out because he's a net negative to any organization that would sign him.

Edited by Rob's House

So Kap couldnt keep his starting gig in 2015 or 2016. Granted he went on IR is 2015 but Gabbert was already playing by then. I was at the Bills/49ers game when the Bills blew them out. Kap couldnt do much of anything but run. Kap opted out of his contract because he wanted to go somewhere else to start. No takers. Broncos and Ravens both considered signing him but Kap ruined those two situations. Why would any team bring him on? 

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See Reid, Eric.  

Eric Reid is good... Kap isnt good. You can get plenty of bad QBs for cheaper contracts and less distractions. Which is why he doesn't have a job.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Eric Reid is good... Kap isnt good. You can get plenty of bad QBs for cheaper contracts and less distractions. Which is why he doesn't have a job.

This is what the intersectionals don't get.

If the guy could play, he'd be playing.

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

You don't see anything wrong with this man being blackballed after breaking NO LAWS and cause ZERO DISCORD in his locker room? There were NO reports of any issues amongst his teammates with this. 

If Kaep was kneeling to bring more attention to some rare form of Cancer would all the patriotic Americans be so upset? Or was it the issue he was bringing attention to? The one that makes white america very uncomfortable?

I wish some of you people would have the balls to stand up and admit the REAL reason you are haoopy Kaep isn't playing and why you don't want him to play. Admit why you feel joy inside watching the blackballing play out as to be a message to the rest of the players to stay in your place. You can beat women, assault peopl, drink and drive, get caught with drugs etc etc but DONT EVER "disrespect" our country trying to bring attention to any of your imaginary injustices. You better make the political statement of STANDING for the flag like  good boy instead of exercising Freedoms THAT DONT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR RULES and kneeling.

HAVE SOME COURAGE!

Stop hiding behind the "using employers time to protest" BS cause if it was for ANIMAL RIGHTS then Kaep would still be in the league. But it was or BLACK RIGHTS and so now he is BLACK BALLED.

WOW, you have a lot of orders, so you DEMAND that ADMIT the real reason, you sure are a smart fella, you can read their minds from a post.  

And as for stop hiding behind employer time BS comment.    If you owned a restaurant and the server greeted each customer by saying MAGA and Vote Trump what would you do to said employee?  Would you let it go on?  Yes or no.

I for one want Kapeerneick to get on the field again so we can hear people stop whining about him not playing.

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See Reid, Eric.  

This post is spot on. although I dont think he is good enough anymore to be in the NFL but give him a shot some team so people can stop crying about him.