Lesean McCoy cut!

I'm a bit surprised, but I can understand it, I think.  Shady is a pretty ordinary back now, and was being paid a somewhat high end salary for a RB.  The Bills can probably get comparable production out of Devin Singletary on a rookie contract. 

6 minutes ago, major said:

Soon, Brandon Beane will rule the world 

E0D4215C-901D-44E7-B600-185368B9B7FA.jpeg

But there is- cutting a team leader right before week one. How did that season turn out?

Yeah, I bet lots of guy in that locker room saw a true team leader as soon as Gore walked into the room.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Top contracts nowadays (not rookie contracts) routinely provide 60-70% guaranteed.

There are too many players on a roster to pay all of them all of their contract--including after they are out of the league like the NBA and MLB.  I think the Knicks are still paying Allen Houston....

The Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla.

Just...wow.  Now that this has sunk in some, just want to say thanks to LeShady and all he brought to the Bills.  I think he still has some left in the tank.  Going to be interesting to see where he lands and how he does in 2019.  All the best to LeSean McCoy.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just would have preferred that the GM and Coach did not speak publicly like he would be the starter up to the moment they cut him. I hope that there is more to the story. And I hope that the announcement did not really come out of the blue to McCoy. They should have at least talked to him first. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Despite all of the sentiment about salary, I felt that Shady may have rebounded this year, but the Bills are obviously going in a new direction. 

I think it has more to do with Singletary than it does McCoy. They weren’t attached to him, clearly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it has more to do with Singletary than it does McCoy. They weren’t attached to him, clearly.

Oh yeah...I think we all were getting a sense of shaky ground. I am not surprised by the move, though I thought it would be a little later. This is a great endorsement for Singletary. 

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1