Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Thrill

Thad Brown: “Cody Ford Is Not A Starter For the Bills”

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For this gem on YouTube.  Rochester’s own Thaddeus Brown spends about 2 minutes talking about Josh allen and then rips Cody Ford.  He says he doesn’t like the pick and that unless there’s an injury he can’t see Cody starting all season long.  He just doesn’t seem to be much of a fan.

 

I disagree with Thad here and have Ford pencilled in to start at one of the guard spots.

 

 

 

Edited by Phil The Thrill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found someone who doesn't like the pick. Virtually everyone has praised the Bills for picking Ford in the 2nd.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJS said:

Finally found someone who doesn't like the pick. Virtually everyone has praised the Bills for picking Ford in the 2nd.

 

Exactly.  I have no idea why why That didn’t like the pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

 

Exactly.  I have no idea why why That didn’t like the pick

 

Because being the contrarian gets him noticed.

 

Welcome to 21st century media.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

I think it's important to remember this is what Thad said directly following the Vikings game. Not the Chargers, Packers, or Patriots the Vikings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that predicting Ford won't start week 1 is a stretch. I like the pick, but Nsekhe probably has a leg up in the competition just based on experience alone. We all want Ford to win the competition at RT and start, and I think most fans assume he will, but Brown was asked for a bold prediction and he gave one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

 

That has to be Jon Gruden in disguise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

 

Because being the contrarian gets him noticed.

 

Welcome to 21st century media.

 

...lived in Rochester my entire life and never heard of him...must write for the Genesee Valley Pennysaver or VALPACK Coupons.............

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...lived in Rochester my entire life and never heard of him...must write for the Genesee Valley Pennysaver or VALPACK Coupons.............

Sports director and anchor ch 8 in ROC.  On the radio pregame show on Sundays in season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Sports director and anchor ch 8 in ROC.  On the radio pregame show on Sundays in season.  

 

...LOL.....WROC is a "sinking ship" in Rochester.......

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

For this gem on YouTube.  Rochester’s own Thaddeus Brown spends about 2 minutes talking about Josh allen and then rips Cody Ford.  He says he doesn’t like the pick and that unless there’s an injury he can’t see Cody starting all season long.  He just doesn’t seem to be much of a fan.

 

I disagree with Thad here and have Ford pencilled in to start at one of the guard spots.

 

 

 

 

Stephen A Smith has opinions too. Gets his face on page 1 of ESPN every day. Good luck with your strategy of saying “stuff” Thaddeus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Ford starts. It would justify the trade up to get him, but I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't start. Best man wins. This also wouldn't make Ford a bust already. We picked up a ton of vets on the oline, have a ton of depth and they all have an equal chance to prove themselves. It wouldn't be such a bad thing for a vet to beat him out early in the process.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he should become an NFL coach, if he is that good to where he does not need training camp competition to determine the starting lineup.  

 

At this point I only listen to the writers information on facts and dont give 2 poops about their opinion...

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys named Thad are the crappier version of guys named Chad.

 

And we all know guys named Chad wear board shorts to weddings.

 

So...

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cody Ford sits the bench as rookie, it probably means the vets we picked up are performing exceptionally.

 

Not being forced to put rookies into the lineup is a great sign of depth.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...LOL.....WROC is a "sinking ship" in Rochester.......

 

It’s been sinking for years!  I think that Thad helped patch up the holes in the ship 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Sports director and anchor ch 8 in ROC.  On the radio pregame show on Sundays in season.  

Isn't this Chris Brown not Thad Brown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dopey said:

I hope Ford starts. It would justify the trade up to get him, but I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't start. Best man wins. This also wouldn't make Ford a bust already. We picked up a ton of vets on the oline, have a ton of depth and they all have an equal chance to prove themselves. It wouldn't be such a bad thing for a vet to beat him out early in the process.

Totally agree. Ford and Dawkins are the future bookends of this O line. Providing quality depth while learning the craft is not a bad problem to have. Best man plays, if it's Ford, awesome. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't Thad Tweet and report from the OTA's and mini-camps?

 

And there were some reports that Cody was getting beat regularly around the edge by Trent Murphy.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

For this gem on YouTube.  Rochester’s own Thaddeus Brown spends about 2 minutes talking about Josh allen and then rips Cody Ford.  He says he doesn’t like the pick and that unless there’s an injury he can’t see Cody starting all season long.  He just doesn’t seem to be much of a fan.

 

I disagree with Thad here and have Ford pencilled in to start at one of the guard spots.

 

This guy?  And we care about his football predictions why?

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/contact/bios/thad-brown/211085407

 

With a good OL, it's quite common for a rookie OLman to spend a year learning the NFL game and pursuing NFL level strength and conditioning.

We do have competition on the OL, but if Ford doesn't start this year, it doesn't mean he's a crap pick either.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...