The Draft Network: Josh Allen Review

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I didn't notice that, but it could be that BD was trying to keep it simple for a rookie QB. Definitely need to mix up the cadence going forward if that was indeed the case.

Maybe watch some film of EJ’s hard count?  I miss that! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't want to cast shade on anybody because of what they look like, or anything like that. I don't want to draw conclusions on somebody merely because of their age, or their fashion choices, or their life experiences. I just want to put this thread into some sort of perspective.

This is a recent picture of the guy whose opinion we are currently debating:

40c6a71bf96104764302e30d93d425df.jpg.3da99579b39f9e16c90690c81c8a85d0.jpg

This is not a joke.

This is an actual, recent photograph of Benjamin Solak, the author of the article that we, as Bills fans, are debating on June 9th, 2019. I'm sure he is a fine, young man. I have nothing but respect for the work, and dedication he has shown to get his article featured in the online football journal, The Draft Network.

Good job, kid!

A+

Forgive me if I don't put an enormous amount of stock in the opinion of someone whom, I assume, is still in high school. I have a daughter in high school, and she is also convinced that she knows far more than me. And, in all honesty, she might be right. I can't say that I have ever won an argument with her that didn't end with me uttering the phrase, "because I said so..."

An adult sized cop-out if ever there was one. 

Now, let's move on.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I don't want to cast shade on anybody because of what they look like, or anything like that. I don't want to draw conclusions on somebody merely because of their age, or their fashion choices, or their life experiences. I just want to put this thread into some sort of perspective.

This is not a joke.

This is an actual, recent photograph of Benjamin Solak, the author of the article that we, as Bills fans, are debating on June 9th, 2019. I'm sure he is a fine, young man. I have nothing but respect for the work, and dedication he has shown to get his article featured in the online football journal, The Draft Network.

Good job, kid!

A+

Forgive me if I don't put an enormous amount of stock in the opinion of someone whom, I assume, is still in high school. I have a daughter in high school, and she is also convinced that she knows far more than me. And, in all honesty, she might be right. I can't say that I have ever won an argument with her that didn't end with me uttering the phrase, "because I said so..."

Now, let's move on.

Now that is funny!

I wanna know how someone gets a gig like this. Obviously, knowledge of the subject isn’t required. What’s happened to “journalism” is just criminal. Must be the ever disappearing skill of being dick while using G rated language..

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is not a joke.

Good job, kid!

A+

Now, let's move on.

Coincidentally, I found an online photo of our beloved ScottLaw as well:

old.thumb.jpg.af1ee850ffc43eb01fcce0a0541e305a.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

On June 8, 2019 at 4:21 PM, Captain Murica said:

Feisty team... I wanted to defend the draft network but ***** yikes man. 6-10/7-9, then McDermott & Beane will be on the hot seat and the rebuild was for nothing. 

For FFS I cannot wait for TC & the preseason to come. 

It's good to know that with the FA and draft improvements, a QB in his second year, a division opponent tanking along with a seemingly softer schedule that we might be feisty enough to match last year's record.

• Like (+1) 1

With the explosion of the Internet sites devoted to the NFL it is impossible to figure out anymore who has validity in commenting on things and who is the equivalent of a guy like me just siting in his basement spewing things out just for the heck of it. 

So my only issue from this article comes from this segment:

Now, inaccuracy doesn't just vanish. Players don't just become more accurate -- at least, not with such a significant jump that we should expect Allen to, at any point in his career, become a suddenly accurate quarterback. He's good at hitting downfield throws when he can see it and sling it, though he still struggles with backshoulder placement; he can hit some intermediate crossers and then inexplicably miss the next one. The name of the game isn't making Allen more accurate -- it's modeling the offense around the throws that he can hit accurately, and hoping that passing game will be sustainable.

Seriously? Accuracy can't be fixed? So instead we should model an offense that has 0 short game?

You will NEVER win games by just slinging it down field over and over. He suggests bringing a "madden team" in. Which he means "throw the deep ball over and over". I suggest that Madden is the only football he watches because all of this is idiocy. 

Accuracy CAN be worked on.  Of course you want to build an offense around your QB's strengths but at the same time you need to continue to work on his weaknesses and turn them into strengths. Otherwise you end up with a one dimensional offense that anybody can defend against. 

Has anyone else seen articles about whether accuracy can be fixed or not? I mean.....do human beings get born with an accuracy gene that sets just how accurate they will be throwing the ball and there is just nothing to do to change that? 

23 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

So my only issue from this article comes from this segment:

Seriously? Accuracy can't be fixed? So instead we should model an offense that has 0 short game?

You will NEVER win games by just slinging it down field over and over. He suggests bringing a "madden team" in. Which he means "throw the deep ball over and over". I suggest that Madden is the only football he watches because all of this is idiocy. 

Accuracy CAN be worked on.  Of course you want to build an offense around your QB's strengths but at the same time you need to continue to work on his weaknesses and turn them into strengths. Otherwise you end up with a one dimensional offense that anybody can defend against. 

Has anyone else seen articles about whether accuracy can be fixed or not? I mean.....do human beings get born with an accuracy gene that sets just how accurate they will be throwing the ball and there is just nothing to do to change that? 

Of course accuracy can be improved.  It's silly to suggest otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Well, then this article is just silly...but it seems that everyone has figured that out already

Several folks on this board have done a throw by throw analysis of Allen and debunked the accuracy thing.

Allen has a ways to go, and I would concur with the author' thoughts on him having to make quicker decisions.  That is the case for young QBs in general, they have to get things to slow down enough to make proper reads, etc.

I really do love this kid.  I’d like to make a thread about him but that would be LAMP.  

Hes such a good kid.  Seems to be very innocent.  Oozing with potential.  Potential that, if reached, will yield us a HoF QB and possible SB champion.  Can reach that potential?  Can our coaching staff pull that out of him?  Bills fans deserve a “best case scenario”.  Please, football gods, grant us the best case scenario version of Josh Allen.  We surely deserve it