So What Is "Bills Culture" To You

First of all props to Corta for a great post. Every post I've read so far is perfect in different ways. It's about family,  comraderie, passion. A pure fellowship of the brethren who I've seen throughout the country.  We follow them thru good and bad because we're "locked in" for life. We work hard and never give up. I've been a crazed Bills fan from LA for over 50 years. Wouldn't have it any other way. 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The table-slamming, ass-crack beer drinking idiots are certainly in the minority.

Kind of like the asshats that spray a old man with mustard and ketchup from the top of a old 80's van? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The table-slamming, ass-crack beer drinking idiots are certainly in the minority.

I mean...she did have a hot ass...I would have drank beer outta that crack. lol

• Like (+1) 1

....it's a tough call....just an unsubstantiated guess, but maybe the national media spotlight on the table diving stuff was NOT the image Kim wanted to portray....so she advocates clamping down a bit on public decorum WITHOUT destroying well known "Bills fandemonium ( RIP Van)" ............

Losing with pride! I'd love to see that change, but it's been our culture for a LONG time. 

I like it when someone asks why I'm a Bills fan. That's my team. It's very simple. When they win, it's going to mean a h*ll of a lot more to me than when the (Warriors/Patriots/Yankees) or whoever you currently root for wins. Of course there are real Warriors/Pats/Yankees fans, but you get the gist. 

I think that speaks to the "culture." Through all the misery, Bills fans persist. The sense of "loyalty" is real. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bills_fan said:

I mean...she did have a hot ass...I would have drank beer outta that crack. lol

Well ... yeah, of course!  But not at a tailgate!

On 5/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, oldmanfan said:

I think you want fan culture vs. Bills culture.  Bills fans are defined by faith and passion.  Bills fans have faith that this year is the year, every year, never mind what others say.  No fan base is more passionate; Bills fans proudly wear their Bills gear wherever they are.  They come out in any weather, under any circumstances to support their team, in opposing stadiums or not.  That passion is sometimes shown in extreme ways such as table diving.  But passion and faith, even after 17 years with no playoffs.  That's the basis of the culture.

so many years without being on top of the League and WE still get excited on a game day for the Bills.

The McDermott culture is players who are passionate about football, and manifest that passion as discipline to engage in a dedicated process to improve their individual play and support their teammates.

I remember very  vividly...like yesterday when I worked security years ago. My fellow guards and I were not allowed to have TV's at work. We used to huddle around a little tv and watch Bills games at the main gate...it was freezing cold, but the spirit was there. After work there was a local bar just screaming Bills! It was contagious.

Get wasted, jump through tables, squirt ketchup and mustard on a guy, eat good food, etc.  All good with me.

I'm not a fan of fighting... But that's certainly not a Buffalo-only thing.

I did watch a guy dump gas onto a table and light it on fire before others jumped on the flaming table (he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth).  That's just plain dumb.  I walked away from that scene.