YoloinOhio

Fairburn: John Brown appears to be heading into TC as Bills’ top wideout

Zay, Beasley and Foster all missing time may contribute to this. But good to see the chemistry developing with Smoky and Allen. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zay, Beasley and Foster all missing time may contribute to this. But good to see the chemistry developing with Smoky and Allen. 

so basically the lack of news is news and the leading guy gets all the accolades or blame 

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

In other top stories, Sean McDermott appears to be heading into training camp as the chief bottle-washer and man-in-charge of the Bills. Film at 11. :)

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Haha (+1) 1

Good, looks like he and JA may be getting a little chemistry together already. That can only be a good sign.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

so basically the lack of news is news and the leading guy gets all the accolades or blame 

Basically, yes

• Like (+1) 2

So, this is basically telling us that John Brown is beating out... Ray-Ray Mcleod, Isaiah McKenzie, and Duke Williams? Not much of a shock there. It would be more of a story if he were not beating them for top WR reps. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Except he also said that John Brown has looked like the best WR on the team every time he’s been on the field.

Not really a shock, John has been the favorite to be WR1 since he was signed to compete for that spot.  And considering he’s the only accomplished Vet outside Cole in the WR room, safe to say he has a good probability to be a starter for our young QB.

My biggest concern with John is durability.

• Like (+1) 2

Its good that hes doing better than the guys we had last year. Hope it continues in the preseason when the others are practicing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its good that hes doing better than the guys we had last year. Hope it continues in the preseason when the others are practicing.

John Brown is a proven WR so nothing to worry about with him. Same with Beasley...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's been number one on the depth chart from day one.

I expect it to be between him, Zay (turned into the #1 in targets last season as KB was phased out) and Foster. Beasley as slot won’t be considered that imo.  But as McD said months ago, they probably won’t have a true #1. But I said it before and will again that John brown would be a wise pick in fantasy. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expect it to be between him, Zay (turned into the #1 in targets last season as KB was phased out) and Foster. Beasley as slot won’t be considered that imo.  But as McD said months ago, they probably won’t have a true #1. But I said it before and will again that John brown would be a wise pick in fantasy. 

If you are the only Bills fan in fantasy league John Brown will be a last round pick

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

If you are the only Bills fan in fantasy league John Brown will be a last round pick

I am! :devil:

20 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I doubt that. Brown has been a decent WR in fantasy in the past. He was awesome last year until Flacco went down. Fantasy footbalers in the know will take a flier on him, regardless of fan loyalty. He'll not be a high pick, by any means.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember the OC and GM saying they don't buy into the having that "true" #1 WR and would prefer to have a group that plays off one another. I think we will see every WR in different spots depending on who we are playing and the type of DBs they have. I really think the offense will be really fun to watch this season.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Maybe if your fantasy league managers suck at fantasy.  Brown had value last year and everyone knows Allen has a big arm.  He will start coming off boards in the vicinity of rounds 9 through 12.  Especially if he and Josh show some chemistry or big plays in preseason.  

who still does a snake draft? Come on...it's all about auction draft

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Or, who still does Strat-O-Matic?

Edited by Mark Vader

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

We do. I don’t run it, the commissioner has discussed doing an auction this year 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except he also said that John Brown has looked like the best WR on the team every time he’s been on the field.

Not really a shock, John has been the favorite to be WR1 since he was signed to compete for that spot.  And considering he’s the only accomplished Vet outside Cole in the WR room, safe to say he has a good probability to be a starter for our young QB.

My biggest concern with John is durability.

I share this concern. He does have an injury history.

It's no shock that Brown will more likely be the #1 WR, he & Beasley have the most NFL experience on the team.

So who will be the #2 WR? Foster?

11 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Or, who still does Strat-O-Matic?

I remember that. Played for years

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We do. I don’t run it, the commissioner has discussed doing an auction this year 

it will be best move you make...we do yahoo online auction. It's great. Try a mock to see how you like it. Hate waiting 20 picks and just watch best players get drafted

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I share this concern. He does have an injury history.

It's no shock that Brown will more likely be the #1 WR, he & Beasley have the most NFL experience on the team.

So who will be the #2 WR? Foster?

I think Foster is the front runner, but I do believe McD will make it a legit battle and I think Zay and Duke will have opportunity to seize the second starting spot.  

I personally would love to see some one like Duke surprise and take it just based on the different skill set he brings with size and big catch radius to give more diversity to the group...but he has a lot to prove still and is still easily behind both Foster and Zay.  We won’t really know what he can actually do until contact starts and he can use his physicality out there.  

But if I was to place a wager, I would bet on Foster to win a starting spot.  He has chemistry already with Josh and spent the offseason working out in CA with Allen.

53 minutes ago, NewCastleFanBills said:

I remember the OC and GM saying they don't buy into the having that "true" #1 WR and would prefer to have a group that plays off one another. I think we will see every WR in different spots depending on who we are playing and the type of DBs they have. I really think the offense will be really fun to watch this season.

...good call bud...I remember the same....some TBD posters disagreed, favoring a #1.........another interesting quote regarding WR's was Mc Beane saying (paraphrased), "the signing of Duke Williams made drafting a WR early not a top priority".......and some TBD pundits already have labeled him as "camp fodder.....won't even make the roster...".......gonna be interesting.....stay tuned.....

• Like (+1) 1

when all the dust settles,  Brown and Beasley will be your top 2 wrs. While Foster and Jones get the remaining targets.