Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh, Now.  If this is true, then there ought to be some action taken against him for "conduct detrimental"

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

So everyone here who said he was insane was really wrong, b/c he's actually brilliantly manipulative.

Which is it?

His behavior now that he's a Patriot will tell the tale.  Insane got to insane.  Going from "nuts" to "shuts" (ie shut up and do your job) = brilliantly manipulative

37 minutes ago, eanyills said:

I don’t have a problem with this. It’s a new form of an old tactic. Guys who have wanted out have requested to be released, become malcontents in the locker room, quit on the team, etc. If social media was a thing (or as big a thing) as it is now, past players would have also leveraged it to get what they want. Brown is simply the first to use social media to work the system.

The floodgates aren’t going to open all of a sudden. More guys will try it but historically, the number of guys who go public in an attempt to change teams is relatively low.

So the question the league has to ask itself is: if every player dissatisfied with his team behaved as AB did in just the last week - would that be detrimental to the league?  Scream and hurl racially-charged insults at the GM?  Post team communications on social media?  Record the coach and make a film including the recording?

If the answer is "yes", then they better take action.

If the answer is "no", then prepare for more of the same.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 32ABBA said:

This would be more serious than that.

The Patriots would cut through the loss of a first round pick the way John Rambo's knife would cut through wet cardboard.  I'm thinking that the NFL will find nothing wrong here but if they did the penalty needs to be more than the loss of one high pick.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Now.  If this is true, then there ought to be some action taken against him for "conduct detrimental"

His behavior now that he's a Patriot will tell the tale.  Insane got to insane.  Going from "nuts" to "shuts" (ie shut up and do your job) = brilliantly manipulative

So the question the league has to ask itself is: if every player dissatisfied with his team behaved as AB did in just the last week - would that be detrimental to the league?  Scream and hurl racially-charged insults at the GM?  Post team communications on social media?  Record the coach and make a film including the recording?

If the answer is "yes", then they better take action.

If the answer is "no", then prepare for more of the same.

More of the same?!? I doubt you see this again in the next 5 if not 10 years 

99% of players aren’t in demand enough and 99% of the ones that are simply want max money not all the drama to get to a specific team possibly 

browns very much the exception. Who’s the last one to do similar, Blount?

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

First off, Randy Moss and Corey Dillon. I suggest reading this for more: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/07/antonio-brown-patriots-bill-belichick

The article wasn't too informative, I was trying to remember the circumstances of each of those players while reading it, what their salaries were etc. If I remember correctly Moss was traded for a fourth, Haynesworth I thought was a fa. Plus the salary of each coming in. AB seems to be a personality that is going beyond these other guys. Like AB's yelling at the coaches has occurred multiple times while on the Steelers whereas some of these guys were shipped out after just that. 

Things may go well for AB, but I was just surprised they gave him 9 mill, I remember a lot of these reclamation projects seemed to be lower value contracts. I hope it's a crap show for the Pats* and they flush that 9 mill.

9 hours ago, eanyills said:

I don’t have a problem with this. It’s a new form of an old tactic. Guys who have wanted out have requested to be released, become malcontents in the locker room, quit on the team, etc. If social media was a thing (or as big a thing) as it is now, past players would have also leveraged it to get what they want. Brown is simply the first to use social media to work the system.

The floodgates aren’t going to open all of a sudden. More guys will try it but historically, the number of guys who go public in an attempt to change teams is relatively low.

This defines every NBA off season.

11 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I have no idea why he ever would have thought this would be a good idea. Brown is Certified insane and known to sleep around. 

If things go sideways for Brown, he could wind up changing the locks upstairs and barricading himself in. Brady will have to legally evict him!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Any takers that AB was coached into acting like a nut job, so that he could be with the pats.  it's just sickening.  Since the pats lost out on the AB sweepstakes, I have a strong feeling that the pats illegally reached out to him prior to his release from the Raiders. 

The article below is being reported everywhere.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/brown-consulted-social-media-experts-to-help-force-way-out-of-oakland/ar-AAGZiWZ

Also this about the video with his phone conversation with Gruden.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-producer-of-antonio-browns-video-said-jon-gruden-approved-the-use-of-phone-call/ar-AAH2s8x?li=BBnb7Kz

Why would Gruden approve that?? Because he's Gruden.