hoping we go 4 and 0 in the preseason

Howard

9 minutes ago, Howard said:

Holy smokes. Shirl just ran through the parlor and was screaming. What a great game. I told you guys wed go undefeated in the preseason. Can’t wait to see that punk Jim Spagnulo on here and show him what a real team looks like. That’s our team right there. You know when we went 4-0 last? In 1966. That was when I was running my route over on South Park and stopping at Murphy’s at 3pm for 10 cent drafts. Have to sleep now. Go bills

It was Murphy's long td run that set up the win for us.....destiny? Could be!

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Pretty sure that Shirley was a member of the US Postal Service Ladies Auxiliary. They throw the Christmas parties at the Local 537 Ironworker’s hall for kids in the neighborhood. She’s a sweetie....and a damn good cook. 

But can she mix up a nice wine cooler? Maybe with a twist? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Howard is on cloud 9 right now! Who needs the regular season? 

In all seriousness, This team fought to the end, especially the defense and Murphy. It's clear that this is a team of hungry football players. Whether or not they're talented enough to contend will be settled during the season.

Edited by LSHMEAB

7 hours ago, Howard said:

Holy smokes. Shirl just ran through the parlor and was screaming. What a great game. I told you guys wed go undefeated in the preseason. Can’t wait to see that punk Jim Spagnulo on here and show him what a real team looks like. That’s our team right there. You know when we went 4-0 last? In 1966. That was when I was running my route over on South Park and stopping at Murphy’s at 3pm for 10 cent drafts. Have to sleep now. Go bills

They kept saying during the broadcast that the Bills never went 4-0 in a pre-season.  This was the first time they went 4-0, which I think is awesome because it might well have been the last opportunity (change in pre-season seems imminent) 

Edited by loedward22

A winning record in the pre-season is not required to have a good regular season, but it helps. There is a correlation with doing well in the preseason and winning the Super Bowl.

35 of the past 43 Super Bowl winners were 0.500 or better in the preseason.

21 of the past 43 SB winners were 3-1 or better in the preseason.

Only 6 of the last 43 SB winners had preseasons of 1-3. Another one was 0-4, and another was 1-2-1.

With that being said, I am giddy about the Bills' preseason:

They were only one of three undefeated team this year, the other being the Ravens and Giants.

Their 102 points scored was the most in the AFC, and only second to the 119 put up by the Giants (Minnesota also had 102 points in the NFC).

Their +29 net points was third in the AFC to the Ravens +66 and the Patriots +38. The Giants also had a +32 in the NFC

Edited by from_dunkirk