Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills hire two new scouts, including son of Alonzo Highsmith

Posted (edited)

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hear me out: here they are, they're hired.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

The more the merrier right?

are these the guys Mayock locked out :)

Wonder why Szabo left Carolina?   Looks like he just got promoted last summer and this looks like a lesser position.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wonder why Szabo left Carolina?   Looks like he just got promoted last summer and this looks like a lesser position.

its the natural progression -  Panthers then Bills :)

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

what are they hereing?  @YoloinOhio   LOL  

Area scouts ....  WNY high schools?  

College scouts are provided an area to cover, so they are called area scouts. Northeast, etc. 

The promoting from within and the constant search for new blood is fantastic. 

Once the wins start coming (I believe this year), Buffalo will be a destination of choice for players and administrative personnel (adding in the new facilities). 

The best is yet to come!

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

This will completely screw up my 2020-25 mock drafts, now I need to start over.

Image result for computer crash gif
Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 10

Posted (edited)

NFL Scout Contracts run through April. 

Looks like Dixon ran off to join Whaley 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Why the hell would a guy who is a pro scout in the NFL leave to take a job with the XFL?  If it's just money it seems pretty short-sighted.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

NFL Scout Contracts run through April. 

Looks like Dixon ran off to join Whaley 

I thought @The Senator said "the fabulous Mulbah" was the one going to the XFL.   I'm glad they were able to retain him and I am sure @TroutDog is at full mast over this!:thumbsup:

I figured Szabo must've got canned.  Probably was one of Beane's co-conspirators on the Bills 2017 draft class.:flirt:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I figured Szabo must've got canned.  Probably was one of Beane's co-conspirators on the Bills 2017 draft class.:flirt:

How dare you? It was just a big coincidence Badol that they had our first 3 picks in for visits and we didn't... and that since then you can pretty much track the Bills' draft picks by guys they have had in or otherwise met with!

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I thought @The Senator said "the fabulous Mulbah" was the one going to the XFL.   I'm glad they were able to retain him and I am sure @TroutDog is at full mast over this!:thumbsup:

Did I say Moolah?

My bad...I meant George ‘The Animal’ Steele...

0EDC1A91-C60B-47A4-BD42-5E4BBF8C9F2A.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This will completely screw up my 2020-25 mock drafts, now I need to start over.

Image result for computer crash gif

Well you were due to upgrade to a flat screen.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

College scouts are provided an area to cover, so they are called area scouts. Northeast, etc. 

I bet all the travel is a lot of fun at first but I bet it get old really quick...

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I bet all the travel is a lot of fun at first but I bet it get old really quick...

Yeah, and the pay isn’t great.  But you’re grinding hoping to get promoted. God it would be awesome to have a dad with NFL connections.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

How dare you? It was just a big coincidence Badol that they had our first 3 picks in for visits and we didn't... and that since then you can pretty much track the Bills' draft picks by guys they have had in or otherwise met with!

I wonder if the Panthers set a trap for Szabo with phony info on their interest in Cody Ford.  😂

Maybe Beanesy exposed him with that draft video.🔥

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Shouldn't they be thanking us for jumping ahead to draft Zay & Dawkins?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Shouldn't they be thanking us for jumping ahead to draft Zay & Dawkins?

Excerpt from Panther personnel meeting in February 2017:

"Just a thought here Dave......but you know you can never have TOO MANY good QB's.......what say we bring in Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes for visits JUST IN CASE one of them slips to our fourth round pick?  I mean we can't draft 30 players anyway, amirite?  Who's with me?  Ok, Mike see's it.  Anyone else? Nobody?  Really?  C'mon."

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, and the pay isn’t great.  But you’re grinding hoping to get promoted. God it would be awesome to have a dad with NFL connections.

Yeah i read about those quality control coaches working of 100 hour weeks for like 20K a year and i wonder why anyone would do it...I guess the answer is its sort of like a roght of passage that you have to go through to get to the high paying jobs...guess it weeds out people who dont truly love football...nobody is working those hours for crap pay otherwise

2 hours ago, eball said:

Why the hell would a guy who is a pro scout in the NFL leave to take a job with the XFL?  If it's just money it seems pretty short-sighted.

Perhaps more responsibilities also...might help him land a better job once he shows he already did that work somewhere

Edited by matter2003

59 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Excerpt from Panther personnel meeting in February 2017:

"Just a thought here Dave......but you know you can never have TOO MANY good QB's.......what say we bring in Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes for visits JUST IN CASE one of them slips to our fourth round pick?  I mean we can't draft 30 players anyway, amirite?  Who's with me?  Ok, Mike see's it.  Anyone else? Nobody?  Really?  C'mon."

Response: "Nah Brandon, chill, while everyone else loses their ***** and reaches for these kids like Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky, Mayfield, Allen and Darnold I am gonna wait it out. There is a freshman at Duke who has teabagged Peyton Manning and can throw it like 6 yards downfield I have got me eye on.... just you watch....."

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Response: "Nah Brandon, chill, while everyone else loses their ***** and reaches for these kids like Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky, Mayfield, Allen and Darnold I am gonna wait it out. There is a freshman at Duke who has teabagged Peyton Manning and can throw it like 6 yards downfield I have got me eye on.... just you watch....."

The tea-bagging aspect is what put Gettlenutz into full blown love.   It's one thing all the greats can do.    You didn't want to pass out drunk at one of Kelly's post-game parties back in the day.    T-bagged or Talley-whacked.

• Haha (+1) 1

Sign in to follow this