Have the Patriots Not Learned Anything?

ChevyVanMiller

IDK.   Seems like a stretch.    

Everyone knows AB is a diva, but prior to signing with the Pats, I doubt anyone would have thought he was a criminal...

P.S.   I always thought Shaughnessy was a click bait monger. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Everyone knows AB is a diva, but prior to signing with the Pats, I doubt anyone would have thought he was a criminal...

Idk, the texts he sent are pretty damning. (NSFW)

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/09/10/disturbing-text-messages-released-showing-antonio-browns-terrible-behavior-towards-sexual-assault-accuser-pics/

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Which part?

Not at all a stretch to imagine DR told BB about it before the signing.  In fact, I think it's a stretch to think the opposite.

And certainly not a stretch to think a guy with AB's character would finally decide to take by force what this woman he clearly lusted after (and previously assaulted) had refused to give him.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Which part?

Not at all a stretch to imagine DR told BB about it before the signing.  In fact, I think it's a stretch to think the opposite.

And certainly not a stretch to think a guy with AB's character would finally decide to take by force what this woman he clearly lusted after (and previously assaulted) had refused to give him.

Well, IDK.  Rothlisburger, had an equivalent charge against him and a stand up organization like the Steelers did exactly what?     Hmmmm.

"She said/he said" charges aren't that unusual anymore and the NFL has shown that it needs a lot more physical/visual evidence to put someone on the exempt list...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

It’ll be awesome when the NFL is just about football again, and not all Patriots 24x7.

Nfl is 25 billion dollar business. It will never be about football again. It will always be about the next scandal. Thats what creates clicks which creates revenue.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, mattynh said:

They won three SB's before AH they have one 3 SB's since AH. They have been to 9 in like 18 years and someone thinks the Patriots are the ones that need to learn something?  HAHA

Add in the fact the many N.E. coordinators that have been hired away to be HC's with the thinking they could replicate the Patriots success have all pretty much floundered in college and the pros.

Fact is B & B are the greatest HC and QB winning combo ever. It will never be seen again in the NFL.....

.....that's how they'll be remembered, no matter how much anyone wants to obsessively denigrate it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Really? He’s had tons of issues, they all keep getting swept  under the rug 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2298810001

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Two days after killing Odin Lloyd, Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez looked into the eyes of Bob Kraft and lied.

“He said he was not involved,’’ Kraft testified in court in Fall River in 2015. “He said he was innocent.’’

In other words, killing is bad enough but lying is a SIN

What an idiotic lede.

Edited by Dan Darragh

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Really? He’s had tons of issues, they all keep getting swept  under the rug 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2298810001

AB is an asshat.   Nobody disputes that.     But the Hernandez comparison?      There are few, if any, NFL players that have gone down a road as rough as that.

As the Hooded One said, it seems a lot more like this:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss#Dating_violence_allegations

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

AB is an asshat.   Nobody disputes that.     But the Hernandez comparison?      There are few, if any, NFL players that have gone down a road as rough as that.

As the Hooded One said, it seems a lot more like this:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss#Dating_violence_allegations

I’m not saying it’s like Hernandez as much as I’m saying there were plenty of chatter about him being a criminal if you count DV accusations, driving 100 mph in a residential area, throwing furniture off a balcony into the path of a child etc