Time for Kaepernick to officially retire from NFL?

prissythecat

2 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

He can only blame himself. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he opt out of his contract in SF back in 2016? There ya go.

He can blame teams that would rather start someone like mark sanchez. He was given the choice to opt out or be cut. Either way he wasn't playing on SF.  There you go. 

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

No team is gonna take him at this point.  It causes too much of a distraction regardless of your opinion on the kneeling matter.

I agree I can't see any team taking him, but I hope teams that choose to knowingly suck at QB because they're afraid lose every game in embarrassing fashion. Like the Jets the other night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Nester said:

I heard he wants $20 mil.

lol

Oh ok, no one wants to sign him then because he is delusional. :blink:

Seriously, if he truly wanted a chance, he should sign for the vet minimum with a ton of incentives. Make his play earn the money. And earmarking some of that money to a police charity wouldn't hurt either.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I don't remember seeing this anywhere. Links?

Did you even bother to look before posting about him opting out to confirm that?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/05/31/colin-kaepernick-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-san-francisco/102358456/

1 minute ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Seriously, if he truly wanted a chance, he should sign for the vet minimum with a ton of incentives. Make his play earn the money. And earmarking some of that money to a police charity wouldn't hurt either.

Some team would need to offer him that before he could sign.

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

he is just to many years removed, has to much media baggage, and was never really that good to begin with

I support Kap and his protests but I understand why no team is going this route too.

Led his team to the playoffs twice, one time to the Super Bowl and almost won.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Did you even bother to look before posting about him opting out to confirm that?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/05/31/colin-kaepernick-john-lynch-kyle-shanahan-san-francisco/102358456/

Some team would need to offer him that before he could sign.

Nope, wasn't my point to prove. Thanks for the link though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He can blame teams that would rather start someone like mark sanchez. He was given the choice to opt out or be cut. Either way he wasn't playing on SF.  There you go. 

I agree I can't see any team taking him, but I hope teams that choose to knowingly suck at QB because they're afraid lose every game in embarrassing fashion. Like the Jets the other night.

He sucks at QB and hasnt played in a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

His agent says he would sign on as a backup, which would assume he would sign for backup pay as well. I agree that he probably won't get any offers,  but no need to make up crap about him. If only he abused his GF... he'd have been reinstated a couple years ago.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Nope, wasn't my point to prove. Thanks for the link though.

If you're going to make a point, at least attempt to be accurate, you asked me for proof.

• Like (+1) 1