wheres' the best place to buy a scalper ticket on game day?

stuvian

26 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Try a thrift store. Probably could snag a VCR and tapes there too and get with the times.

I don't know....I'm on a budget and I'm still trying to decide if I want to renew my Time magazine subscription.

14 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

When I was young and first noticed these guys at games, it cracked me up that the other side of his sign said, 'Need Tickets'. 

Yeah, now I get it.

"Need 2? Got 2".  "Got 2?  Need 2"...

• Haha (+1) 1

I use to troll the bus lot for extra tickets.  There were always no shows because some dorks overslept or were too hung over from the night before.  I found most times the group leader would be more than happy to unload a ticket for $10...meant a free beer for him inside the stadium (this is before you needed a loan to buy a beer inside).

If groups are still issued paper tickets as described above, maybe this is still an option?

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

the good old days.

Yeah man, and they almost rolled into the Peanut Guy’s table haha!

The guy in the wheelchair that used to juggle bouncy balls off the Aud façade got out of the way with the quickness though.

3 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

I know the Bills are moving to all electronic but I was told by the Bills ticket office about 3 weeks ago that I could have the ticket office print my tickets for $5 per ticket if I wished.  I have yet to try this.

Last season I had the ticket office print probably 30 tickets and the total cost was $4.  This season, if this ticket agent person was correct, 30 tickets would cost me about $150 just to have printed.

The point is, I don't think that all printed tickets are fake    (again, if this agent was correct). 

Anyone try to print this year at the ticket office?

You gotta negotiate with 'em Bobbaloo.  Call back, tell them you're writing a number on a napkin for them to look at.  Then video yourself sliding it to them and flip the napkin over for effect. Always works, especially if your number is higher than theirs. 

craigslist on the day before the game or the morning of works for me.

just be sure to use paypal to cover yourself.  Money transfer apps like Zelle are a no-no.

If you watch the online sites like stubhub they'll be dumping tickets up until gametime.

Your best option, which you've already done, is to create this post where thousands of ticket holders are.  Somebody will surely step up for a guy with a couple thousand posts here (anyone....?    anyone.....? bueller.....?  )

When I was young and dumber I bought two tickets from a Scalper for my girlfriend and myself.  Didn't look too close at them and price was cheap.  They weren't even in the same section.  Rookie move.  Never again.

35 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You gotta negotiate with 'em Bobbaloo.  Call back, tell them you're writing a number on a napkin for them to look at.  Then video yourself sliding it to them and flip the napkin over for effect. Always works, especially if your number is higher than theirs. 

Ah, great idea.  You are always so helpful, Lemon Squares!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

craigslist on the day before the game or the morning of works for me.

just be sure to use paypal to cover yourself.  Money transfer apps like Zelle are a no-no.

If you watch the online sites like stubhub they'll be dumping tickets up until gametime.

Your best option, which you've already done, is to create this post where thousands of ticket holders are.  Somebody will surely step up for a guy with a couple thousand posts here (anyone....?    anyone.....? bueller.....?  )

does paypal protect you for in person purchases?

11 hours ago, stuvian said:

I'm tired of enriching the likes of Ticketmaster and am going to buy a ticket off the street for the home opener. Where should I position myself  to do so?

I know a dude who has been scalping tickets outside of RWS for 30 years

Big black guy usually stands near the gas station... You can trust him his tickets are legit

I bought 5 additionals for the Eagles game in one of the clubs through my rep in the ticket office. They were able to print paper tickets, since the people I’m bringing have no interest in getting the Bills app for one game. I forgot what they charged for printing a ticket but it was reasonable. When talking with my rep, she said it’s a NY law that you must provide an option for printing paper tickets, you can not be fully digital. 

• Thank you (+1) 1