Who to draft on Day 2

Just now, OJ Tom said:

As much as I want them to improve the offense, the value might still be on the defensive side. Like, they might be able to get a WR in the 3rd that is ranked similar to a guy they would take at 40. 

I would like to lean offense tonight but if Greedy is there at #40 I'm picking him. Equally I'd have a hard time passing on Jaylon Ferguson. I love that kid. 

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

That is because he was. 

• Like (+1) 1

1- Cards take O-line most likely Cody Ford or J.Taylor

2- Colts take a corner most likely Byron Murphy or Greedy Williams 

3- Raiders take a corner either Murphy or Williams with an outside possibility of Rock Ya

4- Niners go with a WR I could see DK here or another one of the top players on the board going here. 

5- Seattle I think goes with O-line Cody Ford or J.Taylor and an outside shot of McCoy the center going there. 

6- Jags go WR they need a lot of help here, I could see DK or Brown or another WR here. I wouldn’t rule out Smith the TE here either. 

7- Tampa goes with a corner, between Murphy, Williams, or Rock Ya whichever one is not take by the Colts and Raiders. 

8- If DK is here I think the Bills go DK. I could also see Byron Murphy if he somehow falls but I doubt he is here. I think if DK and Byron aren’t there they go with the best O-line player or Smith at TE if they don’t like the O-line players available. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I would like to lean offense tonight but if Greedy is there at #40 I'm picking him. Equally I'd have a hard time passing on Jaylon Ferguson. I love that kid. 

taylor is a no.

Greedy ? McD wants him a guy opposite White long term and can bend Beanes ear pretty well i bet : )
 but heck he has Oliver now !
i agree about building offense, but not surprised the next pick is defense cuz bpa

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be disappointed if they took Greedy, I just don't think DB is a big need right this season (I expect him to be gone anyway), but I had Ferguson in mind when I posted. Depending who is taken above them, I could see them taking Fergusion, and trying very hard to get another 2nd to select one of the WR's.

Just now, OJ Tom said:

I'd be disappointed if they took Greedy, I just don't think DB is a big need right this season (I expect him to be gone anyway), but I had Ferguson in mind when I posted. Depending who is taken above them, I could see them taking Fergusion, and trying very hard to get another 2nd to select one of the WR's.

I don't think it is a big need either. But he is sticking out as the BPA on my board. 

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

As much as I want them to improve the offense, the value might still be on the defensive side. Like, they might be able to get a WR in the 3rd that is ranked similar to a guy they would take at 40. 

Good points, I mean we have so much flexibility right now , it's pretty unbelievable. They'll definitely go BPA but I'd also like to add to the defense and make it super elite , though I don't see many starting spots available besides Left End I'm guessing. But still , adding a good-great player on D never hurt anybody , even if he's a backup or used in sub packages . Great depth is imperative in making a legit playoff run.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

We're not just drafting for this year. To me OL Ford or TE Smith could be best short/long term fit.

• Like (+1) 1

There is the 4th BPA by my board gone. 

Just now, Pete said:

I prefer Murphy

In fairness Murphy might be a better Bills scheme fit (not that it matters now). But the main thing I want my cornerback to do is cover 1 on 1. Greedy is the best cover corner in this draft. 

10 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I do like AJ Brown- liked what I saw in the games that I watched - smooth and strong and competitive.  Most write ups that I’ve seen suggest he is best in the slot - does that conflict with Beasley?

They sort of have the same positional value, but AJ can do what JuJu does.  Middle of the field might get a little crowded tho, so idk.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it is a big need either. But he is sticking out as the BPA on my board. 

I agree on Greedy but we're so stacked at CB. Levi and Taron are great talents imo. I could see both turning into pro bowlers. EJ and Kevin Johnson are very good if they can stay healthy . So we have 5 CB who are legit and we're paying peanuts for them. Unless Greedy is on another level on their board I don't see them going CB

30 minutes ago, quincy said:

I guess all depends whether Daboll wants to vouch for Smith Jr, he is young and from a big school.

There are no Jimmy Graham''s/Gronkowski's in this draft in terms of height/weight (6 foot 7, 265lbs) - only day 3 guys like Trevon Wesco and Zach Gentry.

Staying at 40, there will be player who unexpectedly slipped out of round 1 available to us. There are 5 to 8 players who I thought were round 1 locks e.g. Ford, DK etc.  

How about the other Oliver in this draft.

Josh Oliver.

6'5" and change. Runs a 4.6 40, had the largest hands out of the class, graded very well in all the combine drills. Excellent receiver with surprisingly good blocking fundamentals but lacks strength.

I believe I read that he had some basketball and snow boarding background and thought those translate well to a TE having good to excellent balance and being able to track and highpoint the ball.

The knock on Oliver is he came out if a smaller program at San Jose St. and will need some NFL level coaching up to get stronger and refine his game. He was their program's go-to guy and a man amongst boys which is what you look for in weaker conferences and teams.

There are a few more TE prospects that I will be alright with the Bills taking, but that's my TE pick for the Bills.

I can't shake the feeling that the Pats will take him before the 4th with one of the 5 picks they have in the 2nd and 3rd round.

:(

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

How about the other Oliver in this draft.

Josh Oliver.

6'5" and change. Runs a 4.6 40, had the largest hands out of the class, graded very well in all the combine drills. Excellent receiver with surprisingly good blocking fundamentals but lacks strength.

I believe I read that he had some basketball and snow boarding background and thought those translate well to a TE having good to excellent balance and being able to track and highpoint the ball.

The knock on Oliver is he came out if a smaller program at San Jose St. and will need some NFL level coaching up to get stronger and refine his game. He was their program's go-to guy and a man amongst boys which is what you look for in weaker conferences and teams.

There are a few more TE prospects that I will be alright with the Bills taking, but that's my TE pick for the Bills.

I can't shake the feeling that the Pats will take him before the 4th with one of the 5 picks they have in the 2nd and 3rd round.

:(

He is my next highest ranked TE.... I love him. Think he has the highest upside of any TE in this draft. He is now into my top 15 BPAs remaining. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColeB said:

Metcalf may be taken by Arizona or SF but AJ Brown could be available and I like him better, even though he may not have great speed. Availability, dependability and productivity.

I also prefer AJ Brown to the workout warrior.