wheres' the best place to buy a scalper ticket on game day?

stuvian

Here's the problem: There are virtually no paper tickets anymore.  Therefore if you want to get a ticket outside the stadium, you have to find someone who is going to transfer their ticket from a phone they have to your phone.  I'm guessing this has cut scalping to a minimum because if the league or team is monitoring cellphone transfers they're going to find the scalpers real fast & put them out of business. So finding street scalpers will be rare.  

The best solution for you is to find someone you know or someone on a site like this who has an extra ticket or 2 & buy it in a small private transaction days before the game.   

Like it or not, the best way is still a site like Ticketmaster, StubHub!, Vivid etc.  The NFL wants to get in on the fees from scalping & wants their share of the take & that's why Ticket Exchange exists & why they figured a way to negate the small street scalper & make scalping a business where they get some of the money.  

• Like (+1) 2

For people who missed the discussions over the last year - NFL no longer uses paper tickets.  You can't even print the Ticketmaster ticket and bring it to the stadium.   If you are buying a paper ticket, it's a counterfeit.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I'm tired of enriching the likes of Ticketmaster and am going to buy a ticket off the street for the home opener. Where should I position myself  to do so?

I have not read any responses yet. 

Tickets are now ELECTRONIC meaning it is on a mobile device.  

Do you want to give a scalper your digits?

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

Never had an issue buying a ticket same day of the game there... I asked around the lot we tailgate in and wait for people to walk through selling.  If nobody comes through the lot about an hour before the game i start heading toward the stadium.  Check the intersections by the bar near the stadium.  

• Like (+1) 1

I know the Bills are moving to all electronic but I was told by the Bills ticket office about 3 weeks ago that I could have the ticket office print my tickets for $5 per ticket if I wished.  I have yet to try this.

Last season I had the ticket office print probably 30 tickets and the total cost was $4.  This season, if this ticket agent person was correct, 30 tickets would cost me about $150 just to have printed.

The point is, I don't think that all printed tickets are fake    (again, if this agent was correct). 

Anyone try to print this year at the ticket office?

Edited by Bob in Mich

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I know the Bills are moving to all electronic but I was told by the Bills ticket office about 3 weeks ago that I could print my tickets for $5 per ticket if I wished.  I have yet to try this.

Last season I printed probably about 30 tickets and the total cost was $4 at the ticket office.  This season, if this ticket agent person was correct, 30 tickets would cost me about $150 just to print.

The point is, I don't think that all printed tickets are fake    (again, if this agent was correct). 

Anyone try to print this year at the ticket office?

Group tickets are still paper.

Honestly, it depends on if you're looking for seat quality or the cheapest way 

For seat quality, you've got some great suggestions already.

The cheapest way to do it, by far, is to hang out near the scalpers and wait until 5 minutes after kickoff; you'll get a ticket for $5.

14 minutes ago, GG said:

For people who missed the discussions over the last year - NFL no longer uses paper tickets.  You can't even print the Ticketmaster ticket and bring it to the stadium. If you are buying a paper ticket, it's a counterfeit.

The 4 tickets the Bills sent me with letters of rules/conduct and receipt in a Bills envelope are bogus ?

I paid $1200 for fake Kelly Club tickets in May at the Bills store ticket office ?

.....I don't think so.

8 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The 4 tickets the Bills sent me with letters of rules/conduct and receipt in a Bills envelope are bogus ?

I paid $1200 for fake Kelly Club tickets in May at the Bills store ticket office ?

.....I don't think so.

Do you have individual paper tickets for each game?

48 minutes ago, GG said:

For people who missed the discussions over the last year - NFL no longer uses paper tickets.  You can't even print the Ticketmaster ticket and bring it to the stadium.   If you are buying a paper ticket, it's a counterfeit.

There are still paper tickets, but they are rare.  You can go to the ticket office if you're having problems or don't have a cell phone & get a printed ticket, or a season ticket holder can get them printed in advance, as another poster has mentioned.  For a scalper to get paper tickets he'd have to go to the ticket office with an explanation as to why he needs multiple tickets in different locations printed.  I doubt it would go well.

I think some teams still have paper tickets for single game ticket buyers, but not many.  I know Buffalo & the 2 NJ teams are using mobile tickets.  Last year I went to opening day in Baltimore.  I bought the ticket from the Ravens through Ticketmaster the day the schedule came out & the Ravens immediately put the tickets for sale that night.  They mailed me a paper ticket & I used it at the game.  I don't know if they switched to all mobile yet or still use paper tickets for single game buyers. 

I went to NJ for the Jets game this week & two people came in late in the row in front of me & had paper tickets.  I had mine on my phone.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.