Noah Spence, Treadwell headline visits today

Want a Wr with size?  There you go.  He was a victim of a numbers game imo.  Theilan, Diggs, and Rudolph are 75 % of the target share.  Throw in Cook and now he really doesnt have a role.  If hes motivated to earn a spot I would do it.  

Noah Spence?  Him as a backup to Hughes?  Makes alot of sense.  As a rushed hes pretty talented as well.  

Edited by Mat68

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m really starting to think they are valuing the holder aspect of the position as much as the kicker. Consistency with Hauschka may hold the key to this question.

Yeah, he held really well on that one attempt... :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Minnesota's offense is geared for WR's to do well.  Since he didn't, I wouldn't waste time.

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

He speaks very highly of you...

As he should.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I think Beane brings guys in just to get a first hand impression.  He knows some of these guys have no chance to make the Bills roster right now.  But when injuries occur during the course of the season, sometimes you want to get a new guy onboard rapidly.  So Beane is doing his due diligence now.  

• Like (+1) 6

There were folks here who were desperate to draft Spence back in 2016. My view then was the same as my view now.... he has pass rush skills but is not a well enough rounded defensive end to be a 3 down player in the NFL.

Had Darryl Johnson not shown so well in pre-season I'd have been in favour of signing Spence. Now I'd be inclined to give our 7th rounder a shot to show what he has.

• Like (+1) 5

Josh Jackson, Noah Spence, and Laquan Treadwell will not make to Weds unsigned.  They are too physically gifted as athletes.  As much as I like the depth at Wr, De, and Db its very hard to find athletes this talented to add to the bottom of your roster.  Whether you get the potential out of them, or find a role.  That's up to coaching.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Josh Jackson, Noah Spence, and Laquan Treadwell will not make to Weds unsigned.  They are too physically gifted as athletes.  As much as I like the depth at Wr, De, and Db its very hard to find athletes this talented to add to the bottom of your roster.  Whether you get the potential out of them, or find a role.  That's up to coaching.  

Athletes aren't that hard to find at this level.  The mental (and instinctual) aspect has to be there as well.   Treadwell and Jackson seem to be deficient in that regard, and probably Spence as well...

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Want a Wr with size?  There you do.  He was a victim of a numbers game imo.  Theilan, Diggs, and Rudolph are 75 % of the target share.  Throw in Cook and now he really doesnt have a role.  If hes motivated to earn a spot I would do it.  

Noah Spence?  Him as a backup to Hughes?  Makes alot of sense.  As a rushed hes pretty talented as well.  

want one with talent and produces....he doesn't...he had plenty of opportunities

Just now, Lurker said:

Athletes aren't that hard to find at this level.  The mental (and instinctual) aspect has to be there as well.   Treadwell and Jackson seem to be deficient in that regard, and probably Spence as well...

Spence had a drug problem in college. I don’t think he’s mentally deficient and I believe he’s rehabbed on the drug thing.