Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It wasn’t a great throw, but the pick itself was flukey.  The ball just took a funky hop right into Mosley’s hands.  It wasn’t the type of pick that leaves you shaking your head about the quarterback’s decision making, and makes you question if he’s “the guy”.  It was the unfortunate kind that happen over the course of a season, and you hope the team can overcome.  All four turnovers were exactly the same variety.

beasley cant let that pop in the air

1 minute ago, vincec said:

90% of the credit goes to the defense.

So 10% goes to the O and Allen who put 17 to win???  Ummm ok.  I assume you were never an Allen guy and are looking for any reason to discredit him.  Here's the thing though... Allen willed this team to a win.  Sorry that that bums you out lol!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Mojo44 said:

Actually, he needed to catch that ball. As far as making the completion is concerned it was an accurate throw . I guarantee you that’s how he sees it.

well part of not letting it pop in the air would be catching it---so i agree;)

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

So 10% goes to the O and Allen who put 17 to win???  Ummm ok.  I assume you were never an Allen guy and are looking for any reason to discredit him.  Here's the thing though... Allen willed this team to a win.  Sorry that that bums you out lol!!!

The offense did their job at the end but the defense won the game... Oh, and the Jets kicker. He won it for us too.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Luka said:

Allen actually looked good today. His picks were tipped balls, the 1 fumble was on Morse getting absolutely blown up at the snap, the ball never even made a motion towards Allen's hands. He looked more accurate, more comfortable in the pocket. Most importantly he led the team back to win. Made some big throws in between Singletary shredding the Jets on that last drive and of course the touchdown. Brown and Beasley made a huge difference in the passing game today. Definitely underrated free agent pick ups in the offseason.

I was way more concerned with the play calling. This should be a balanced offense, absolutely no reason to come out throwing 15 out of 16 plays. New England doesn't even do that and they have the GOAT at the position. We were built to run the ball. Drafted Singletary, released McCoy, you have Gore and Yeldon also in the backfield. Rebuilt the entire offensive line. Just a really strange approach to the game today. Next week hopefully makes more sense.

Did anyone else notice Ford moving to guard and Neshke entering the game as RT in the 2nd half? That will probably remain the lineup the rest of the season.

I think the pass heavy opening was due to how strong the Jets are up the middle.  Probably as strong of a middle of the field defense as anyone in the NFL.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

So happy for the D that they got this win, amazing game for them.

Evaluating Allen is tough, he had his moments and won the game but also had a ton of bad plays.

Singletary looked awesome! 

A ton of bad plays? Come on.

Jets fans are having a complete meltdown. They are convinced Darnold is a terrible QB. I have to say that Darnold was not the reason they lost. Their bad oline and suspect secondary are the real reason.

I hope the Jets make the mistake of moving on from Darnold.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The offense did their job at the end but the defense won the game... Oh, and the Jets kicker. He won it for us too.

Yes the Bills D did a great job but when is the last time the Bills had a 16 point deficit erased by a QB that didn't need luck plays, fortunate bounces, or miracles to get the job done?  Allen won this game.  Clutch gene.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think the pass heavy opening was due to how strong the Jets are up the middle.  Probably as strong of a middle of the field defense as anyone in the NFL.  

Whatever the reason, if you're a good team, you play your game. Coaching staff outsmarted themselves. The balanced attack was exponentially more effective in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Yes the Bills D did a great job but when is the last time the Bills had a 16 point deficit erased by a QB that didn't need luck plays, fortunate bounces, or miracles to get the job done?  Allen won this game.  Clutch gene.

#Franchise

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jets fans are having a complete meltdown. They are convinced Darnold is a terrible QB. I have to say that Darnold was not the reason they lost. Their bad oline and suspect secondary are the real reason.

I hope the Jets make the mistake of moving on from Darnold.

Or Allen being a total gamer.

• Like (+1) 1