Buffalo Bills Confirmed UDFA Signing. (2 Left)

MAJBobby

38 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

i am not writing of anyone just yet. surely not Jones.

but i do have my favorites : )

McDs talk like they think fluidly about future state , contracts and managing potential upgrades. so far this year  since FA forward i can get a handle on the method.

Whaley was trying to win now after Hix left.
as mentioned McD are trying to join the weekly Win column , long term and consistently

Many on this thread are saying Jones is gone.  Not so sure.  I love the new mind set.  Focus on the now and the future.  That vision has been lacking prior to their arrival.

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Maybe. Or maybe he continues to develop, along with Josh, and our entire offensive system, and turns into a decent #2 WR.

Either way, still not going to trade him for a 4th right now as others have suggested.

He has the 2019 season to make or break.  Maybe he turns things around in his 3rd season like Eric Moulds did, but until he does, I don't think anyone is counting on him to be a long term answer. I'm sure all Bills fans would love to see him have that Moulds-like turnaround and play like the guy they expected when he was drafted. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

:thumbsup:?

I had to disengage. Ive seen that type before. Theyre on the path to the ignore list.

Please, allow me. I have this thingamabob that can put him on everyone’s ‘ignore’. Happy to help!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I disagree, McKenzie has much better initial explosiveness, short area quickness, agility and make you miss.  

What about trying McKenzie out in a Kamara type role? We've already seen his effectiveness on jet sweeps. He's got the initial burst you like to see out of the backfield. Sort of a long term idea considering Singletary's primary deficiency appears to be as a receiver.

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Go back and read your introductory 94 posts, then come back and answer your own question.

I have, and I just read the hard rules and soft rules.

I don't see the rule I broke, and I didn't even swear.

I said it does not make sense that Gore would no longer be with the team after training camp considering how all the staff and media are building hype for our new RB. 

I also added he had more yards than any other back we had last season. How is that against the rules?

I would rather discuss this via DM, yet my account wouldn't let me DM you.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

People say that, but the last 5 games of the season (those both Allen and Zay played post-JA injury) he was averaging 52 ypg whilst pretty much drawing the #1 cover guy. Those aren't #1 Star numbers, but then neither were the  32 attempts per game and 216 ypg Allen threw during those games Star QB numbers.

52 ypg would be a 832 yard season with similar production over 16 games.  That would be a solid WR contribution.

How's about we keep a guy who has actually shown he can do something in the NFL, just at the point where maybe he's developing and might become better? 

Or maybe we can trade him to the Rams, they might need a guy to fill in for Kupp, and they've had great luck with developing the Bills former 2nd round WR picks.

Because forget stats. He got balls thrown to him because there was no one else besides Foster. He doesn't run great routes, he often bobbles it when he catches it, he drops more than his share, he rarely gets YAC, he rarely knows where he is on the field with regards to the first down marker, he never breaks tackles, he is often lost near the sideline, he doesn't track the ball in the air well, he doesn't fight for the ball or win 50-50 battles, he doesn't jump for the ball well (he does gown down to the ground all the time though), he doesn't get deep well despite good speed, and rarely makes clutch plays. A lot of those stats, as posters have documented, were in garbage time. 

Other than that, he is the complete WR.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What about trying McKenzie out in a Kamara type role? We've already seen his effectiveness on jet sweeps. He's got the initial burst you like to see out of the backfield. Sort of a long term idea considering Singletary's primary deficiency appears to be as a receiver.

I think he’ll be doing just that.....on a much smaller scale.

i don’t think singletary has a deficiency as a receiver.  I just don’t think they used him very much in that capacity his last year

Just now, NewEra said:

I think he’ll be doing just that.....on a much smaller scale.

i don’t think singletary has a deficiency as a receiver.  I just don’t think they used him very much in that capacity his last year

His shiftiness and insanely quick feet, out in the flat or just on swing passes, in order to make one guy miss, seems a no brainer.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

His shiftiness and insanely quick feet, out in the flat or just on swing passes, in order to make one guy miss, seems a no brainer.

Agreed.  I’m confidant that he’ll be used in the passing game. Get him more accustomed to it and he’ll be just fine.  His “make you miss” is unreal.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not to mention that I think he has had one fumble every 190 carries, so he doesn't have problems with his hands. There is no way he cannot catch short passes out of the backfield.

While I wasn’t a big fan of this RB class, I can get behind this kid. Like Beane said “he’s the funnest player I’ve watched all year”.....and it’s not really close.  He’s so fun

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not to mention that I think he has had one fumble every 190 carries, so he doesn't have problems with his hands. There is no way he cannot catch short passes out of the backfield.

I would hope so.  He will be needed as an outlet at least 2-3 times a game.  Assuming he is on the field that much on passing plays.

1 hour ago, c-troop said:

I have, and I just read the hard rules and soft rules.

I don't see the rule I broke, and I didn't even swear.

I said it does not make sense that Gore would no longer be with the team after training camp considering how all the staff and media are building hype for our new RB. 

I also added he had more yards than any other back we had last season. How is that against the rules?

I would rather discuss this via DM, yet my account wouldn't let me DM you.

Hmmm.. Ok, Just tone down the hardazz rhetoric and maybe you’ll be fine. No reason for private convo. You’re one of many thousands of Bills fans to tune in everyday and have for many years. Since you don’t seem to understand, let this be your motto: NOBODY respects a badazz noob with a chip on their shoulder. 

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hmmm.. Ok, Just tone down the hardazz rhetoric and maybe you’ll be fine. No reason for private convo. You’re one of many thousands of Bills fans to tune in everyday and have for many years. Since you don’t seem to understand, let this be your motto: NOBODY respects a badazz noob with a chip on their shoulder. 

alright

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting ‘statement’ we’re making with this thread. With 30k hits, it’s 2nd only to Ed Oliver’s 1st Round gift thread with 40k+.

Not sure what the message is, but it speaks to all of us.

Blue collar?

Support the underdog?

Not happy with the Draft haul?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Interesting ‘statement’ we’re making with this thread. With 30k hits, it’s 2nd only to Ed O’neal’s 1sr Round gift thread with 40k+.

Not sure what the message is, but it speaks to all of us.

Blue collar?

Support the underdog?

Not happy with the Draft haul?

I think most folks are pretty happy with the draft, though wr is an issue for some. Sills and Easley speak to that. Also, last yr we had two UDFAs make an impact, so more attention maybe?

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 2