Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Is this all that different from what we did with Whaley?

Yes, actually. There were many indications prior to Whaley being let go that he was on his way out and was intentionally kept through the draft. The Jets move is a reaction to Gase and Mac having major problems with each other that's been reported for a couple months from hiring Gregg Williams, signing Bell, etc. Gase also was not present at the draft for the Jets which is..unusual.

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

His winning percentage is better than McDermott's and he's actually beat BB a few times.... so I don't really get all the criticism from Bills fans of him.

Because he failed in Miami, and our staff is finishing up building something. We don’t k ow if it’s going to work, but comparing win percentages is lazy and scottlaw-ish

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

Because he failed in Miami, and our staff is finishing up building something. We don’t k ow if it’s going to work, but comparing win percentages is lazy and scottlaw-ish

Yep. I mean...he completely seemed to lose the locker room in Miami. There were instances of him calling out his players publicly for lack of effort, there were players who left and were basically on their knees thanking God to be out of there. And this doesn't even make MENTION of the awful on-field product in Miami. His teams had absolutely no identity and were a real bore. And his "keen offensive mind"? Sure didn't help much. I will thoroughly enjoy watching him fail in Jersey just as he failed in Miami.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

You KNOW Bell is reading this somewhere thinking "He didn't want me, I'll show him!".  Seems like it should all go well...

Twitter war in 3, 2,...

HAHAHAHA was literally just thinking this!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Jets should’ve canned Bowles and Maccagnan after 2017 season.  Jets could’ve sat at pick 6 and got either Darnold or Allen instead of trading three 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots a month before the draft.  And now you have a new head coach whose not happy with the moves his GM made.  Stupid not to have removed Maccagnan once Gase was hired.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yep. I mean...he completely seemed to lose the locker room in Miami. There were instances of him calling out his players publicly for lack of effort, there were players who left and were basically on their knees thanking God to be out of there. And this doesn't even make MENTION of the awful on-field product in Miami. His teams had absolutely no identity and were a real bore. And his "keen offensive mind"? Sure didn't help much. I will thoroughly enjoy watching him fail in Jersey just as he failed in Miami.

jets fans have every right to be angry with that hire the same way bills fans had every right to be angry with the chan gailey hire, (you could throw jauron and ryan in there too).  i'm usually a wait and see guy, but i have a very strong feeling that gase is going to get torn apart in ny.  i certainly could be wrong.  if his tenure works out, it will be because darnold completely saved him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, actually. There were many indications prior to Whaley being let go that he was on his way out and was intentionally kept through the draft. The Jets move is a reaction to Gase and Mac having major problems with each other that's been reported for a couple months from hiring Gregg Williams, signing Bell, etc. Gase also was not present at the draft for the Jets which is..unusual.

And the bigger story isn’t that Mac was fired. It’s who they handed the power to, like he’s bill belichick or Pete carroll. McDermott doesn’t have control over the 53, Beane does. I highly doubt the new GM will take that back from Gase when he comes in. He had it in Miami and he now has it in NJ. That takes away the checks and balances that a guy with the ego of  Gase needs. Gase is reportedly the guy who screamed at his owner Stephen Ross when his offense was questioned in Miami and staff members had to intervene. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, teef said:

jets fans have every right to be angry with that hire the same way bills fans had every right to be angry with the chan gailey hire, (you could throw jauron and ryan in there too).  i'm usually a wait and see guy, but i have a very strong feeling that gase is going to get torn apart in ny.  i certainly could be wrong.  if his tenure works out, it will be because darnold completely saved him.

The AFC East incestual coach-swapping the past few years has been mind boggling. 

Rex Ryan gets fired from Jets for being a bumbling doofus, immediately gets hired by Buffalo...where he continues to be a bumbling doofus.

Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick get run out of Buffalo, the Jets bring both of them in to helm their offense.

Adam Gase flames out in Miami, so they bring him to New York and make him head coach AND GM.

Mike Tenanbaum gets fried from the Jets, gets hired to be a part of Miami's front office.

Meanwhile, the Pats are sitting back, laughing and counting rings.

You can't write this stuff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

The AFC East incestual coach-swapping the past few years has been mind boggling. 

Rex Ryan gets fired from Jets for being a bumbling doofus, immediately gets hired by Buffalo...where he continues to be a bumbling doofus.

Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick get run out of Buffalo, the Jets bring both of them in to helm their offense.

Adam Gase flames out in Miami, so they bring him to New York and make him head coach AND GM.

Mike Tenanbaum gets fried from the Jets, gets hired to be a part of Miami's front office.

having it spelled out like that is amazing.  not that the pats haven't been more talented than the rest of the afce, but my god did we make it easy for them.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I actually think Gase is a good coach, he doesnt care for pre-Madonnas.

Miami apparently didn't think he was so good.  We'll see. 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Jets should’ve canned Bowles and Maccagnan after 2017 season.  Jets could’ve sat at pick 6 and got either Darnold or Allen instead of trading three 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots a month before the draft.  And now you have a new head coach whose not happy with the moves his GM made.  Stupid not to have removed Maccagnan once Gase was hired.  

I don't know about that the Bills almost traded up with Denver in the actual draft.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just looked at the NYJ Staff and Coaches.  What's with all the Asst. Head Coaches.

The organizational chart seems pretty crazy.  Who is responsible for what?

Front office
Head coaches
  • Head Coach/Interim General Manager – Adam Gase
  • Assistant Head Coach/Offense/Wide Receivers – Shawn Jefferson
  • Assistant Head Coach/Defense/Inside Linebackers – Frank Bush
Offensive coaches

Defensive coaches
Special teams coaches
Strength and conditioning

So theirs an Owner then a Chairman/CEO then a President then a GM then a HC? That seems a little top heavy.

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Todd Bowles was Asst HC and Interim HC in Miami as well.

• Like (+1) 1