Kaep enhances his job prospects by taking on Betsy Ross

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

In May of this year, the KKK attempted to hold a rally in Dayton.  9 members showed up; they were confronted by 600 counter protesters.  

The event drew this headline: "KKK holds rally in Dayton, Ohio." Sounds pretty terrible, in isolation, but it ignores the reality on the ground: these are not serious groups, without serious support, and not worth our attention.  These isolated groups shouldn't be allowed to co-opt our national symbols.  

I appreciate the fact that you are passionate about this and you aren't the only one. I personally couldn't care less about white nationalist groups or counter protesters or what the headlines about the event say. 

I'm not interested in chasing around white trash and protesting what flag they are using this week. I don't care how many counter protesters showed up to rally against 9 hillbilly's. To me it's a tiny sub group of our society and most people don't spend too much time worrying about it.

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Based on this "criteria" any symbol will offend someone and thus should not be used in any capacity.  The Betsy Ross flag would have been very low on my list of things that offend.  I fly the US flag, The Betsy Ross flag and the Traditional First Continental Navy Jacks (Don’t Thread on Me) on my property.  Never once thought these were negative symbols.

...hell even the Confederate flag....we should go azz backward and undo a period in this country's history and discount the "Blue vs Gray Bloodshed" for political correctness?...fly the damn flag proudly my friend.....if Kaep is our measuring stick, we've sunk farther than I thought...just pathetic......

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Those "fringe groups" are no longer on the fringe as they are being supported and emboldened by politicians all the way up through the White House. So yeah, this needs to be done right now. It's unfortunate, but currently necessary. Until our country gets its head on straight and drives these bigots back to their parent's basements.

Who are we talking about here ?    These “fringe groups” have membership numbers over 20 members ? 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

What will he want next, remove Presidents from our currency from the days of slavery? He has every right to complain, and I have every right to look down on a company who is influenced by his opinion. Thank you, Nike, for reminding me of why I tried switching to other brands last time you listened to this guy. 

It’s our history. We can’t change it. Just because the KKK wants to adopt something doesn’t mean I have to be opposed to it. They don’t change the meaning, and I don’t care what they think about anything. 

I have more Adidas and K-Swiss stuff than I used to.  

...SLAM DUNK PERIOD Augie......this current age of backpeddling to UNDO is nothing more than candidates' extortive efforts to lure and secure votes....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...SLAM DUNK PERIOD Augie......this current age of backpeddling to UNDO is nothing more than candidates' extortive efforts to lure and secure votes....

Nike’s backpedaling has caused me to redouble my efforts to spend my money on other brands. It’s somewhat difficult, actually, because they have such a huge retail presence and other brands get so little space. So I’ll just have to try harder. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I don’t know this to be true, but I heard/read somewhere that Japanese history textbooks minimize and/or eliminate the attack on Pearl Harbor.  The world is full of horrible stories. If you hide them, how are you supposed to learn from them?  That flag did not celebrate slavery or racism, it was part of our history. Look at the big picture and don’t be a one trick pony. As they say, to a man with a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Kaep needs to broaden his scope, and Nike needs to learn to think on their own.   

• Like (+1) 4

I hate it when some fringe group gloms onto a symbol and then we all have to stop using it even though it was ours and has been for a very long time.  Before this we had the A-OK symbol which everyone used since we were kids and it was seen as a good thing.  Now, it's a white supremacist symbol so we're not supposed to do it anymore.

Before this too is the Don't Tread on Me flag.  I have one and a flag pole without about 10 flags (one Bills of course).  Now whenever I put up the Don't Tread on Me flag my wife freaks out because it's a militia flag and people will think we are militia members.  No, it's the original American flag.  They don't own it, we do.

They wrote the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia. Maybe they should have to change their motto to the City of Brotherly Slavery and Hate?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

EXACTLY.

This "movement" for "anti-racism" isn't intellectually honest. What it is is extortionate in nature.

Holy Crap, I honestly agree with Joe in Winslow; living in the South for over 35 years those who think the KKK, or any other racist group are popular are either smoking crack or have a political agenda - no one here supports or cares about them; let then die!

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nike’s backpedaling has caused me to redouble my efforts to spend my money on other brands. It’s somewhat difficult, actually, because they have such a huge retail presence and other brands get so little space. So I’ll just have to try harder. 

Be sure to check because they make a lot of those other brands too like Converse.  No Chuck Taylors for you.

I pretty much swore off Nike for the most part decades ago because they make their shoes in foreign countries paying the people that make them dirt.

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Holy Crap, I honestly agree with Joe in Winslow; living in the South for over 35 years those who think the KKK, or any other racist group are popular are either smoking crack or have a political agenda - no one here supports or cares about them; let then die!

I lived in Texas for 45+ years and can attest to this as well.  They weren't even popular in the 60s/70s.

Did you know they once had a KKK rally in East Rochester that drew 8,000 members?

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/08/17/white-supremacy-rochester-kkk-racism/575896001/

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, I started out "Kaepernick still trying to get a job in the NFL so relevent to TSW" but after reading the thread,  does not seem football-relevant.

I used a "digital decision maker" to decide between Off the Wall and PPP

Well close the damn thing; man, you shut me down for a week for being "hurtful" but let this crap go on; grab your gonads and do it!

Be careful what you wish for. 

4 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Well close the damn thing; man, you shut me down for a week for being "hurtful" but let this crap go on; grab your gonads and do it!

I don’t think the gonads work. 

Just now, mead107 said:

Be careful what you wish for. 

I don’t think the gonads work. 

Seriously, this thread should have closed long ago, but if I call someone an a****** related to the "Buffalo Bills, I get barred for a week by "haplessbills fan." So many double standards on this board - so many great members but so little control!

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Seriously, this thread should have closed long ago, but if I call someone an a****** related to the "Buffalo Bills, I get barred for a week by "haplessbills fan." So many double standards on this board - so many great members but so little control!

Self moderation is always best.  We are all Bills fans. 

46 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

they should design a pair that features the Antifa flag.  I’m sure he would love those.

Maybe Castro's face, some butchered pigs and some reefer would be more appropriate.

Just now, mead107 said:

Self moderation is always best.  We are all Bills fans. 

No we are not. There are a number of pet trolls supported by mods.

• Like (+1) 2