Dusty movies

BringBackFergy

Is there a movie that creates a lot of dust in the room leading to a little watery eyes??

For me - The Rookie (Dennis Quaid) where he plays Jim Morris - High school teacher who tries out as MLB pitcher and makes TB Rays. The scene where he talks to his son on the phone to tell him he’s been called up to big leagues is amazing. 

Honorable mention: Old Yeller (because we’ve had 3 yellow labs over the last 20 + years). 

8 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is there a movie that creates a lot of dust in the room leading to a little watery eyes??

For me - The Rookie (Dennis Quaid) where he plays Jim Morris - High school teacher who tries out as MLB pitcher and makes TB Rays. The scene where he talks to his son on the phone to tell him he’s been called up to big leagues is amazing. 

Honorable mention: Old Yeller (because we’ve had 3 yellow labs over the last 20 + years). 

I always figured you for a "Beaches" or "Ghost" kinda guy.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.

? 

Me:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDalZqz1DZ7fa3Pj7Np_n

But... I am a Commie...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Spock dying scene in The Wraith of Khan.

Old Ryan in cemetery at end of Saving Private Ryan.

Young Forrest going to school at end of Forrest Gump.

Up the animated movie at the beginning when they show the life and death of Carl’s wife.

“Up”....amazing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The end of the Curious George movie when this song came on:

Somehow it reminds me of childhood innocence/curiosity.  

Honorable Mention: A League of Their Own:  There's No Crying In Baseball!  But at the end when that Madonna song This Used To Be My Playground plays I used to feel a little misty eyed 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The Natural after he breaks Wonderboy and the kid gives him the Savoy Special. All the dust.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Spock dying scene in The Wraith of Khan.

Old Ryan in cemetery at end of Saving Private Ryan.

Young Forrest going to school at end of Forrest Gump.

Up the animated movie at the beginning when they show the life and death of Carl’s wife.

The Up scene was one of my favorite scenes ever.  Not even one word and they managed to evoke every human emotion in what, 2 minutes?  Genius.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Last of the Mohicans

Alice's Suicide

But... Then Natty opens up a can of dual muzzleloading whoop-ass!  And Chingachgook unloads on Magua which quickly dries the misty eye:

Then there is the final duel in Rob Roy...

These are man card foggy eyes!  ^^^^^

Edited by ExiledInIllinois