Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
matter2003

Greggo's "Pressure Packages" Playbook with the 2003 Bills

Recommended Posts

ugh... what a disappointment that season was.  Especially after our hot start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's very interesting.  As someone who's never played anything more than backyard football, I never realized how much is accounted for with each defensive play.  Reading those responsibilities and alignments for each play really helps 

 

I also have newfound appreciation for the notion of overly complicated defensive playbooks and how some players have a hard time digesting theses plays.  It's like a different language.  My first reaction after looking at the page count was that this was "fairly small, can't be much here."  

 

After reading just the first couple pages though, it's jam-packed with information.   

 

Can anyone explain what is happening on page 3 for example?  Is "Under Sam Dog" a defensive concept?  Are the subsections titled "White" "Twin" and "Ace" just examples of the concept as it is applied to different offensive formations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they ever find the "punt from the opponent's 35" playbook?

  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes my brain hurt!!! Could not imagine being a rookie having to learn the playbook.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Capco said:

That's very interesting.  As someone who's never played anything more than backyard football, I never realized how much is accounted for with each defensive play.  Reading those responsibilities and alignments for each play really helps 

 

I also have newfound appreciation for the notion of overly complicated defensive playbooks and how some players have a hard time digesting theses plays.  It's like a different language.  My first reaction after looking at the page count was that this was "fairly small, can't be much here."  

 

After reading just the first couple pages though, it's jam-packed with information.   

 

Can anyone explain what is happening on page 3 for example?  Is "Under Sam Dog" a defensive concept?  Are the subsections titled "White" "Twin" and "Ace" just examples of the concept as it is applied to different offensive formations?

Under is the front alignment of the defensive line and Sam Dog means the SAM linebacker is blitzing on the play.

 

Yes, that is correct...each play CHANGES based on the offensive formation...your keys, responsibility, etc...which is why its not just learning the play, its learning what you have to do against every offensive formation as well on each play

Edited by matter2003
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Makes my brain hurt!!! Could not imagine being a rookie having to learn the playbook.

That play call is in there somewhere. There is an envelope full of money that mysteriously appears afterwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Makes my brain hurt!!! Could not imagine being a rookie having to learn the playbook.

I know right?  This makes the Microsoft EULA look like The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I missed the page on administering head shots and breaking bones. 

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did they ever find the "punt from the opponent's 35" playbook?

 

Saint Doug borrowed that one and hasn't returned it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Happy Days said:

Cool Find. I wonder how much has changed in his defensive system since then.

Really - - who cares - - we didn't win the ultimate prize and that's what counts in Bills history!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...