Dusty movies

BringBackFergy

3 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Spock dying scene in The Wraith of Khan.

Old Ryan in cemetery at end of Saving Private Ryan.

Young Forrest going to school at end of Forrest Gump.

Up the animated movie at the beginning when they show the life and death of Carl’s wife.

100% every time 

I’m not sure it’s like turning on the sprinklers but at the very end of A Few Good Men when Harold Dawson is walking out and LT Kaffee tells him he doesn’t need to wear a patch on his arm to have honor and then Dawson salutes him. That part of that movie is pretty darn good. Not sad, but full of good feels. The ending in general is just awesome. 

Ill add 2 that are 100% gushers tho:

when Will Smith In I Am Legend is cradling his pup after being bit and is turning into a zombie. 

And John Wick when the Russian murders his pup. 

Edited by mrags

10 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is there a movie that creates a lot of dust in the room leading to a little watery eyes??

For me - The Rookie (Dennis Quaid) where he plays Jim Morris - High school teacher who tries out as MLB pitcher and makes TB Rays. The scene where he talks to his son on the phone to tell him he’s been called up to big leagues is amazing. 

Honorable mention: Old Yeller (because we’ve had 3 yellow labs over the last 20 + years). 

The Sound of Music always makes me cry.

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The Last of the Mohicans

But... Then Natty opens up a can of dual muzzleloading whoop-ass!  And Chingachgook unloads on Magua which quickly dries the misty eye:

These are man card foggy eyes!  ^^^^^

LOTM is my favorite movie.  The Camerons Monument speech in the graveyard, while not "dusty," is up there too.

Can't tell you how many summer vacations I tried to make Chingachgooks weapon w/o success. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, stony said:

LOTM is my favorite movie.  The Camerons Monument speech in the graveyard, while not "dusty," is up there too.

Can't tell you how many summer vacations I tried to make Chingachgooks weapon w/o success. 

AWESOME!

Yeah... What is that thing he is swinging... Does it have an official name?

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is there a movie that creates a lot of dust in the room leading to a little watery eyes??

For me - The Rookie (Dennis Quaid) where he plays Jim Morris - High school teacher who tries out as MLB pitcher and makes TB Rays. The scene where he talks to his son on the phone to tell him he’s been called up to big leagues is amazing. 

Honorable mention: Old Yeller (because we’ve had 3 yellow labs over the last 20 + years). 

Do you cry watching Hallmark movies?