Antonio Brown called Mike Mayock a “cracker” during Wednesday’s altercation

wppete

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It comes to one of those things where the Oakland FO has to decide what's more important to them, team culture or trying to win football games?

Historically, they've voted for "Just Win, Baby"

Not to mention shafting their GM in the meantime.... 

In the real world, if one co-worker threatens another, and the higher ups do nothing, the company is 100% liable if anything happens with said deranged employee... 

8 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

Agreed but there is a huge racial doublestandard in this world these days. Its all in how he used the term and since it was derogatory he should be held as the same standard as a white man using the n word to a black man.  Not even gonna elaborate on this anymore because everyone is so racially sensitive these days.

Well stated.. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I was under the impression (and I think I made this up in my mind anyways) that their timeline to get out of the guarantees would have been before week one... But I guess it makes sense that if he acts up again they can show the pattern of behavior and then take the money back...

No, you didn't at all make it up out of your mind.  It's standard per the CBA that a vested veteran's entire salary becomes guaranteed if he is on the team for week one.

But apparently there is also standard language permitting the team to void guarantees for other documentable reasons such as "conduct detrimental to the team", and the team still has the right to suspend or fine the player (guarantees not withstanding).

Some players may have language in their contract saying that the money is guaranteed no matter what, but apparently Brown does not, showing that the OAK organization does have some functioning neuronal circuits.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, you didn't at all make it up out of your mind.  It's standard per the CBA that a vested veteran's entire salary becomes guaranteed if he is on the team for week one.

But apparently there is also standard language permitting the team to void guarantees for other documentable reasons such as "conduct detrimental to the team", and the team still has the right to suspend or fine the player (guarantees not withstanding).

Some players may have language in their contract saying that the money is guaranteed no matter what, but apparently Brown does not, showing that the OAK organization does have some functioning neuronal circuits.

I got it.... That makes sense. That actually does change my opinion then... other than the fact that they should just cut him on principle, it does make sense to keep him if he's gonna pretend to toe the line for the time being- as long as that out is there. 

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not to mention shafting their GM in the meantime.... 

In the real world, if one co-worker threatens another, and the higher ups do nothing, the company is 100% liable if anything happens with said deranged employee... 

I can see Mayock goading AB and suing for damages when AB goes total ape crap. 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It comes to one of those things where the Oakland FO has to decide what's more important to them, team culture or trying to win football games?

Historically, they've voted for "Just Win, Baby"

True and they would be WAY better off getting rid of this person and tanking this season. They aren't going to win much under any conditions.

They would be better off without him and gaining draft picks and cap space.

1 minute ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I really hope that if he does in fact play, they leave him out of the gameplan and target him zero times. The meltdown will be delicious.

tenor.gif?itemid=12183291

That or his mental breakdown leads to his physical output... He might just suck now... unlikely, but possible...

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I can see Mayock goading AB and suing for damages when AB goes total ape crap. 

2 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I really hope that if he does in fact play, they leave him out of the gameplan and target him zero times. The meltdown will be delicious.

tenor.gif?itemid=12183291

That would completely ruin any case they might make for voiding his contract.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I always thought you should combine anal and orifice into just analfice. A little more compact power. 

I left that post on my computer screen without reading it so I could go out and mow.  So when my wife walked into the room, she read the screen.  I don't know how to explain this.  Male humor?

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That would completely ruin any case they might make for voiding his contract.

They’ve made it crystal clear they have no interest in voiding his contract. Mayock knows this. Let the goading begin! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

There was a former player source that worked for the media who Tomlin told that "you had no idea what we kept hidden and put put with" when it came to Antonio Brown.  I think the Raiders are learning that the hard way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

I’m sure you do, because if he has a typical AB season it shows how little off-field distractions mean. 

AB having a typical AB season depends on Derek Carr having a typical Ben Roethlisberger season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1