Is it possible that someone could be a real football fan and think the Bills are called the Bulls?

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

So I started seeing this woman, and she claims to be a big football fan -- Ravens in particular. On our first date (already knowing I'm a Bills fan), she literally said "Buffalo Bulls." Did I correct her? Yes, yes I did.

But it got me thinking that she has to be faking being a football fan at all in an effort to win my approval. Is it really possible that a person who watches any decent amount of football (or does any kind of following online or otherwise) could really think it's the Buffalo Bulls? I'm not a baseball fan, but even I would know the names of the teams at least, for example.

Not to mention, the Ravens have been a frequent opponent of the Bills in recent years, including last year's season opener!

Also, there's no way this is a mix-up with UB. Trust me on that one.

I sense fake football fandom and dishonesty! RED FLAGS! Sad.

Maybe she said that to you because she knows you like football,thinks you're a good looking nice guy and wants to see you again.

Edited by Misterbluesky

6 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

So I started seeing this woman, and she claims to be a big football fan -- Ravens in particular. On our first date (already knowing I'm a Bills fan), she literally said "Buffalo Bulls." Did I correct her? Yes, yes I did.

But it got me thinking that she has to be faking being a football fan at all in an effort to win my approval. Is it really possible that a person who watches any decent amount of football (or does any kind of following online or otherwise) could really think it's the Buffalo Bulls? I'm not a baseball fan, but even I would know the names of the teams at least, for example.

Not to mention, the Ravens have been a frequent opponent of the Bills in recent years, including last year's season opener!

Also, there's no way this is a mix-up with UB. Trust me on that one.

I sense fake football fandom and dishonesty! RED FLAGS! Sad.

U is right next to the I on the QWERTY.

Just saying.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

What I wouldn’t give to stand across from you at your kitchen island, drinking moderately priced vino, in sweaters with button down shirts underneath talking about the good old days. 

“Do you remember that time T&See was terrible?” Giggle-giggle-snort

We’d talk so much BBMB we’d drive the cockroaches back to teefs old rotten down barn where he stores his wife’s over ripened basil.

Could be that what she thinks being a big fan is is not the same as what we would consider being a big fan.

I remember before the '94 home opener, I was at my then girlfriend's place, leaving to go to the game.  She had a couple that came over and they were going out to watch some games.  The woman had a Packers jersey on.  I said Oh, are you a Packers fan?  She went on and on how about how much she loves the Packers..................One really big story in the NFL week involved the Packers and I asked her "Is Sterling Sharpe going to play today?" - and she said "Who is Sterling Sharpe?"  (This was height of his powers, pre injury, 3 time 1st Team All Pro Sterling Sharpe) 

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, bbb said:

Could be that what she thinks being a big fan is is not the same as what we would consider being a big fan.

I remember before the '94 home opener, I was at my then girlfriend's place, leaving to go to the game.  She had a couple that came over and they were going out to watch some games.  The woman had a Packers jersey on.  I said Oh, are you a Packers fan?  She went on and on how about how much she loves the Packers..................One really big story in the NFL week involved the Packers and I asked her "Is Sterling Sharpe going to play today?" - and she said "Who is Sterling Sharpe?"  (This was height of his powers, pre injury, 3 time 1st Team All Pro Sterling Sharpe) 

Female bar room fans = a very tough hang for me. The yelling,jumping up and down like fools,they always want food,hugs..high fives..loaded by the 4th qtr..etc.lipstick on their faces..

I'll pass.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, bbb said:

She went on and on how about how much she loves the Packers.......

‘Bay green’ and ‘cheese gold’ must have scored high on her colour analysis.  My first wife couldn’t buy a piece of clothing without pulling out that guddam ‘colour analysis’ chart that the local ‘colour analysis expert’ prepared for her.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I once had someone try to fix me up with a woman who she knew but not very well.  We started by talking on the phone.  Back in those days I had season tickets & never missed a Bills home game .   At one point she asked me "What's going to happen when you can't go to games any longer? "  We never made it to a 1st date.  A few weeks later I ran into the woman who tried to fix us up.  By that time she had gotten to know the other woman better & when I told her I never went out with the woman she fixed me up with and I had to tell the woman she was too depressing for me to date with she said "Good, she's crazy, she calls me up in the mornings, curses me out & hangs up"  

So yes, it's always better to run away from someone who gives you the  “I have no interest in sports” line, especially if she's planning on a future when she's going to cut off your sports before you've even been on a 1st date.  

Exactly.  It’s not that I don’t respect women who don’t like football, but it’s about as you said her trying to change you.  

Seriously though, I lived in Baltimore for 12 years. Just the words “big Ravens fan” is funny to me. 

There are few, don’t get me wrong, but not many. At least not fans like we are here. Most people have zero idea what they’re talking about, they have very little interest in players, etc. 

Imo, they won it all too soon and are fickle type fans. They use it as an excuse to wear their jerseys or T-shirt’s on Friday at work but if you ask them who they’re playing you’ll most likely get a quizzical look like it had never occurred to them that they might want to know that. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Seriously though, I lived in Baltimore for 12 years. Just the words “big Ravens fan” is funny to me. 

There are few, don’t get me wrong, but not many. At least not fans like we are here. Most people have zero idea what they’re talking about, they have very little interest in players, etc. 

Imo, they won it all too soon and are fickle type fans. They use it as an excuse to wear their jerseys or T-shirt’s on Friday at work but if you ask them who they’re playing you’ll most likely get a quizzical look like it had never occurred to them that they might want to know that. 

My guess is the biggest Ravens fans are the ones who weren't born until after the Browns moved to Baltimore.  The older fans grew up with the Colts and as any real fan knows, you don't just switch teams, even when you have to give up the old one in disgust as they leave & another team moves in to replace them.  In the bay area, the Raiders are leaving after this season but their fans are not just going to start rooting for the 49ers just because they're the closest NFL team.  

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

My guess is the biggest Ravens fans are the ones who weren't born until after the Browns moved to Baltimore.  The older fans grew up with the Colts and as any real fan knows, you don't just switch teams, even when you have to give up the old one in disgust as they leave & another team moves in to replace them.  In the bay area, the Raiders are leaving after this season but their fans are not just going to start rooting for the 49ers just because they're the closest NFL team.  

See, I’ve heard that argument before but I don’t agree with it. If the Bills left I would have a hard time enjoying another team. But if the Bills left and a new team came to Buffalo. That would be another story. 

The Ravens situation is different in that they took an already built team. I don’t know how I’d feel about that. That would be harder to get on board with, 

Regardless it doesn’t change the fact that their fan base generally doesn’t have a clue. 

On 6/18/2019 at 10:19 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

I once had someone try to fix me up with a woman who she knew but not very well.  We started by talking on the phone.  Back in those days I had season tickets & never missed a Bills home game .   At one point she asked me "What's going to happen when you can't go to games any longer? "  We never made it to a 1st date.  A few weeks later I ran into the woman who tried to fix us up.  By that time she had gotten to know the other woman better & when I told her I never went out with the woman she fixed me up with and I had to tell the woman she was too depressing for me to date with she said "Good, she's crazy, she calls me up in the mornings, curses me out & hangs up"  

So yes, it's always better to run away from someone who gives you the  “I have no interest in sports” line, especially if she's planning on a future when she's going to cut off your sports before you've even been on a 1st date.  

This x1,000,000

6 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

This x1,000,000

No. This is the wrong way to look at it. In every relationship people have interests their significant others don’t share. 

The way way I see it I’d prefer to be with someone that doesn’t like sports. I like my Bills time. Either alone, or with buds. That would change dramatically if she liked it too. 

No thanks. 

If your wife doesn’t allow you to watch sports because she doesn’t like it. That’s not a her problem, that’s a you problem. Grow up, and find a women to be in an adult relationship with. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

No. This is the wrong way to look at it. In every relationship people have interests their significant others don’t share. 

The way way I see it I’d prefer to be with someone that doesn’t like sports. I like my Bills time. Either alone, or with buds. That would change dramatically if she liked it too. 

No thanks. 

If your wife doesn’t allow you to watch sports because she doesn’t like it. That’s not a her problem, that’s a you problem. Grow up, and find a women to be in an adult relationship with. 

that's where i'm at with it.  my wife doesn't have to like sports at all, (although she does get into the behind the scenes drama of it) and that's fine.  i think i like 30% of the ***** she likes.  just don't disturb or have a problem with something i enjoy.  it's good to have some separate interests.  you each go and do your own thing, and when it's time to hang out and give her the noise, everyone is in a bit better place.

8 minutes ago, teef said:

that's where i'm at with it.  my wife doesn't have to like sports at all, (although she does get into the behind the scenes drama of it) and that's fine.  i think i like 30% of the ***** she likes.  just don't disturb or have a problem with something i enjoy.  it's good to have some separate interests.  you each go and do your own thing, and when it's time to hang out and give her the noise, everyone is in a bit better place.

Don't act like you don't take her to Geva...

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Don't act like you don't take her to Geva...

we actually had season tickets to the auditorium (plays and musicals) for a few years.  there was a good balance though.  90% of the time she took her mom or one of her girlfriends.  they'd go out to dinner and drinks, then to the show.  i would have to go to 1 or 2 a year, which was do-able.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, teef said:

we actually had season tickets to the auditorium (plays and musicals) for a few years.  there was a good balance though.  90% of the time she took her mom or one of her girlfriends.  they'd go out to dinner and drinks, then to the show.  i would have to go to 1 or 2 a year, which was do-able.

Spoken like a true,loving seasoned husband.?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

What you described isn't her just saying, "I have no interest in sports," it's "I have no interest in sports and therefore you'll have to stop watching sports." In that case, yes - run away.

But her having no interest in sports, in and of itself, is not a reason to ditch her. My wife has no interest in sports but she has no problem with me watching football. She'll even watch a game with me now and then. We've been together for 32 years and I'm glad I didn't run away when she said she wasn't interested in sports.

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

What you described isn't her just saying, "I have no interest in sports," it's "I have no interest in sports and therefore you'll have to stop watching sports." In that case, yes - run away.

But her having no interest in sports, in and of itself, is not a reason to ditch her. My wife has no interest in sports but she has no problem with me watching football. She'll even watch a game with me now and then. We've been together for 32 years and I'm glad I didn't run away when she said she wasn't interested in sports.

I like to watch at home with my brother(blood)..and a friend or two..brother in law included.They bring some things over..we have food..nothing special and we WATCH the game.It's fun without the stupid chatter...

3rd and 6 at our 38 yard line...pivotal talk happens..line talk etc

Not...Jenn is having a surprise birthday party for Timmy on the 8th of October..Saturday at 4.

21 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

the Bulls or the BEEEWW'S?

Do you stay awake for the second half's of the 4 o'clock games...

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Agreed. My wife has no interest in sports, not even those popular where she came from, but encourages me to go out and watch game with friends.

She even has been to a few preseason games.

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I like to watch at home with my brother(blood)..and a friend or two..brother in law included.They bring some things over..we have food..nothing special and we WATCH the game.It's fun without the stupid chatter...

3rd and 6 at our 38 yard line...pivotal talk happens..line talk etc

Not...Jenn is having a surprise birthday party for Timmy on the 8th of October..Saturday at 4.

Do you stay awake for the second half's of the 4 o'clock games...

I lived on the Left Coast, for a long time and the 4Pm games were 1PM there.