Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

Too bad JR couldn’t have foreseen the trade, and been part of the ‘AFC East QB Challenge’ a few weeks back.  He could have been there berating all the ‘lesser’ talent, then got up there and launched one of those 40 yard ‘worm burners’.  (If he needs help with that shot, I’m an expert...) 

The closest thing to Rosen was in 1990.  In 1989 Dallas drafted Troy Aikman in the regular draft & used another 1st rounder on Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft.  After 3 games in the 1990 season with Aikman #1 on the depth chart, Walsh was traded to New Orleans.  The difference was Walsh was traded for a #1 & #3 in 1991 & a 2nd in 1992.   This shows either how badly Arizona handled things or how much Rosen's stock dropped once the other teams saw him play vs NFL caliber talent.   

29 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

A pretty good read with the details of Rosen trade, quotes from Rosen-

Good read. Thanks for sharing. 

IMO It really highlights what an absolutely terrible job Steve Keim did in handing the Rosen trade situation. He couldn’t have tanked his value much more than he did.

I honestly don’t understand why Keim waited until they were basically on the clock to start trying to trade Rosen. Was he truly undecided on drafting Kyler Murray until minutes before the pick, or what? I can’t think of any other reason, unless he’s really just that stupid (which seems plausible...lol)

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

IMO It really highlights what an absolutely terrible job Steve Keim did in handing the Rosen trade situation. He couldn’t have tanked his value much more than he did.

I honestly don’t understand why Keim waited until they were basically on the clock to start trying to trade Rosen. Was he truly undecided on drafting Kyler Murray until minutes before the pick, or what? I can’t think of any other reason, unless he’s really just that stupid (which seems plausible...lol)

I agree... AZ really botched this one in an unbelievable way.  Dolphins benefit with a great deal, I am just glad that he didn't go to Patriots.  I am still glad we didn't take Rosen over Allen in hindsight (I wanted Rosen) but I expect Rosen to be a solid starter.  Looks like in a few years the Patriots will be the only team in the AFC East looking for their starting QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

The quote that sticks out to me:

"I think some people take this chance for granted and think it will last forever," Rosen continues.  "I got a little newsflash after Year One:  You've really got to give it absolutely everything you've got every day, because this game is fleeting."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Keim is a clown. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Solid move by the Fins. Might be some good AFCE battles for many years to come between Allen, Darnold, and Rosen.

I'd like them all to succeed, the Bills will just need to be the better team. It makes division games fun again, it also will lead to real rivalries.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:48 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I do agree that Fitz is a good vet to have ahead of him.  

But a horrible QB to have behind him. Many young QBs have fallen to the Curse of Fitz!

The  cycle goes like this: The time hires Fitz as a backup. The starter goes down, or is suspended. Fitz comes in and balls out for a few games. QB controversy erupts. Fitz banks in all possible goodwill and then regresses.

I love the man and his time here, but it has happened so often it's scary.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Keim is a clown. 

One year as a player for Miami.

One year as a player for Edmonton (CFL).

14 years in the Cardinals’ organization.

‘F*** up, move up’?

There are undoubtedly many factions pulling in many directions in an NFL front office, but the only thing missing from this bunch is Richie Kotite.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, One Buffalo said:

A pretty good read with the details of Rosen trade, quotes from Rosen-

What a terrible dude.  I heard he also wanted to play in recycled plastic shoes because he cares about the environment.  What a d bag.  

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But a horrible QB to have behind him. Many young QBs have fallen to the Curse of Fitz!

The  cycle goes like this: The time hires Fitz as a backup. The starter goes down, or is suspended. Fitz comes in and balls out for a few games. QB controversy erupts. Fitz banks in all possible goodwill and then regresses.

I love the man and his time here, but it has happened so often it's scary.

Yeah, the Fitz curse is very real.