Thursday night preseason games 8/15

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, teef said:

McD and gase have faced each other 4 times. McD has won 3 out of the 4. Why ignore that?

And Gase is 2-2 vs Belichick in their last four games.  Trust me, I’m not saying Gase is better than McDermott.  At this point, I think they are pretty much the same.  I think McDermott has the better head coaching personality but he has his flaws as well.  IMO, the Bills and Jets are basically the same team.  Whichever qb progress the most will determine each team’s season.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Gase doesn't have the personality to be a Head Coach. He is a massive sulker. His sideline demeanour is atrocious. The polar opposite of a Head Coach. 

That’s fair.  But I think we are more in a league of specialize coaches.  If Gase just works with the offense and Darnold and lets Williams run the D, the Jets should be fine.  I don’t think McDermott has much say in offensive gameplans.  

I will say the Jets’ coaching situation has way more potential to blow up however.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And Gase is 2-2 vs Belichick in their last four games.  Trust me, I’m not saying Gase is better than McDermott.  At this point, I think they are pretty much the same.  I think McDermott has the better head coaching personality but he has his flaws as well.  IMO, the Bills and Jets are basically the same team.  Whichever qb progress the most will determine each team’s season.

But the Patriots struggles in South Florida have run through plenty of average to poor Dolphins HC and QB combos. It isn't a result of anything brilliant that Gase or Tannehill did. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But the Patriots struggles in South Florida have run through plenty of average to poor Dolphins HC and QB combos. It isn't a result of anything brilliant that Gase or Tannehill did. 

That would be my other point about Gase. Tannehill was whatever, Cutler sucks.  Basically, since Manning, Darnold is the best qb (by far) Gase has had. It definitely can blow up there but I won’t be so quick to dismiss them as some other posters have.  They definitely have some talent. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I pretty much agree with all of this. 

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That would be my other point about Gase. Tannehill was whatever, Cutler sucks.  Basically, since Manning, Darnold is the best qb (by far) Gase has had. It definitely can blow up there but I won’t be so quick to dismiss them as some other posters have.  They definitely have some talent. 

I have not dismissed the Jets at all. I think their roster is a wildcard contending roster. Their offensive if the line holds up can be explosive. But I have serious doubts about the coaching. 

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously we're working with tiny sample sizes for the most part, but I think Darnold and Lamar both looked pretty good last night. Haskins still struggling a bit, though he had a nice TD pass, and Kyler definitely looked a little off in his limited play after looking great the week prior.

Man I’d LOVE to see 2 nice drives tonight by The 1st team offense  on the first one no running just passing , with a TD pass to finish the drive , and the second one with a nice mix of both finished with a score TD or a FG , 

Go Bills baby !!!!

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Why is this an excuse for Gase, but not McDermott? Has he had elite QB play his first two years?

Tyrod was flawed but he forced him into a west coast offense and forced Peterman into the lineup.  

But they both are going to be determined by the QBs they have now.   Very even football teams. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tyrod was flawed but

There is no but. Tyrod was terrible that year. He actually got worse as the season progressed. Getting that team to 9-7 with terrible QB play and all the trades in the offseason was a miracle. Call the playoff spot a fluke but that season was a more impressive coaching job than anything Gase has ever done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I love all these fools who are going to look like fools come mid-october. Especially the jets sack-sniffers around here.

From your mouth to God’s ??

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

There is no but. Tyrod was terrible that year. He actually got worse as the season progressed. Getting that team to 9-7 with terrible QB play and all the trades in the offseason was a miracle. Call the playoff spot a fluke but that season was a more impressive coaching job than anything Gase has ever done.

He was terrible because McDermott hired a west coast OC (which many people knew was a terrible fit for him), then traded the best receiver and tried to replace him with scrubs.  I wasn’t the biggest Tyrod guy but McDermott did him no favors.  

Either way, it’s about Allen and Darnold going forward.  No excuses for either coach. 

13 hours ago, WideNine said:

1990066386_preseasonline-up.thumb.jpg.5414fc603f21d516f78e0f8768839629.jpg

For some reason tonight's preseason lineup reminded me of those pain scales at the doctor's office.

2 hours ago, drf1835 said:

Yes agree. Allen has ‘it’ factor. And I feel Darnold has the ‘that’ factor, Mayfield the ‘this’ factor, and Rosen the ‘what” factor.

Funny Stuff

Edited by ddaryl

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I'd give the defensive edge to the Bills for sure. 

Offensively the Jets will be good, IMO. Top 10 good and as we know offense rules in this league. Good offense=good team. I'm just hoping the Bills offense cracks top 20. 

Oh yeah for sure.  The Jets have some good pieces on defense but they have some ways to go to catch the Bills.  

I dont think some fans get how bad our offense has been under McDermott.  If we can get to 20th, which is such a pathetically low bar, they should be in the playoff hunt.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Actually Gase went 10-6 his first year in Miami with the combination of Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill as they started 1-4 and finished 9-2 that year winning 6 straight at one point. I'd say that's a good coaching job.

Tyrod was far from terrible that year. He wasn't good but terrible? Nah. 

Oh yah !!! 

Miami is a much better team after Gase departure then what he inherited