Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Devin Singletary, welcome to RB1 of the Buffalo Bills

Recommended Posts

Welcome, Mr Singletary! I have a feeling this kid is going to be very, VERY good. 

I know no one cares about other people's fantasy teams, but I'm lucky enough to live on the west coast and wake up early for work. Thus, I was able to add Singletary on waivers before my league-mates heard the McCoy release news. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if he takes #25?


Yeah. He needs to not be #40, no matter what.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, astb41 said:

could take murphy's 22 and bring it back to glory!!!

You mean 25?

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Jumping the gun here I think. I wouldn't be shocked if Gore starts and actually gets more total touches than Singletary. 

I dont see Gore getting more touches than the kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought he lacked speed and burst in the preseason games.

 

Hopefully the bold move works out for McBeane.

  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singletary is a fantastic runner, they must feel really good about him to release Shady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Thought he lacked speed and burst in the preseason games.

 

Hopefully the bold move works out for McBeane.

Bold? I’m not high on Singletary or the RB position as a whole but letting go Shady isn’t bold. He is toast. 

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Georgie said:

You mean 25?

I dont see Gore getting more touches than the kid

 

I thought Gore looked pretty good. And is the kid ready to pass protect consistently? I'd be shocked if Gore doesn't start the first game. I guess we will see where things go from there.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked him up in fantasy since no one outside Buffalo has him on the radar.  Fantastic!  Get him RB1 touches!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

 

I thought Gore looked pretty good. And is the kid ready to pass protect consistently? I'd be shocked if Gore doesn't start the first game. I guess we will see where things go from there.

How’s Gore going to look after a few games though, I think he only has value in a limited role. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Just picked him up in fantasy since no one outside Buffalo has him on the radar.  Fantastic!  Get him RB1 touches!

 

Singletary was taken in the last round in my league. I took McCoy with the thought that there was a chance he could play for a different team this year and get a more consistent workload. We'll see. If he were to some how end up in Dallas or with the Chargers while Zeke and Gordon hold out it could be a nice start to the season for him. Or maybe end up in Houston with DeShaun Watson. Or maybe he could end up in San Francisco. Heck, there are a lot of places he could end up.

 

This could actually make Gore worth a pick up too now.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

 

 

 

Call me a little old fashioned, but I still think Gore should start for a few games and work Devin into the starting role.  If he were like Barkley, I would say all in.  But I'm always nervous about a Darren Sproles sized RB on this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seoulful Soul said:

 

Call me a little old fashioned, but I still think Gore should start for a few games and work Devin into the starting role.  If he were like Barkley, I would say all in.  But I'm always nervous about a Darren Sproles sized RB on this league.

I think Gore will play a lot, esp from a blocking standpoint 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seoulful Soul said:

 

Call me a little old fashioned, but I still think Gore should start for a few games and work Devin into the starting role.  If he were like Barkley, I would say all in.  But I'm always nervous about a Darren Sproles sized RB on this league.

I was waiting for somebody else to say it but I was wondering about this.... I’m not so sure the rookie is “the guy” right out of the gates like everyone seems to assume. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I was waiting for somebody else to say it but I was wondering about this.... I’m not so sure the rookie is “the guy” right out of the gates like everyone seems to assume. 

Neither one is going to be an every down back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy usage of Singeltary.  Yeldon third downs, Gore spell and short yardage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...