wheres' the best place to buy a scalper ticket on game day?

stuvian

14 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

1. carry a portable charger
  2. buy a NEW damn phone you cheap piece of :censored:

The train station actually had portable chargers for rent.  $5.  Well worth it, as it got me from 25% to 85% in less than an hour.  That was at around noon.  My phone started to die at around 9pm.  It's my work phone.  I'm due for a new one soon.

1 hour ago, GG said:

Funny you mention that.  We've been having serious issues with transferring tix in the One Buffalo app.  My failsafe is to call the ticket office and demand printed tickets to be held at the BO

I also put mine in my Apple Wallet, which doesn't show the bar code until 48 hours before kickoff...so I now have tickets in the One Buffalo app, the Ticketmaster app and the Wallet. 

Sheesh...:wacko:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Funny you mention that.  We've been having serious issues with transferring tix in the One Buffalo app.  My failsafe is to call the ticket office and demand printed tickets to be held at the BO

Do not need to demand.  It is NYS law that venues must provide printed tickets when requested.

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Nice to see this question rather than the "Why can't I get more than $5 for my $100 ticket on the secondary market" posts of yesteryears when the team sucked right out of the gate :)

Unfortunately those conversations are still relevant on Buffalo Sabres boards.

:o

Some random thoughts here:

1)  Not having an option for paper is BS.  If someone chooses not to have a smart phone they should still have access without too many hoops to jump through. 

2)  Similar to some of the other stories, my dumbass lost my phone evening before the Bills/Jags playoff game.  All 4 tickets for my group were on my phone.  This lead to a panic to get Ticketmaster on the phone Sunday morning to get the tickets transferred.  It worked out, but it was dicey.  

3)  Small chance I can't make the opener this weekend due to a funeral.  If that is the case I will have 1 ticket available if anyone wants it.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:35 AM, GG said:

For people who missed the discussions over the last year - NFL no longer uses paper tickets.  You can't even print the Ticketmaster ticket and bring it to the stadium.   If you are buying a paper ticket, it's a counterfeit.

Your point is valid but it’s not completely true. The Bills sent me paper tix for a late season tickets purchase. I also have the electronic access, but I don’t have the ticket cards. 

Edited by John Adams

17 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Your point is valid but it’s not completely true. The Bills sent me paper tix for a late season tickets purchase. I also have the electronic access, but I don’t have the ticket cards. 

As was pointed out later in the thread, apparently under NYS law, venues must still provide paper tickets upon request.

So far this year I've had serious issues with the technology Ticketmaster has deployed across the NFL, along with high mandatory fees.   It's complete crap to mandate use of technology that hasn't been properly tested and is clearly not ready to be used on mass scale.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, GG said:

As was pointed out later in the thread, apparently under NYS law, venues must still provide paper tickets upon request.

So far this year I've had serious issues with the technology Ticketmaster has deployed across the NFL, along with high mandatory fees.   It's complete crap to mandate use of technology that hasn't been properly tested and is clearly not ready to be used on mass scale.

Sounds like group lawsuit time where laywers get the money and plaintiffs get discount coupons.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:53 AM, mrags said:

This...

and to add to that, next year the scalpers will all be gone. No more paper tickets. No more card tickets. Everything will be done on your smart phone. There will be no other way to get a paper or credit card ticket, period. 

So if you don't have a smart phone you can't go to see a game?

I still have an old flip phone and have no plans on ever getting a 'smart' phone.

Am I SOL now?

3 hours ago, stosh64 said:

So if you don't have a smart phone you can't go to see a game?

I still have an old flip phone and have no plans on ever getting a 'smart' phone.

Am I SOL now?

Yes. You are. It’s a league wide rule being in place. 

At at least that’s what the rep told me when I was there getting a tour of the stadium and picking my club seats. 

• Thank you (+1) 1