Press Conferences...

Would someone at the Bills facility please provide a microphone to the journalists during press conferences so we can hear the questions? Hearing just the replies by Coach or whomever is annoying without hearing the questions!!!  Thanks in advance

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

Would someone at the Bills facility please provide a microphone to the journalists during press conferences so we can hear the questions? Hearing just the replies by Coach or whomever is annoying without hearing the questions!!!  Thanks in advance

I have been annoyed by that as well.  Two microphones with a siwitch passed around the room might do the trick.  Answers without the context of the questions is not as informative as it ought to be.  This assumes the media members can be polite and share.

• Like (+1) 1

Very amateur, but it’s been this way since it began. Bush League. I plug earbuds in which is a little better, but I have to divert my eyes so I can really concentrate just to hear. McD is likely aware of this -how could anybody associated with this aspect of the team NOT be? He could repeat/paraphrase the question before answering-which would be greatly appreciated!

I think that radio outlets plug into the Bills mixer and the audio they record comes from the mic on the podium.  So I guess the only way to make the reports questions audible would be to place additional boom mics on the wall or to line up reporters and have them ask questions into a second podium mic.  I’m sure that’s not practical 

24 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I think that radio outlets plug into the Bills mixer and the audio they record comes from the mic on the podium.  So I guess the only way to make the reports questions audible would be to place additional boom mics on the wall or to line up reporters and have them ask questions into a second podium mic.  I’m sure that’s not practical 

Not practical?  It's not a mystery as to how to mic a PC so questions can be heard.

It's just that the Bills organization doesn't seem to know or care how to do it.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not practical?  It's not a mystery as to how to mic a PC so questions can be heard.

It's just that the Bills organization doesn't seem to know or care how to do it.

Care would be the right word.  How many multiple person pressers have we seen where there is one mic being slid across the table or a person leaning in to the lone mic sitting in the middle?

9 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2g2dfs/why_can_we_never_hear_the_questions_being_asked/

"According to Vic Ketchman, editor of Packers.com (a 40+ year veteran of sports writing), reporters want the audio of their question to be their exclusive property."

Media doesn't want it heard.

Honestly, that makes me respect lynch for his "I'm just here so I don't get fined" answers if the media is going to be d-bags about the questions they ask being their own intellectual property. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2g2dfs/why_can_we_never_hear_the_questions_being_asked/

"According to Vic Ketchman, editor of Packers.com (a 40+ year veteran of sports writing), reporters want the audio of their question to be their exclusive property."

That’s pathetic

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

If that's the case, then whoever is answering the question, should make the reply their exclusive property.

And then let someone else other than the original questioner, have the exclusive to the answer. ;)

The media/press record everything anyway, so it isn't as though they don't know who asked what.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I assumed incompetence, but I should have known utter blistering stupidity would be the answer

That is why I stopped listening to the PCs, makes the event worthless imo.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I assumed incompetence, but I should have known utter blistering stupidity would be the answer

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

Go Bills!!!

19 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Very amateur, but it’s been this way since it began. Bush League. I plug earbuds in which is a little better, but I have to divert my eyes so I can really concentrate just to hear. McD is likely aware of this -how could anybody associated with this aspect of the team NOT be? He could repeat/paraphrase the question before answering-which would be greatly appreciated!

Yep.  It's almost as if it's a tradition.  They've always had crappy audio.  They're also the only team in the NFL who seems to have pressers every time they sign a backup QB.

Odd to me.