Fairburn: John Brown appears to be heading into TC as Bills’ top wideout

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

so basically the lack of news is news and the leading guy gets all the accolades or blame 

Except he also said that John Brown has looked like the best WR on the team every time he’s been on the field.

Not really a shock, John has been the favorite to be WR1 since he was signed to compete for that spot.  And considering he’s the only accomplished Vet outside Cole in the WR room, safe to say he has a good probability to be a starter for our young QB.

My biggest concern with John is durability.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its good that hes doing better than the guys we had last year. Hope it continues in the preseason when the others are practicing.

John Brown is a proven WR so nothing to worry about with him. Same with Beasley...

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

He's been number one on the depth chart from day one.

I expect it to be between him, Zay (turned into the #1 in targets last season as KB was phased out) and Foster. Beasley as slot won’t be considered that imo.  But as McD said months ago, they probably won’t have a true #1. But I said it before and will again that John brown would be a wise pick in fantasy. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expect it to be between him, Zay (turned into the #1 in targets last season as KB was phased out) and Foster. Beasley as slot won’t be considered that imo.  But as McD said months ago, they probably won’t have a true #1. But I said it before and will again that John brown would be a wise pick in fantasy. 

If you are the only Bills fan in fantasy league John Brown will be a last round pick

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

If you are the only Bills fan in fantasy league John Brown will be a last round pick

I doubt that. Brown has been a decent WR in fantasy in the past. He was awesome last year until Flacco went down. Fantasy footbalers in the know will take a flier on him, regardless of fan loyalty. He'll not be a high pick, by any means.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember the OC and GM saying they don't buy into the having that "true" #1 WR and would prefer to have a group that plays off one another. I think we will see every WR in different spots depending on who we are playing and the type of DBs they have. I really think the offense will be really fun to watch this season.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Maybe if your fantasy league managers suck at fantasy.  Brown had value last year and everyone knows Allen has a big arm.  He will start coming off boards in the vicinity of rounds 9 through 12.  Especially if he and Josh show some chemistry or big plays in preseason.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except he also said that John Brown has looked like the best WR on the team every time he’s been on the field.

Not really a shock, John has been the favorite to be WR1 since he was signed to compete for that spot.  And considering he’s the only accomplished Vet outside Cole in the WR room, safe to say he has a good probability to be a starter for our young QB.

My biggest concern with John is durability.

I share this concern. He does have an injury history.

It's no shock that Brown will more likely be the #1 WR, he & Beasley have the most NFL experience on the team.

So who will be the #2 WR? Foster?