Everything Joe Biden--Gaffes, Miscues, Touching, Songs

“No seriously, I don’t know how much time I have here. They’re not letting me see my grandkids!” Biden continued. “I don’t want to be president. I want my rocking chair, nap time, ginger snaps and bingo!” But everyone just laughed even harder. “It must be another one of Biden's classic old-timey references.” Others said, “Oh Biden! What a character!”

Biden then shook his head, blinking several times and looking visibly confused. He then managed to get out two coherent sentences before calling Wolf Blitzer a lying dog-faced pony soldier and challenging him to a push-up contest. The interview ended abruptly after security was forced to step in and pull him off-camera.

Democratic viewers at home collectively shrugged and said, “He’s still got my vote.” 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

“No seriously, I don’t know how much time I have here. They’re not letting me see my grandkids!” Biden continued. “I don’t want to be president. I want my rocking chair, nap time, ginger snaps and bingo!” But everyone just laughed even harder. “It must be another one of Biden's classic old-timey references.” Others said, “Oh Biden! What a character!”

Biden then shook his head, blinking several times and looking visibly confused. He then managed to get out two coherent sentences before calling Wolf Blitzer a lying dog-faced pony soldier and challenging him to a push-up contest. The interview ended abruptly after security was forced to step in and pull him off-camera.

Democratic viewers at home collectively shrugged and said, “He’s still got my vote.” 

by the way, Fitty-nine, I meant to comment on the green house you're building for your wife.  I saw it somewhere along the line on my phone--very cool idea.  

I'm also putting the comment here because if it wasn't your post--awkward, but sooner or later Joe B will say something silly and all will be forgotten.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Presidential-elections-Biden-Whitmer-hai

39 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

by the way, Fitty-nine, I meant to comment on the green house you're building for your wife.  I saw it somewhere along the line on my phone--very cool idea.  

I'm also putting the comment here because if it wasn't your post--awkward, but sooner or later Joe B will say something silly and all will be forgotten.  

Actually I think 59 has Biden quarantined in the green house. Joe thought he said the white house.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol:

When it's so savage | Reaction Images | Know Your Meme

I normally would not be for something like this during these type of briefings that are serious in nature. 

But he didn’t go out seeking it, the reporter asked Trump his response to the tweet.

That was a brutal smack down.   And truth be told, I believe what he said was accurate ?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Haahha! It was me ?. Thanks, brother!

• Thank you (+1) 1

In Missouri, Gov. Mike Parson says staying at home is a matter of “individual responsibilities”; in Arkansas, Gov. Asa Hutchinson scoffs there is nothing “magical” about stay-at-home directives; in Iowa, Gov. Kim Reynolds protests that “I can’t lock everybody in their home.” Those governors, all Republicans, have been enabled by Mr. Trump, who points to states that don’t yet “have the problem,” and remarks that it’s “awfully tough to say, ‘Close it down.’ ” He favors flexibility and is seconded by Vice President Pence, who says the federal government “will defer to state and local health authorities on any measures that they deem appropriate.”

These people are literally killing Americans. 

Biden is so so so much more competent than these clowns. 

Jared Kushner is in charge of this for God's sake!

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So I decided to do a quick research on each of these 3 states. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Missouri has 34 deaths

Arkansas has 14 deaths 

Iowa has 14 deaths 

That is a far lower PER CAPITA Mortality rate than pretty much the entire country.

This is why they don’t listen to the dopes in the media.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

So I decided to do a quick research on each of these 3 states. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Missouri has 34 deaths

Arkansas has 14 deaths 

Iowa has 14 deaths 

That is a far lower PER CAPITA Mortality rate than pretty much the entire country.

But they’re LITERALLY killing Americans. Why do I think of her when people talk like that?

0F792919-1D6E-46CC-9BE1-BF4A3DA93C71.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Biden wouldn't have closed the borders until at least a week later, if not longer.  We'd be ***** right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Missouri has 34 deaths

Arkansas has 14 deaths 

Iowa has 14 deaths 

Oh just that many deaths so far? Ok. Everything is fine then. Not like it can't spread quickly, like they say in the media, but don't listen to them, they are dopes. 

You go all out defending Trump and then criticize the media? What happened? Why is that? What is it you like about that idiot? 

I just see him as a clown who is way in over his head, you see him as great. I don't get it. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Biden wouldn't have closed the borders until at least a week later, if not longer.  We'd be ***** right now.

No one closed any borders, so stop it 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh just that many deaths so far? Ok. Everything is fine then. Not like it can't spread quickly, like they say in the media, but don't listen to them, they are dopes. 

You go all out defending Trump and then criticize the media? What happened? Why is that? What is it you like about that idiot? 

I just see him as a clown who is way in over his head, you see him as great. I don't get it. 

Yes, deaths so far.   FYI, I check that website out 10-20 a day.   They are showing a tiny upward trajectory.   They are still following the CDC guidelines.   A one size fits all approach is not needed for everyone.

lets check back in a week and see how they are doing.   But what they have been doing has been working out well, so far.

and yes, the media are run by a bunch of dishonest, loathsome destructive azzholes.   They have become a toxic force in our society.   I don’t trust them one bit

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yes, deaths so far.   FYI, I check that website out 10-20 a day.   They are showing a tiny upward trajectory.   They are still following the CDC guidelines.   A one size fits all approach is not needed for everyone.

lets check back in a week and see how they are doing.   But what they have been doing has been working out well, so far.

and yes, the media are run by a bunch of dishonest, loathsome destructive azzholes.   They have become a toxic force in our society.   I don’t trust them one bit

"The Media" is run by thousands of different people from all over the world. There is no one "Media" it is a diverse, multi level divided level of organizations. 

People hate the media because they are educated and the messengers. Everyone hates the messenger,  that's a fact as old as humanity. 

Deep pocket interests spend a lot of money discrediting the messenger and it works. It's when the "leaders" like Trump actually believe the propaganda they use that things get dangerous. The Japanese leaders believed the propaganda they told about us "soft" Americans when they decided to bomb Pearl Harbor. 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Magox said:

Missouri has 34 deaths

Arkansas has 14 deaths 

Iowa has 14 deaths 

Have a look at the places where it's worst, and tell me who runs those places.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Have a look at the places where it's worst, and tell me who runs those places.

I do not think this is a blue or red disease.

I'm tellin' ya, it is public transportation. Germ-mobiles. People are packed in like sardines hacking and sneezing on one another, the virus lives on metal, etc.  When this is finished, the numbers for high density, high public transportation, cooler weather,  age related, pre-existing conditions, etc. should yield very interesting results.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Magox said:

CA, FL and TX are also very telling.

• Like (+1) 1

Federalism people. The USA was divided into states based on common interest. Every state is somewhat or a lot different from other states. While certain states are not experiencing any real affects of the virus they should institute the hand washing and social distancing policies in order to protect not only their citizens, but those citizens from other states that they might come into contact with. Telling South Dakota people to hide in their homes and not go to work is asinine with such a low death rate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Speaking of borders do you still believe in a complete open border?  And if so what are your feelings on “free” healthcare for all? 

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

"The Media" is run by thousands of different people from all over the world. There is no one "Media" it is a diverse, multi level divided level of organizations. 

People hate the media because they are educated and the messengers. Everyone hates the messenger,  that's a fact as old as humanity. 

Deep pocket interests spend a lot of money discrediting the messenger and it works. It's when the "leaders" like Trump actually believe the propaganda they use that things get dangerous. The Japanese leaders believed the propaganda they told about us "soft" Americans when they decided to bomb Pearl Harbor. 

So you’re cool with Fox News?  Just checkin’. 

2 minutes ago, GG said:

CA, FL and TX are also very telling.

Exactly

For all the teeth gnashing from the national media over Ron Desantis, who btw was one of the earlier states to had community infections with logistical challenges of having tons of New Yorkers migrating to the state has had one of the best mortality rates per Capita in the country.  

I live in Florida, and I can tell you that 60% of the deaths/infections are in Dade and Broward county (south Florida) and they have been in lock down weeks.  And places like Tampa and Orlando were in lock down for a while as well.

Texas is almost an anomaly at this point.  The relative deaths per Capita in Texas is another test case that needs to be seriously looked at.

look at Sweden, they are the only country or one of the very few that are defying these national lock down measures and their mortality rates up to now have been low in comparison.  That could change but at the end of all this there will be countless studies on what was the best approach.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Exactly

For all the teeth gnashing from the national media over Ron Desantis, who btw was one of the earlier states to had community infections with logistical challenges of having tons of New Yorkers migrating to the state has had one of the best mortality rates per Capita in the country.  

I live in Florida, and I can tell you that 60% of the deaths/infections are in Dade and Broward county (south Florida) and they have been in lock down weeks.  And places like Tampa and Orlando were in lock down for a while as well.

Texas is almost an anomaly at this point.  The relative deaths per Capita in Texas is another test case that needs to be seriously looked at.

look at Sweden, they are the only country or one of the very few that are defying these national lock down measures and their mortality rates up to now have been low in comparison.  That could change but at the end of all this there will be countless studies on what was the best approach.

Climate, culture and custom play a huge, but underrated role in stemming the spread.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How did a media giant like NYT so badly miss the outcome of the Russia investigation?  Mega-access to insiders,no need to worry about reprisals as all sources are anonymous, yet they missed...everything.  

Incompetence or are they a dark site? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes they are educated and trained in the art in writing about things of which they have no expertise, have not researched, and in a manner that fits their corporate directive and ideology. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

But they’re LITERALLY killing Americans. Why do I think of her when people talk like that?

0F792919-1D6E-46CC-9BE1-BF4A3DA93C71.jpeg

Because, as a 17 y.o., she'd qualify as the adult in the room among the LW media in the U.S. ?

So what exactly is Joe Biden up to?  Campaigning in private?  Are he and Bernie both in hiding each hoping the other catches this virus?  Is the virus the only thing that can save the dem party from nominating either of them?  If Biden is the nominee is it validation that the dems have no bench beyond a couple very aged white guys?  

A SERIOUS PERSON WOULDN’T LIMIT HIMSELF TO A FRACTION OF THE PLAUSIBLE CANDIDATES: 

Evaluating the Biden Veepstakes:

“Before the coronavirus threat, Biden’s biggest decision was between a moderate choice who would shore up the party’s weaknesses in the Midwest or excite the base, or a more historic, progressive pick. Now his only consideration should be finding someone who is prepared to be president and is capable of demonstrating competence at a time of crisis.”

Biden should revoke his stupid promise to choose a woman. With Biden an obviously-declining 77 and a major public health crisis afoot, there is no good reason beyond insipid identity politics to limit oneself to the small pool of women who have the experience to competently take over the presidency on Day 1.

Our complicit media has consistently praised Biden for doing so, instead of questioning why an elderly presidential candidate should be dismissing eighty percent or so of the plausible candidates out-of-hand.

And if I were Biden, you know who would be looking intriguing to me right now? Bill Gates.

by David Bernstein

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Exactly

You might want to take a closer look at Sweden. Highest death rate in Scandinavia and about to radically change their measures.

Edited by CarpetCrawler

28 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

You might want to take a closer look at Sweden. Highest death rate in Scandinavia and about to radically change their measures.

I don’t think anyone is reasonably making the case that in the short-term if all things being equal that the countries doing these more drastic measures would limit less deaths than the countries that aren’t.

Thats not the argument or at least shouldn’t be.

The argument truly should be viewed on a cost/benefit prism.  Unfortunately, the media doesn’t allow that sort of a public debate to occur:

Sweden’s health minister believes that by applying social distancing guidelines but not this entire lock down would create a “herd immunity” strategy.  Not a rapid herd immunity that he believes would overwhelm the hospitals but one that over a period of time would net a similar level of deaths than the more draconian shut down approach with less dire economic consequences.    

in other words in the interim there would be more deaths but over a period of time the difference would be negligible.

As of right now they have about 400 deaths, Norway has about 170 and the other Nordic countries even less.

My guess is that their political will, will bend if not break and go to more severe shut down measures.