Entertainers That Died Young

So this is people whose legacy is inflated due to their young-ish death?

Cobain is an interesting one for this.  I'm a Nirvana fan, but I am not sure they would be capable of aging well and lasting as they were, and Cobain would have soon outgrown his live persona, lots of angst, screaming, etc.  

Maybe if the MTV Unplugged performance was an indication that Cobain as an artist could have matured and re-invented himself on the way?  IMO, Nirvana was probably not going to be long for this world anyways, and Cobain would need to branch out, either solo, or with a new group.

I think Tupac was also inflated a bit from his demise.  Out of his contemporaries, he didn't really do it for me.

18 hours ago, The Senator said:

Hank Williams

Glenn Gould

Dinu Lipatti

John Belushi

John Candy

Chris Farley

Phillip Seymore Hoffman

et al

Hank Williams is one of the greatest songwriters of all time. 

Another one I was thinking. What if Robert Johnson ever got a hold of an electric guitar. I had the same reaction that Keith Richards did the first time I heard him. "Hey. These guys are pretty good. Oh, that's one guy playing the guitar? Holy crap he's talented!" 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Hank Williams is one of the greatest songwriters of all time. 

Another one I was thinking. What if Robert Johnson ever got a hold of an electric guitar. I had the same reaction that Keith Richards did the first time I heard him. "Hey. These guys are pretty good. Oh, that's one guy playing the guitar? Holy crap he's talented!" 

Keith is one of my all time favs, as a rock ‘n’ roller, and as a character.

Self-acknowledgely, not one of the world’s finest guitarists, but, IMHO, one of the finest at what he does.

Also, very humble at acknowledging the great legends, including Robert Johnson and Hank Williams.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Andy Kaufman the founder of trolling.   Only 35.  Way ahead of his time in many regards. 

Kaufman was not funny, nor ahead of his time in any way, shape, or form.

He was, in fact, an obnoxious ignoramus who gave all Jewish persons a black eye.

Only thing he did right was die, and not soon enough.

JMO.

My favorite Kaufman video (NSFW)...

25 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Kaufman was not funny, nor ahead of his time in any way, shape, or form.

He was, in fact, an obnoxious ignoramus who gave all Jewish persons a black eye.

Only thing he did right was die, and not soon enough.

JMO.

My favorite Kaufman video (NSFW)...

Wherever he is right now, I bet he's saying ... "thank you veddy much."

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Wherever he is right now, I bet he's saying ... "thank you veddy much."

I have a conspiracy theory that will blow your mind based on a certain pompous billionaire real estate mogul who started gaining notoriety around the time of his death. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Freddie prinze jr.

7 hours ago, The Senator said:

Keith is one of my all time favs, as a rock ‘n’ roller, and as a character.

Self-acknowledgely, not one of the world’s finest guitarists, but, IMHO, one of the finest at what he does.

Also, very humble at acknowledging the great legends, including Robert Johnson and Hank Williams.

Keith is the ultimate rhythm player.

7 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I have a conspiracy theory that will blow your mind based on a certain pompous billionaire real estate mogul who started gaining notoriety around the time of his death. 

AND..................?