Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
corta765

Schedule Analysis

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I hope we beat Dallas to a pulp on Thanksgiving

Edited by RiotAct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wk 1 at NYJ - (Great early test, Allen and Darnold seem to be pretty good friends and both competitive) Jets will have good running game, but so should we. 50/50

Wk 2 at NYG - (I just don't see how they've improved this offseason)  I see a 75/25 chance for a Win

Wk 3 Cincy home opener - (Fired up fans, weakened defense, coaching overhaul) 80/20 for the Win

Wk 4 NE - (Pats are Pats, but this year smells different, but until I see evidence)  40/60 probably a loss

Wk 5 at TEN - (Who's going to be the QB, Henry with no star receivers) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 6 BYE - (10th week in from start of preseason, good place for a bye)

Wk 7 Miami - (Miami at the start of the season is nothing on paper, we should know who they are by this point) 75/25 for Win

Wk 8 Philly - (With no quality backup anymore, will Wentz be healthy?) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 9 WSH - (Who's the QB?  Nothing scars me about this team on either side of the ball) 80/20 for the Win

Wk 10 at CLE - (Mayfield's hold on the team of divas will be very clear at this point, if they're winning they will be tough, if not?)  50/50

Wk 11 at MIA - (I think they'll be improved, but I also think the Bills at this point have some momentum, possible trap game) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 12 DEN - (Nothing really to say about Denver haven't been paying attention to their offseason)  @home 70/30 for the Win

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day - (Team is built very similar to the Bills on TG Day toss up) 50/50

Wk 14 BAL - (Teams and the league will have Jackson figured out by now, Harbaugh realizes they made a big mistake letting Flacco go) 70/30 for the Win

Wk 15 at PIT - (Ju Ju, Rothlisberger, depends on their record but not scared, what they do well on offense, we counter well with defense) 50/50

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game - (who knows, but I fully expect either the Jets or the Bills to be in the hunt) 50/50

Wk 17 NYJ - (Again, Jets have a brutal start to their season, where will they be at this point, I'm guessing in the hunt) 60/40 we're at home looking to go to the dance.

 

I see 10 wins and 1 sure loss, and  5 toss ups.  Even if I take into account that I'm not being as conservative as I should be, I'm not far off.  Even if we lose some of those projected wins, we can make up for it with wins in some of the toss ups.  I still see no reason we can't be a 10 win team at a minimum.  All about momentum, and if we can get some early, which I fully expect, then we as fans are going to enjoy this season.  Regardless, the Bills are not the laughing stock of the league this year.  No team is marking us on their calendar as an automatic W.

 

 

Tim- 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

 

 

Question to this board - is it possible (or advisable) to drink lots of beer AFTER a huge Thanksgiving dinner while watching the Bills? 

 

Also is any one going to watch the game WHILE eating dinner.  And with the NFL's short halftime breaks would it be possible to finish the feast up during halftime? 

I'm strongly confident wherever I spend thanksgiving, will have dinner early. Its not like my family or In-laws will be oblivious to the Bills being on TV, and I won't be the only one who wants to watch it. Also, I usually drink lots of beer after a huge thanksgiving dinner, not sure why the bills being on TV will make a difference!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty decent this year. Finally glad for a block of early-ish home games and not 3 home games in December (again). SOS is not predictive year-to-year so not going to speculate on wins/losses, I just hope they get off to a good start because they have to open away/away.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I doubt it b.c the Browns should be bad, hopefully.

The Browns will be decent. NFL loves stories like two young future faces of the league going head to head...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 1 at NYJ

 

I see this as two up-and-coming teams with young franchise QBs, ready to take the next step forward. 

I'm curious to see what happens in the draft, and how Josh Allen/Sam Darnold progress during training camp and preseason.

It's a real toss-up.  But right now, I prefer our overall roster and the fact we have an established coaching staff.

1-0

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 2 at NYG

 

It's strange to play two back-to-back road games in the same stadium.  And in both cases, we are a couple hours from Buffalo.

In my opinion, the Giants have one of the worst teams in the NFL.  And that was before losing their star WR.

Failing to draft Eli Manning's replacement would be a huge mistake for the second year in a row.

2-0

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

 

Despite the strong start last year, I don't think the Bengals are very good.  It's really time for them to rebuild and start over.

It will be interesting to see if they draft Andy Dalton's replacement next week, or if they are content with another mediocre season.

Either way, we win the home opener.

3-0

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 4 NE

 

One of these days, the tide will turn against the Patriots.  Hopefully it happens this season.

New England also has a history of starting slow in the first month of the season.

But until their collapse actually happens before my eyes, I just can't pick us to win.

3-1

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 5 at TEN

 

The Titans are a solid team, which has finished 9-7 three years in a row.

Before the season is over, I also think Marcus Mariota will prove to be a failed pick.

In a really close matchup, I'm picking the home team.

3-2

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

 

The Dolphins are not tanking.  But they also aren't very good.

Maybe we get Fitzpatrick.  But it's highly possible they are starting a rookie QB by this point of the season.

We win this one in a blowout.

4-2

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 8 Philly

 

Philadelphia isn't the powerhouse that some people think they are. 

We are going to be heavy underdogs, but I still like our chances to pull out an upset here. 

I'll say Eagles in a close one.

4-3

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 9 WSH

 

The Redskins are another team who could be starting a rookie QB.

Their overall roster is below average.

I see this one as a potential blowout for us at home.

5-3

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 10 at CLE

 

I think it's crazy how the Browns became media darlings, almost overnight.  The idea they are suddenly an AFC favorite is a joke.

With that said, Baker Mayfield does look to be a good one.

This will be a very close matchup (similar to the Jets), so I'm giving it to the home team.

5-4

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 11 at MIA

 

Our second matchup against what is possibly the NFL's worst team.

6-4

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 12 DEN

 

Strong defense.  Terrible offense.  Another team with a possible rookie QB under center.

I think we win this one at home.

7-4

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

 

We don't do well on a national stage.  And this may be our toughest road matchup.

7-5

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 14 BAL

 

I don't think Lamar Jackson develops into what the Ravens are hoping this year.

8-5

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 15 at PIT

 

A road game against Pittsburgh used to be an automatic loss.

But now I see a team with an aging QB, a depleted roster and an absolute mess in the locker room. 

My bold prediction is the Steelers are drafting Top 5 next season.

9-5

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

 

Will this game be for the AFC East title?  It's possible.

9-6

 

12 hours ago, corta765 said:

Wk 17 NYJ

 

I think we wrap up a playoff spot by beating the Jets at home.

10-6

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Wk 11 at MIA - (I think they'll be improved, but I also think the Bills at this point have some momentum, possible trap game) 60/40 for the Win

 

I'd increase the likelihood of the win here. By week 11 the Fitzmagic show is generally over 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ProcessAccepted said:

 

I'd increase the likelihood of the win here. By week 11 the Fitzmagic show is generally over 

 

fitz may have lost the starting job to some scrub by week 11.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the schedule released, it still looks like 6-10, 7-9 to me. With a huge leap offensively, 9 wins looks achievable but still wouldn’t call it likely. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I think we wrap up a playoff spot by beating the Jets at home.

10-6

 

That's kind of what I have. If we are making the playoff it is something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

The lack of primetime games could also be a trade off for having less december home games. I think its the league's way of saying get a new stadium. 

i may be in the minority here, but i don't see the need for a new stadium. the pegs just spent 25 mil on a state of the art sports science/training facility (which they bought the land for next door) and i don't think they can possibly find a better location....geographically for the entire complex. the new facility is a one of a kind , top notch innovation. i don't think any other team has anything even close.

 

i can't see any other location where the tailgating could be as good of an experience.  downtown would suck and we'd probably lose a ton of canadian fans by going some place like batavia.

 

i do think that considering a retractable roof may/should be considered. i love the bad weather karma for late season games as much as anybody, but a retractable roof would probably get more later season prime time games as well as be a big money maker as a year round venue of events. jmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

I see this as two up-and-coming teams with young franchise QBs, ready to take the next step forward. 

I'm curious to see what happens in the draft, and how Josh Allen/Sam Darnold progress during training camp and preseason.

It's a real toss-up.  But right now, I prefer our overall roster and the fact we have an established coaching staff.

1-0

i think we win this one. i know neither has drafted yet, but we basically have a whole new team which will be hard for the jets to game plan against. i like dabol vs. greggo.

i think we get the edge in this one. i think we'll have too much to defend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, corta765 said:

 

 

The Ugly: The Bills are irrelevant nationally. Yea they got the Thanksgiving game and yes there is a small shot they get the Saturday game at night vs NE but the other 14 games are all 1pm. I know some people love 1pm games but all that confirms is that nationally this team has no one of attention drawing and no one thinks the Bills matter in the landscape of competition. If they did you would see some 4  pm games and another night game. When the Giants and Redskins get more night games and even Miami has the same number it confirms you a nobody league wide. The only time recently the Bills truly has some national exposure with the Rex disaster. Other then the Bills winning the division this is just another sign by the NFL that the Bills need a new stadium if they want any attention and we really not matter in the general landscape.

Kay Adams just went off about this on GMFB.  She said the Bills were screwed over by not getting any primetime games and said Thanksgiving barely counts.  She said the other QB's from Allen's draft class (Darnold, Mayfield and Jackson) got a combined 10 primetime games and that Allen has earned more national attention than he is receiving.  She even pulled out a Josh Allen autographed jersey during her rant.  I appreciate the attention that show gives the Bills.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, and I am not sure if this is even tracked across the NFL, the Bills are only going to have three roadtrip flights at or around 3 hours (Miami, Dallas, Nashville). Not to mention just two games in the central time zone. 

 

That is not bad at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The Bills secondary was already upgraded with the addition of EJ Gains so the areas of need are run stopping and pass rush. The Jests with Bell, the Ginats with Barkley. the Titsns with Henry. The Bills will really need to improve in run stopping or it could be a long season.

 

 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

 

Run defense got exposed big time in a few games at the end of the year.

 

Edmunds and Star need to improve in that department. 

It will probably take more than those two upping their game. I was hoping for more offense on draft day and now I'm wondering if that defense is going to get run over. The Bills shut down Tom Brady in that week 16 game and then got killed in the run game. Brady went 13 of 25 for 125 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs which was abysmal for the GOAT. However, their run game went 47 rushes for 273 yards, 2 TDs. ToP was 35:38 NE to Bills 24:22. 

 

Bills fans might be thinking that the Jets, Giants, Titans might be easy wins but they forget how good the RB's are on those teams. Le'Veon Bell, Saquan Barkley, Derrick Henry plua the Patriots in those first five games and unless the Bills fix their run defense it could be a 1-4 start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The browns have Four primetime games, and four 4:00 games. How many more football games have they won, more then the bills over the last 3 years?

I think that signing OBJ had a lot to do with it along with some other decent signings and a good QB. They've been worse than the Bills, but they are fueled by hype and national love from "experts." The Bills have neither national love nor hype. And, honestly, outside of Buffalo do people have any optimism that Allen will develop into a franchise QB? That's not a judgement, but from an outsider's perspective 10 TDs, 12 INTs,  2074 yards (only 173 ypg), and a 68 rating isn't good. Could it be his rushing that gets people excited? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

I think that signing OBJ had a lot to do with it along with some other decent signings and a good QB. They've been worse than the Bills, but they are fueled by hype and national love from "experts." The Bills have neither national love nor hype. And, honestly, outside of Buffalo do people have any optimism that Allen will develop into a franchise QB? That's not a judgement, but from an outsider's perspective 10 TDs, 12 INTs,  2074 yards (only 173 ypg), and a 68 rating isn't good. Could it be his rushing that gets people excited? 

But if you look at Allen’s #’s as well as the overall offense after Allen’s return week 12, the O moved up to 12th in ranking with a 22ppg average, and Allen’s QBR was 13th (3-3 record); this combined with more than solid FA upgrades across the board, should provide similar optimism for the Bills. But I could care less how many PT games we have versus the Browns—just win what’s in front of you, and recognition will come soon enough. Plus, we want/need this group to get after it and stay hungry all year to get better and better 

 

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/33102/bills-josh-allen-surrounded-by-new-faces-after-offseason-makeover

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet on the Bills getting more than 6 wins. I think the floor is 7 wins and ceiling is 10. 9-7 is likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, corta765 said:

The schedule is out if you haven’t seen this is it:

Wk 1 at NYJ

Wk 2 at NYG

Wk 3 Cincy home opener

Wk 4 NE

Wk 5 at TEN

Wk 6 BYE

Wk 7 Miami

Wk 8 Philly

Wk 9 WSH

Wk 10 at CLE

Wk 11 at MIA

Wk 12 DEN

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day

Wk 14 BAL

Wk 15 at PIT

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game

Wk 17 NYJ

 

The Good:

The Bills get an awesome 5 games in their first 8 games. Other then NE and PHI it sets up 6 very winnable games and the opportunity for the Bills to stack a lot of wins. While opening on the road two straight weeks is not preferable, opponent wise they should be able to get at least 1 win as they build forward. There is no killer road portion like we have seen before which is nice. And of course the Bills for the first time since 1994 are playing in Thanksgiving which for many fans like myself is the first time I’ll ever get to see them on the big day. 6 home games before Thanksgiving is a godsend for season ticket holders who were stuck with some crappy non impact December games the last few years.

  

The Bad:

Opening two straight on the road is still tough regardless of opponent. If you lose both your starring at an 0-2 hole before your first home game which is not fun. The last 5 games present some truly stiff tests and will be a major make it or break part for their playoff hopes with four AFC games against playoff aspiring teams/NE.

 

The Ugly: The Bills are irrelevant nationally. Yea they got the Thanksgiving game and yes there is a small shot they get the Saturday game at night vs NE but the other 14 games are all 1pm. I know some people love 1pm games but all that confirms is that nationally this team has no one of attention drawing and no one thinks the Bills matter in the landscape of competition. If they did you would see some 4  pm games and another night game. When the Giants and Redskins get more night games and even Miami has the same number it confirms you a nobody league wide. The only time recently the Bills truly has some national exposure with the Rex disaster. Other then the Bills winning the division this is just another sign by the NFL that the Bills need a new stadium if they want any attention and we really not matter in the general landscape.

 

I didn't read the entire thread but I will say this:

 

1.  Thanksgiving game is big.

2. NE is beatable at home... we could go 4-1/5-0 (a bit optimistic I know) before the bye.

3. The final game against NYJ could have playoff implications for both teams.  Some are predicting both teams to go 9-7 so that final home game could get bumped to Sunday night.  Basically amounting to what is a playoff game.

 

EDIT:  Just read the flexible scheduling rules and only Sunday afternoon games can get moved to Sunday night.  I think the Bills could benefit by getting moved to the Sunday afternoon slot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, D521646 said:

Wk 1 at NYJ - (Great early test, Allen and Darnold seem to be pretty good friends and both competitive) Jets will have good running game, but so should we. 50/50

Wk 2 at NYG - (I just don't see how they've improved this offseason)  I see a 75/25 chance for a Win

Wk 3 Cincy home opener - (Fired up fans, weakened defense, coaching overhaul) 80/20 for the Win

Wk 4 NE - (Pats are Pats, but this year smells different, but until I see evidence)  40/60 probably a loss

Wk 5 at TEN - (Who's going to be the QB, Henry with no star receivers) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 6 BYE - (10th week in from start of preseason, good place for a bye)

Wk 7 Miami - (Miami at the start of the season is nothing on paper, we should know who they are by this point) 75/25 for Win

Wk 8 Philly - (With no quality backup anymore, will Wentz be healthy?) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 9 WSH - (Who's the QB?  Nothing scars me about this team on either side of the ball) 80/20 for the Win

Wk 10 at CLE - (Mayfield's hold on the team of divas will be very clear at this point, if they're winning they will be tough, if not?)  50/50

Wk 11 at MIA - (I think they'll be improved, but I also think the Bills at this point have some momentum, possible trap game) 60/40 for the Win

Wk 12 DEN - (Nothing really to say about Denver haven't been paying attention to their offseason)  @home 70/30 for the Win

Wk 13 at DAL Thanksgiving Day - (Team is built very similar to the Bills on TG Day toss up) 50/50

Wk 14 BAL - (Teams and the league will have Jackson figured out by now, Harbaugh realizes they made a big mistake letting Flacco go) 70/30 for the Win

Wk 15 at PIT - (Ju Ju, Rothlisberger, depends on their record but not scared, what they do well on offense, we counter well with defense) 50/50

Wk 16 at NE possible Saturday game - (who knows, but I fully expect either the Jets or the Bills to be in the hunt) 50/50

Wk 17 NYJ - (Again, Jets have a brutal start to their season, where will they be at this point, I'm guessing in the hunt) 60/40 we're at home looking to go to the dance.

 

I see 10 wins and 1 sure loss, and  5 toss ups.  Even if I take into account that I'm not being as conservative as I should be, I'm not far off.  Even if we lose some of those projected wins, we can make up for it with wins in some of the toss ups.  I still see no reason we can't be a 10 win team at a minimum.  All about momentum, and if we can get some early, which I fully expect, then we as fans are going to enjoy this season.  Regardless, the Bills are not the laughing stock of the league this year.  No team is marking us on their calendar as an automatic W.

 

 

Tim- 

You give us too much credit.  @Dallas 50/50?  @browns 50/50?  @pats50/50?  @steelers 50/50?  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Home, away, 1pm game, night game, Thanksgiving. They all are just games... Stick to the workouts, preparation for the week and take it one game at a time... As of now the main focus is the Jets... All focus is on beating them and then we'll move on to the Giants... That's my motto...

Make sure you wake up on time, turn on the TV, grab a snack, and watch football.

 

That's my motto...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Make sure you wake up on time, turn on the TV, grab a snack, and watch football.

 

That's my motto...

 

Words to live by... I feel more inspired than I ever have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You give us too much credit.  @Dallas 50/50?  @browns 50/50?  @pats50/50?  @steelers 50/50?  Lol

 

 

Ok, so maybe the Pats, but the others?  What scares you about those teams?

 

Tim-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Kay Adams just went off about this on GMFB.  She said the Bills were screwed over by not getting any primetime games and said Thanksgiving barely counts.  She said the other QB's from Allen's draft class (Darnold, Mayfield and Jackson) got a combined 10 primetime games and that Allen has earned more national attention than he is receiving.  She even pulled out a Josh Allen autographed jersey during her rant.  I appreciate the attention that show gives the Bills.

 

Yea honestly if you swapped Allen with any of those three the attention received/hype would've been vastly greater and those guys would've received reduced hype. I think with Allen it does stem to the amount of people who were polarized on him. He silenced a lot of critics who said he was a tire fire by having some good games and putting together a solid string in his final 6 during the back half. There are people who do not want to give him credit but they really don't have the ammunition they did before so their silent. If Allen was in NY his hurdle vs MIN and pass vs JAX would've been played daily on the major networks. As others have said being small market and the lack of success for 20 years unfortunately hides the positives and attention he deserves. Oh well just gotta shock the world I guess

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, D521646 said:

 

 

Ok, so maybe the Pats, but the others?  What scares you about those teams?

 

Tim-

Scares me?  It’s not about scaring anyone.  It’s about chance to win on the road.  We’re the Bills.  Who do WE scare?  We will be underdogs in each and every one of those

games I listed.  40/60 at least if you’re going to consider beating the eagle at home a 60/40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...