Ed Oliver doesn't look very good

Seriously dude, you should understand how the game is played before commenting. He has worked himself into a starting role because he has done EXACTLY what was expected of him. His job is to occupy blockers on the 0-line to free up our defensive tackles or LB's depending on formation and play and he has done that very well. Sit down and put the keyboard out of reach before you hurt yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1

Counter moves when an oline wins early is a concern. But not many oline men so far have been winning early. He saw plenty of double teams this week and he better get used to that because if I am an offensive coordinator scheming against the Bills I'd rather triple Oliver and let Star run at the Quarterback completely unblocked. Unless my QB stands on the same exact spot for 5 seconds Star isn't getting there. What will be interesting is when the Bills use their pass rush package and play Oliver and Zo inside as DTs. Because then as an OC suddenly I have to pick my poison. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Why? 

Because they are better at it than you, me, and the rest of us on this forum, there are a lot of “I know better” types on every sports team forum, they do add minor entertainment, down side is they live in the negative Nancy land where nothing is good enough, ever. Just sayin.

Go Bills!!!

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Counter moves when an oline wins early is a concern. But not many oline men so far have been winning early. He saw plenty of double teams this week and he better get used to that because if I am an offensive coordinator scheming against the Bills I'd rather triple Oliver and let Star run at the Quarterback completely unblocked. Unless my QB stands on the same exact spot for 5 seconds Star isn't getting there. What will be interesting is when the Bills use their pass rush package and play Oliver and Zo inside as DTs. Because then as an OC suddenly I have to pick my poison. 

How confident are you in Jordan Phillips on 3rd down winning his one on one battles if Oliver gets doubled?

29 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How confident are you in Jordan Phillips on 3rd down winning his one on one battles if Oliver gets doubled?

Not sure how much they will use that package. The sub package they practiced a lot in camp was with Alexander as a pass rushing DT. Him and Oliver inside on obvious passing downs I think is hard to defend.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not sure how much they will use that package. The sub package they practiced a lot in camp was with Alexander as a pass rushing DT. Him and Oliver inside on obvious passing downs I think is hard to defend.

Oh I think Murphy - Zo - Oliver - Hughes is deadly.  I just fear we would be too light in the middle and susceptible to a draw....am I off?

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh I think Murphy - Zo - Oliver - Hughes is deadly.  I just fear we would be too light in the middle and susceptible to a draw....am I off?

You know what you have to have to avoid the risk of a draw? Really fast and instinctive linebackers - luckily McDermott has Edmunds and Milano.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You know what you have to have to avoid the risk of a draw? Really fast and instinctive linebackers - luckily McDermott has Edmunds and Milano.

You didn't even give me time to answer.  

During this preseason, I've really been watching Edmunds and he's just popping on the screen.  Literally seeing him flying to the ball...I think he makes a major leap this year.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You didn't even give me time to answer.  

During this preseason, I've really been watching Edmunds and he's just popping on the screen.  Literally seeing him flying to the ball...I think he makes a major leap this year.

Edmunds is going to be a star.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

If people would quit expecting he’s the next Aaron Donald they’d see he’s doing fine.

If we change our views of him being a slashing disruptive 3 tech and view him more as a NT then yes.

Oliver may remind McDermott of a similar player he had,  Brodrick Bunkley.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If we change our views of him being a slashing disruptive 3 tech and view him more as a NT then yes.

I think the great thing with Edmunds is that if he doesn't get up to speed with MLB you can put him outside and he will be great. I still wish we could pair him with a Brandon Spikes type for those impact hits. He is still playing like he doesn't know how big he is lol. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yeah I think Edmunds is going to be a star.

Broderick Bunkley is not anywhere near the level or prospect Oliver is.