Mayfield looked terrible last night...

Big Turk

when the dust settles... from last years QB draft here is how I see them ranking:

1) Josh Allen - wins a super bowl and makes the Bills relevant during the post Tom Brady era

2) Sam Darnold - the other side of above, never wins a super bowl but gets the MVP one year

3) Baker Mayfield - great for fantasy football and marketing but never makes the jump as a true winner

4) Mason Rudolph - takes over for Big Ben for a few years

5) Lamar Jackson - RG3 type career

6) Mike White - gets a shot post Dak 

7) Josh Rosen - bounces from team to team as a stop gap QB before they draft the next big name

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Nah, it was a spectacularly stupid throw. The kind he was supposed to not do this year. That's all it is.

Brett Favre made that throw 10 years into his career

Allen is a raw QB... He is going to make some head scratchers

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You seem to be suggesting that because Mayfield had a poor game, Allen's poor game is validated.

This is a logical fallacy and meaningless as an argument.

Not validated. Merely pointing out 2 things:

1) QBs have bad games. It happens.

2) Allen had far less of a chance to have a better game based on only getting 8 dropbacks and handing the ball off most of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen had about 3 bad passes. He looked pretty bad in his few attempts but I don't take much from it. 

I'm not sure why they went away from the pass heavy play calling to the run run pass play calling. 

Horrible throw to Beasley  behind him and short- what in the heck was that? Such a simple pass too. 

6 hours ago, rayray808 said:

when the dust settles... from last years QB draft here is how I see them ranking:

1) Josh Allen - wins a super bowl and makes the Bills relevant during the post Tom Brady era

2) Sam Darnold - the other side of above, never wins a super bowl but gets the MVP one year

3) Baker Mayfield - great for fantasy football and marketing but never makes the jump as a true winner

4) Mason Rudolph - takes over for Big Ben for a few years

5) Lamar Jackson - RG3 type career

6) Mike White - gets a shot post Dak 

7) Josh Rosen - bounces from team to team as a stop gap QB before they draft the next big name

Haha Josh Rosen he is getting mentored by Fitz now . Fitz: alright josh you want to be steady flash sometimes then come back down to earth. Rosen: So thats how you stayed in the league so long. Fitz: Damn right plus i went to Harvard 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Horrible throw to Beasley  behind him and short- what in the heck was that? Such a simple pass too. 

Trent Green played QB in the league and said it’s the kind of play where the QB throws to a spot.  Listen to him.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Yep, I get that and heard it- Allen failed to do so- terrible throw. Lets hope its corrected.

He threw it to the spot.   But honest to God, is this going to be the year we’re going to have? Every single pass the kid throws dissected as if it’s definitive proof of his value as a QB?  Not one guy who has ever played the position could stand up to that kind of analysis.

26 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

If you watched the play he had to jump to catch the snap which seemed to either throw off the timing of the play or his foot placement.

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Young QBs have ups and downs.  When will people understand this?  It’s only been the case for 100 years now.

The Allen hate over last nights game is quite laughable.

BBMB all over again.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If you watched the play he had to jump to catch the snap which seemed to either throw off the timing of the play or his foot placement.

I saw that- you still have to get composure and put the ball where it is supposed to be- the throw could of been made imo. 

28 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He threw it to the spot.   But honest to God, is this going to be the year we’re going to have? Every single pass the kid throws dissected as if it’s definitive proof of his value as a QB?  Not one guy who has ever played the position could stand up to that kind of analysis.

Im a Josh Allen fan, I have been on record as saying so. He had some lousy passes last night, it is just a fact and if we want to make the leap then Josh has to start to eliminate the sloppiness. His first 2 pre season games he looked really good, last night, not so good. Honestly, he was pretty bad. I hope like I said earlier it is corrected.

16 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I saw that- you still have to get composure and put the ball where it is supposed to be- the throw could of been made imo. 

Im a Josh Allen fan, I have been on record as saying so. He had some lousy passes last night, it is just a fact and if we want to make the leap then Josh has to start to eliminate the sloppiness. His first 2 pre season games he looked really good, last night, not so good. Honestly, he was pretty bad. I hope like I said earlier it is corrected.

I don't disagree with that assessment. Im just saying that likely was the reason. He is still a work in progress with things like that...perhaps they need to practice bad snaps and him throwing after catching them.

• Like (+1) 1