64.1% = Josh Allen's completion percentage through 3 games

at 7.3 YPA after being told for months that Allen is what he is: a sub 60% passer.

Well, we're only 3 games in, but he's been pretty consistently in that upper side of 60% range.

We as Bills fans are probably catching on that Allen can be an accurate QB.

I wonder how long it takes everyone else to see it...

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

at over 7 YPA after being told for months that Allen is what he is: a sub 60% passer.

I argued all offseason accuracy wasn't really his problem and that I thought he'd be over 60% this season.

Well, we're only 2 games in and today there were definitely some throws he missed (John Brown wants his Td Josh!!!) but, yet again, also throws that were missed by his targets: Knox for sure with a perfectly placed ball and couldn't tell what happened with the pass to Jones in the EZ, but looked like a drop. Last week we all saw the drops from Beasely.

The one in the endzone to Zay was not a drop. It was a slighty off target throw but it was an ad lib play by both at that point I think from a first look not really on either of them. 

I think the only "got to have that" drop today was Knox. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

at 7.6 YPA after being told for months that Allen is what he is: a sub 60% passer.

I argued all offseason accuracy wasn't really his problem after actually watching and rewatching all of his passes along with several of his peers. I really thought he'd be over 60% this season and got a lot of pushback.

Well, we're only 2 games in and today there were definitely some throws he missed (John Brown wants his Td Josh!!!) but, yet again, also throws that were missed by his targets: Knox for sure with a perfectly placed ball and couldn't tell what happened with the pass to Jones in the EZ, but looked like a drop. Last week we all saw the drops from Beasely.

This guy sees it!

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Please don't hold Allen to a higher standard than any other NFL QB. 65% is considered good.  Every QB has some bad throws in any game.

Anyone who doesn't think Josh played well today wasn't watching. I thought it was his most consistent game as a pro. 

• Like (+1) 9

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Like I've said before, Allen's bad plays get magnified because of his reputation coming out of college.  Last week I mentioned how Stafford almost gave the game away in overtime on a terrible throw against Arizona. 

Today Philip RIvers threw a terrible pass on 3rd and 19, into double coverage, into the endzone, with a minute left in the game and well within FG range to tie it up.  If Allen throws that pass he is getting crucified.  Every single QB throws horrible passes. 

Brady, Manning, Brees, etc., all throw bad passes.  I'm not saying Allen is as nearly as accurate as these guys, but he is not nearly as inaccurate as some make him out to be.  People are just cherry picking to fit their agenda.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The one in the endzone to Zay was not a drop. It was a slighty off target throw but it was an ad lib play by both at that point I think from a first look not really on either of them. 

Couldn't tell on the Zay EZ pass because of the camera angle and the broadcast didn't replay it for some reason so never got a good look.

I'll take your word for it if you did.

That Knox whiff was a killer and it seemed to also be the moment our offensive momentum just stopped today.

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

He threw some ropes today moving to his right that few qbs can make  Only bad throw I can recall was throwing behind Zay on the crosser  He is getting better week to week

That and missing Brown wide open for the TD early. They were the only two I thought were on Josh. 

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Couldn't tell on the Zay EZ pass because of the camera angle and the broadcast didn't replay it for some reason so never got a good look.

I'll take your word for it if you did.

That Knox whiff was a killer and it seemed to also be the moment our offensive momentum just stopped today.

I wound it back. Looked like Josh's primary reads were not there, Zay just kept working to try and get open and Josh didn't quite get his mechanics right trying to fit it into an extremely tight window. 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

For real. A diving attempt at a catch with a DB all over you is not a drop.

Allen really only had 2 misses today: the deep shot to Brown and the slant to Zay.

Other than that he was on fire slinging the rock

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1