Noah Spence, Treadwell headline visits today

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Hasn't Barkley held for place kickers in his career?

Just to clarify, I don’t think Bojo is a great holder. What I do think is that they’re trying to get as many reps with one person holding the ball based on the fact that they haven’t made a move for another punter except the rumoured one to try and get the guy from Cleveland.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

22 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m really starting to think they are valuing the holder aspect of the position as much as the kicker. Consistency with Hauschka may hold the key to this question.

I had the same thought about why we haven't seen a signing yet.   They may just hold their breath on Bojo until they can audition his replacement over the next couple of weeks...

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Athletes aren't that hard to find at this level.  The mental (and instinctual) aspect has to be there as well.   Treadwell and Jackson seem to be deficient in that regard, and probably Spence as well...

The top height weight speed guys surely are.  That's why all 3 of those guys were top 2 rounds picks.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Spence had a drug problem in college. I don’t think he’s mentally deficient and I believe he’s rehabbed on the drug thing. 

I've also read his best fit is as a 3-4 LB.  Tampa revamped their D to that alignment this year and he still didn't click (apparently not so good against the run)...

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But, they were trying to sign colquitt. 

Colquitt is supposed to be a very good holder, so their interest was justified...

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The top height weight speed guys surely are.  That's why all 3 of those guys were top 2 rounds picks.

Having a $100 body but a ten-cent head doesn't take you far in the NFL...

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I've also read his best fit is as a 3-4 LB.  Tampa revamped their D to that alignment this year and he still didn't click (apparently not so good against the run)...

Colquitt is supposed to be a very good holder, so their interest was justified...

He wasn’t a run stopper in college either. He’s a pure pass rusher. I would rotate in on obvious passing downs. Like Gunner said, I would like to utilize Darryl Johnson but Spence has talent 

Do they like any of them to sign them over a guy they had for 6 months?  Idk.  I like bringing in underachieving talent over, try hard guys with alot less talent.  It's the job of the coaches and locker room to get them to put forth the required effort.  Buy low, low risk.  

I think Treadwell still has a chance. He fell out of favor in Minnesota and they have two top tier WR's as well as one of the better TE's in the league. The talent was evident at Ole Miss, but is the mindset and work ethic for the NFL there? Hopefully he makes the most of his next opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 2

Keep in mind that workouts now don’t need to lead to signings now. If we (heaven forbid) lose a couple WRs to injury weeks from now and need to sign a guy off the street, you already have the workout done and know if you want treadwell or not (as an example)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Want a Wr with size?  There you go.  He was a victim of a numbers game imo.  Theilan, Diggs, and Rudolph are 75 % of the target share.  Throw in Cook and now he really doesnt have a role.  If hes motivated to earn a spot I would do it.  

Noah Spence?  Him as a backup to Hughes?  Makes alot of sense.  As a rushed hes pretty talented as well.  

...why not Yarbrough?.....really like this kid.......a grinder/baller IMO.........

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Keep in mind that workouts now don’t need to lead to signings now. If we (heaven forbid) lose a couple WRs to injury weeks from now and need to sign a guy off the street, you already have the workout done and know if you want treadwell or not (as an example)

Imo these guys are a notch above the work out, follow up week 2 or 3.  I dont see them sitting unsigned week 1.