Buffalo Bills Confirmed UDFA Signing. (2 Left)

MAJBobby

41 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Just throwing this out there...

I wonder if Tyree would have potential switching to TE.  A very intriguing prospect no matter what but it would seem a bit odd to have two developmental QBs on the team.

In 2017 Tyree injured his knee running the ball. In 2018 he looked hesitant to take off running. Was he coached not to run out was he skittish from the injury? I don't know. If it's the latter would that affect his ability to play TE?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hmm, ok, will keep an eye on that.

I personally think (hope) Josh can and will develop that talent over the next couple of years as he grows into being a pro franchise QB.

I think he could......he's a rare athlete with no limitations in his delivery, IMO....but it's critical nowadays that young QB's first become successful with the plays they can already make at the NFL level.  

That's why teams like the Chiefs, Rams, Eagles and Bears went far out of their way to help young QB's with WR talent that propped up those players.

First "build up" the young QB with confidence and success doing things he CAN do........and then gradually refine his game to add aspects that weren't there initially.........and ultimately hope he becomes the type of QB who MAKES his WR's look great.    

IMO It's important to remember that these are young men who get rich quick and they have the freedom to turn their back on things that aren't inspiring them.    Propping them up gets them excited about taking the project to the next level.   

I don't think the Bills are quite as "all in" as those highly successful QB build-up teams were.     Job #1 of any regime is to make your QB play better.    But I do think they are getting the right "type" of WR's at least.............separation and high point guys.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think he could......he's a rare athlete with no limitations in his delivery, IMO....but it's critical nowadays that young QB's first become successful with the plays they can already make at the NFL level.  

That's why teams like the Chiefs, Rams, Eagles and Bears went far out of their way to help young QB's with WR talent that propped up those players.

First "build up" the young QB with confidence and success doing things he CAN do........and then gradually refine his game to add aspects that weren't there initially.........and ultimately hope he becomes the type of QB who MAKES his WR's look great.    

IMO It's important to remember that these are young men who get rich quick and they have the freedom to turn their back on things that aren't inspiring them.    Propping them up gets them excited about taking the project to the next level.   

I don't think the Bills are quite as "all in" as those highly successful QB build-up teams were.     Job #1 of any regime is to make your QB play better.    But I do think they are getting the right "type" of WR's at least.............separation and high point guys.

...not sure if that should be a definitive statement versus "let's wait and see".....certainly FA acquisitions and draft picks are "all on unproven paper" as of now, but it is a bit disingenuous to deny that McBeane and company have not made a supreme effort to improve the talent around Allen IMO....he cannot do it all , similar to last year if you want him to be your long term franchise QB versus a quick exit on a gurney......

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

On the occasions he isn't dropping the ball, mishandling snaps on FGs or line driving 60 yard punts so the returner goes  20 yards before he is even touched, yes. 

Remember when the board called this a "Gutsy", "Big Balled" move to thwart BB from "stashing" this guy on the PS? And how this "lefty" would provide a ball rotation that would "mess with" returners?

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Looks to play more like a safety.  

Yeah, I see that in his game.   But he only runs a 4.77 forty, so I'm not sure he could switch positions.  He might be a good fit in some rover / specialty packages, and for sure ST. 

Still, he looks like another one of the plays-faster-than-he-times guys (due his recognition skills) that McBeane love so much.  Interesting guy, for sure... 

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure if that should be a definitive statement versus "let's wait and see".....certainly FA acquisitions and draft picks are "all on unproven paper" as of now, but it is a bit disingenuous to deny that McBeane and company have not made a supreme effort to improve the talent around Allen IMO....he cannot do it all , similar to last year if you want him to be your long term franchise QB versus a quick exit on a gurney......

"Supreme" means "superior to all others"...........and its not superior to the efforts made by those other teams.    

For instance.........the Rams added Woods, Kupp and Watkins for Goff year 2...........the pedigree of those additions blows the Bills efforts out of the water.     

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Sills will have to beat out Duke for one of those two spots.

I'm in love with Sills and think he has a real chance  (I hope that's not a kiss of death endorsement...Doh!).

This kid is one of the most impressive packages of brains and "maximizing-what-talent-I-have" that I've seen in many years.   His production speaks for itself.   But what really gives me tingles is how smart/mature he is.   As Belichick likes to show, brainpower and mental agility can take a WR a long way in this league.

This interview is the best I've ever seen by a 22-year old college prospect:    http://wvmetronews.com/2019/04/02/three-guys-before-the-game-sills-uphorns-down-episode-106/

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

"Supreme" means "superior to all others"...........and its not superior to the efforts made by those other teams.    

For instance.........the Rams added Woods, Kupp and Watkins for Goff year 2...........the pedigree of those additions blows the Bills efforts out of the water.     

They got Watkins very late... there is still time but like Beane has stated they don’t seem to value a number 1 receiver they want to spread the targets around.  I honestly believe they are holding out for the loaded class next year where they are pretty much guaranteed to get a great prospect no matter  where we end up. 

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm in love with Sills and think he has a real chance  (I hope that's not a kiss of death endorsement...Doh!).

This kid is one of the most impressive packages of brains and "maximizing-what-talent-I-have" that I've seen in many years.   His production speaks for itself.   But what really gives me tingles is how smart/mature he is.   As Belichick likes to show, brainpower and mental agility can take a WR a long way in this league.

This interview is the best I've ever seen by a 22-year old college prospect:    http://wvmetronews.com/2019/04/02/three-guys-before-the-game-sills-uphorns-down-episode-106/

I like the potential of both of them. I hope one stays and the other is on the PS. I see little need for Zay.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

...and where did I us the word "supreme"?.....besides that is an alleged objective analysis usually tainted by subjectivity..."supreme" translates into "above all else" and you're way off base categorizing me as such....sorry, but I'm NOT a "Jim Jones Kool-Aid Drinker (they are ALL DEAD)"......your prerogative is to be pretty negative about this regime in general and I'm fine with that....differing yet respected opinions are how this place is supposed to work.....me for one is cautiously optimistic and I like the current path McBeane, McDermott and company are on even if we differ...

Martin Nance

Da'Rick Rogers

Brandon Reilly

And now David Sills

The love affair with UDFA's is so comical.

All the while the Bills have a REAL UDDA WR who worked his butt to make the team (Robert Foster) and you hear crickets with Foster. Foster is light years more talented than any of these guys and yet everyone wants to replace him.

Nice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Martin Nance

Da'Rick Rogers

Brandon Reilly

And now David Sills

All the while the Bills have a REAL UDDA WR who worked his butt to make the team (Robert Foster) and you hear crickets with Foster. Foster is light years more talented than any of these guys and yet everyone wants to replace him.

Nice.

Who wants to replace Foster!?

I think most are in wait and see mode with him.  Can he come out the gate and replicate his strong finish to 2018?  If so, that dude has #1 WR potential. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Who wants to replace Foster!?

I think most are in wait and see mode with him.  Can he come out the gate and replicate his strong finish to 2018?  If so, that dude has #1 WR potential. 

We will see with Sills.

I will give this staff credit for last year's UDFA signings, as four of them (Boettger, Love, Foster, Wallace) look like real good finds. FOUR OF THEM IN ONE UDFA PERIOD. Fantastic.

Foster has obvious talent when you watch him play.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Martin Nance

Da'Rick Rogers

Brandon Reilly

And now David Sills

Nice.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself but I'd like to supplement Foster not supplant.  Zay Jones on the other hand, hopefully nothing tragic happens when he''s cut. 

17 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

It would be great if Sills is this year’s Foster. Nothing better than finding legit UDFA’s who can actually contribute on the field.

I don't care if they're FA's or 3rd rounders. Just find me 5 guys who can catch a ball coming in at 65mph. 5 guys who can stay healthy and make plays.

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Martin Nance

Da'Rick Rogers

Brandon Reilly

And now David Sills

Nice.

I think most people want to replace Zay Jones and improve the bottom of the depth chart. Pretty much everyone is penciling in Foster, Brown and Beasley as the main guys. Though, Foster is going to have to step up with more competition around. The rest is competition and Sills seems like a good option to make it. He and Duke Williams are the only guys who can offer any size. Sills was a highly productive player and he has a strong chance to make it. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Remember when the board called this a "Gutsy", "Big Balled" move to thwart BB from "stashing" this guy on the PS? And how this "lefty" would provide a ball rotation that would "mess with" returners?

People on here still love him. He has a huge leg but what is the use if you are a walking disaster zone?