64.1% = Josh Allen's completion percentage through 3 games

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The one in the endzone to Zay was not a drop. It was a slighty off target throw but it was an ad lib play by both at that point I think from a first look not really on either of them. 

I think the only "got to have that" drop today was Knox. 

Maybe the low deep throw to Foster. Almost got his arms under it.  Kelly wasn't over 60% until year 4....

I couldn’t be happier with Josh. His development supplements his intangibles. First time we actually went for the quarterback that I was hoping for in the draft. He has what we’ve needed and he’s going to get better.

Edited by SJDK
*in the draft

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yep.

That's why leading up to the 2018 draft, I repeatedly said that you just gotta grind the game video on Josh. The "he's inaccurate" narrative took on a life of its own before most people had really watched the kid.

And it lives in.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Just waiting for one bad day to say “I told you so!” 

There will be ups and downs, but I like the trajectory! Early season last year, to late season last year, to this season.....things are pointing in the right direction. GO JOSH! 

Seems like that movement is slowly switching to the coach being too conservative.

3 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

Seems like that movement is slowly switching to the coach being too conservative.

Yeah, any attempt to prove a negative point. Do they remember last week when we came out with 18 consecutive passes? 

I was traveling and got that text from a friend. I thought it was a typo! 

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Whats funny is that 90% of this board hated the Allen pick because he had supposed accuracy issues and so many stated that accuracy can't be fixed. They kept bringing up guys like Kyle Boller as proof that they can't succeed.

Anyway, I'm just happy to see him developing so quickly and he is looking like that franchise QB Bills fans have been dreaming about since Kelly. 

This is the difference between a stat sheet & film.  The Bills had Allen rated the top QB in the draft last year (remember the leaked draft board I posted last week & others did before me) because they studied him on film, talked intensely with him & didn't worry what was on a piece of paper or a computer screen when they had a pretty good idea that his stats didn't tell the story professional scouting did.  It's pretty obvious that Allen was going top 10 in the draft because there were other professionals who also saw the same things the Bills did.  There was direct competition for Allen by Arizona (We Won!) and who knows what other teams were lurking if the Bills didn't have the best trade up ammo.  

Also, anyone who watched the Bills last year knew how dreadful the players were around Allen.  A terrible O-line, a weak group of receivers (especially at the start of the season prior to Foster & McKenzie providing a little better options in the 2nd half of the season, a bad group of TEs & outside of an aging McCoy, who couldn't do anything last year, a bad group of RBs.  So with a revamped offense, now Allen actually has some players to work with.  Anyone (Especially YOU clown Mike Francesa) who didn't watch any Bills games and then went on the air proclaiming Allen an inaccurate joke based on his 2018 completion % should be begging anyone from Bills Mafia to the Pegulas to accept their humble apology.  (Yes I know it's only 2 games but I'm not coming down off this cloud this week) 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't understand this post. Josh had a really good game today -- can't we just leave it at that?

64% and 7.6 YPA are average for an NFL QB. He also has four TOVs through two games not counting the should-have-been-strip sack today and dropped pick and called back INT in game one. Josh had accuracy issues on several throws today just as he did in week one, and in each of the three preseason games too. It should be obvious to anyone who's watched him play he has intermittent problems with accuracy. Why do we need to bend the truth and pretend like that doesn't exist? There's more than enough to like about him already that we don't need to do that. 

I was thoroughly impressed with Allen's play today. It showed that he's improving and that he has a tonne of potential. It did not prove that everyone has been wrong all along about his various bugaboos.  

Edited by VW82

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

I don't understand this post. Josh had a really good game today -- can't we just leave it at that?

64% and 7.6 YPA are average for an NFL QB. He also has four TOVs through two games not counting the should-have-been-strip sack today and dropped pick and called back INT in game one. Josh had accuracy issues on several throws today just as he did in week one, and in each of the three preseason games too. It should be obvious to anyone who's watched him play he has intermittent problems with accuracy. Why do we need to bend the truth and pretend like that doesn't exist? There's more than enough to like about him already so we don't need to do that. 

I was thoroughly impressed with Allen's play today. It showed that he's improving and that he has a tonne of potential. It did not prove that everyone has been wrong all along about his various bugaboos.  

Show me one NFL QB who doesn't miss on some throws.  Go back and watch the HOF QBs- they all miss throws.  Imagine if your QB threw 3 INTs on the 1st 3 series of a game.  Well that's what Jim Kelly did one Monday night vs Cincinnati, but he sucked it up, the D played great & the Bills won the game easily.  Remember when Jim Kelly went to Pittsburgh & KC for what seemed like his yearly butt kicking by the opposing D.  The same guy who was a 1st ballot HOF QB!  

'You're nitpicking 2 winning performances.  

He has better receivers than last year, and is throwing higher percentage passes like most NFL QB's throw.  And he's not forcing as much as last year either, such as ignoring the short pass and looking for the big play each down.  All that together and Bills now have a good offense that can move the ball and score.  Just converting on 3rd down is a major factor in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Whats funny is that 90% of this board hated the Allen pick because he had supposed accuracy issues and so many stated that accuracy can't be fixed. They kept bringing up guys like Kyle Boller as proof that they can't succeed.

Anyway, I'm just happy to see him developing so quickly and he is looking like that franchise QB Bills fans have been dreaming about since Kelly. 

I was one of them.

Crow tastes delicious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, VW82 said:

64% and 7.6 YPA are average for an NFL QB. He also has four TOVs through two games not counting the should-have-been-strip sack today and dropped pick and called back INT in game one. Josh had accuracy issues on several throws today just as he did in week one, and in each of the three preseason games too. It should be obvious to anyone who's watched him play he has intermittent problems with accuracy. Why do we need to bend the truth and pretend like that doesn't exist? There's more than enough to like about him already that we don't need to do that. 

No, ultimately his bugaboos are just no worse or different from the typical NFL Franchise QB, all of whom have occasionally spotty accuracy and turn the ball over.

It's not saying they aren't things to work on, it's that he's not unique in that sense.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

27 minutes ago, MDH said:

So wait, is completion percentage important now? When Allen is 52% it doesn’t matter but if he’s 64% it’s suddenly an important stat? 

Can’t have it both ways.

Yep, that’s essentially how it works. Pretty soon 300 yard passing games will start to matter too

2 hours ago, VW82 said:

Since you claim there were several can you give us examples of the throws he had accuracy issues on?

28 minutes ago, MDH said:

So wait, is completion percentage important now? When Allen is 52% it doesn’t matter but if he’s 64% it’s suddenly an important stat? 

Can’t have it both ways.

The point is that it is just a stat, without understanding or watching film it does not tell the whole story. It didn't last year, and it doesn't now.

Most of the voices of reason here simply said that when Josh started reading defenses better, and taking some of the easy throws underneath with anticipation, and with a better supporting cast the % would naturally increase. There were a few stubborn individuals that acted like he had a bent barrel and would be lucky to break 60%.

He is just talented kid with a big arm that many accepted would need time and patience to develop into an NFL QB. Some here rushed to early judgement and they may end up having to be ok with the Bills having a talented QB who has yet to reach his full potential, but one that is getting better each game as he sees how teams scheme against him.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

He threw some ropes today moving to his right that few qbs can make  Only bad throw I can recall was throwing behind Zay on the crosser  He is getting better week to week

Crosser? Is that when Zay was the bottle cap or the stick. ?