[Vague Title] Trade alert...

I actually love these type of trades. Move a guy off your roster that you know isn’t making the 53 or PS for a guy that may not make your 53 but is a rookie and will go to PS. 

And the fact the trade happened tells tells me that Bills did like him at Draft Time. Maybe they couldn’t get a UDFA deal with him because agent saw the amount of OL we had already. So instead using a piece we were not keeping for him. 

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

he is a rookie. So would you rather end up Cutting Harold final cuts to not go to PS. Or get a Rookie UDFA in the System now where if he gets cut he goes to PS? 

Yea it's a smart long term move because Harold wasn't offering us anything and we got a rookie they can try to mold

But they can also try to stash him on the PS and lose him.. he needs a year bulking up because his play strength isn't at NFL level yet 

It's a no risk move 

His best position might be center so let him develop on the PS and learn from Morse

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Me too. I didn’t get to watch, but Wood’s commentary was very complementary. I’ll check the condensed version tonight.

He looked night and day difference than last year. Still missed a couple throws but looked in control. Went threw Progressions. Bought time to throw instead of just taking off. Was happy with the progress 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

He looked night and day difference than last year. Still missed a couple throws but looked in control. Went threw Progressions. Bought time to throw instead of just taking off. Was happy with the progress 

Pretty much what Wood indicated. In control. Changed plays at the line, took checkdowns. We can handle occasional wildness.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea it's a smart long term move because Harold wasn't offering us anything and we got a rookie they can try to mold

But they can also try to stash him on the PS and lose him.. he needs a year bulking up because his play strength isn't at NFL level yet 

It's a no risk move 

His best position might be center so let him develop on the PS and learn from Morse

Yes and we know we can develop PS players. 

Look at Corey Thompson. (Granted Defense) but still developed on PS to someone that I think can make the team and contribute this year. 

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Pretty much what Wood indicated. In control. Changed plays at the line, took checkdowns. We can handle occasional wildness.

Even the off throws were not dangerous. He misses where he should miss if gonna miss. 

Im happy with this deal.  No chance Eli Harold was making this team. Darryl Johnson looks so far like hes secured that 4th DE spot. 

Makes sense the kid is from Penn state. Bills would have done a lot of Intel on him 

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

Mitch Morse concerns? Need all the C help we can get, seeing how Bodine isn't the answer.

Bodine out weeks with INJ. I am fine with them taking it slow with Morse. Get completely good need him for the season not the next 3 PS games 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Bodine out weeks with INJ. I am fine with them taking it slow with Morse. Get completely good need him for the season not the next 3 PS games 

Even with Morse out, they have Feliciano and Long that can play center.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thats the point.  Both teams had guys that weren’t making their respective teams and decided to swap.  

I doubt this guy makes the 53, but worth a shot for a guy that also wasn’t making the team. 

Makes a lot of sense, seems like it would happen more often.

18 minutes ago, nucci said:

Teams don't usually trade away good OL

Well, not for a DL guy who can’t get into a preseason game. But this may just be the theft of the century!  Viva The Beane!    ?

40 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Good versatility but he was just an UDFA ..

He might not even make the squad..  probably PS

Yeah.  For now he's camp depth.  A year with NFL strength and conditioning training could make a world of difference.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

McDermott did and is in concussion protocol now don't remember hearing anything about Feliciano and he practiced today.

I have an oak tree on my property that's harder to get around than Connor McDermott.

3 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I would be nervous if I was McGhin. I thought he was going to be the PS developmental guy, but now they brought in another versatile UDFA. Should be fun to see how they both do in the coming weeks. 

I thought McGhin looked pretty good last night. I know he was only playing vs. scrubs, but he looked solid.