Favorite TV By Decade

/dev/null

Looking back over the decades of your life, what were your favorite TV shows in each decade?

For me, it's 1980s-1990s: Star Trek Next Generation + Deep Space 9.  TNG spanned both decades and was somewhat continued into DS9

2000s: Breaking Bad

2010s: Game of Thrones

• Like (+1) 1

many favorites in my early years

60's: Johnny Quest, flintstones, batman and robin, lost in space, twilight zone, gunsmoke, adam 12, mod squad

70's: sanford and son, all in the family, welcome back kotter, m*a*s*h, happy days, baa baa black sheep,  kojack, the waltons

from the 80's where I was in my twenties, until 5 years ago I worked a lot and didn't have the time nor desire to watch much tv. here in the 21st century no longer working I find time in the evenings to catch pluto tv that has a wide variety of tv shows and I can catch some of the old classics. I also use crackle tv for all in the family and other classics.

• Like (+1) 2

1980s:  Mitsubishi 36" cabinet set;  Dad bought it for luxury viewing of Holtz era Notre Dame football

1990s:  Sony 27" bought with first wife;  I got it the divorce, workhorse that held me for a number of years

2000s:  Sony 32" bought when it was time for bachelor upgrades

2010s:  Samsung 55" smart HDTV;  my first leap into modern TVs.  Soon to be the kids' room TV so will be shopping for a new Dad TV end of this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

70's - M*A*S*H, the Odd Couple, The Rockford Files, the Bob Newhart Show, Mary Tyler Moore Show,  Barney Miller, Match Game

70's/80's - WKRP in Cincinnati, SOAP, Police Squad

80's - Cheers, the Cosby Show, Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, Newhart

90's - Married with Children (aka Bundys!)

00's - Sports Night, My Name is Earl, Dexter

10's - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Gotham, Arrested Development

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Looking back over the decades of your life, what were your favorite TV shows in each decade?

For me, it's 1980s-1990s: Star Trek Next Generation + Deep Space 9.  TNG spanned both decades and was somewhat continued into DS9

2000s: Breaking Bad

2010s: Game of Thrones

1960's - As a child.  First memory of any prime time program was the first rebroadcast of Star Trek "The Corbomite Maneuver."  Balok scared the crap out of me as a pre-schooler.  The Andy Griffith Show. I Love Lucy reruns.  Batman late in the series' run.

1970's - Watched a lot of non-kid programming even though I was a kid.  The Bob Newhart Show.  Mary Tyler Moore.  All in the Family.  Afternoon programming of Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, The Flintstones.  Gomer Pyle.

1980's - College and work occupied a lot of my time.  Family Ties, Hill Street Blues, St Elsewhere, and Newhart.

1990's - Seinfeld, The Simpson's, ST-TNG.

2000's -  24. The Big Bang Theory.

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

many favorites in my early years

60's: Johnny Quest, flintstones, batman and robin, lost in space, twilight zone, gunsmoke, adam 12, mod squad

70's: sanford and son, all in the family, welcome back kotter, m*a*s*h, happy days, baa baa black sheep,  kojack, the waltons

from the 80's where I was in my twenties, until 5 years ago I worked a lot and didn't have the time nor desire to watch much tv. here in the 21st century no longer working I find time in the evenings to catch pluto tv that has a wide variety of tv shows and I can catch some of the old classics. I also use crackle tv for all in the family and other classics.

I liked Baa Baa Black Sheep.  At that point of time school was fairly easy for me and not a lot was expected in terms helping out so I had a fair amount of time for television.  We did not live close to anything then so a lot of evenings were spent at home.

1970's - Happy Days

1980's - Love Boat, Dukes of Hazard, Fantasy Island, The Jefferson's, Sabres Hockey with Ted Darling, Real People, College Football with that big dude with the awesome voice

1990's - The Real World (LOL), Hill Street Blues, Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, Dave Letterman

2000's -  Gold Rush (Todd Hoffman is a dink), Iron Chef America, Sopranos, The Office

2010's - BBQ Pitmasters, Maine Cabin Masters, Pennsylvanians Who Cook Roadkill

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

1970's - Happy Days

1980's - Love Boat, Dukes of Hazard, Fantasy Island, The Jefferson's, Sabres Hockey with Ted Darling, Real People, College Football with that big dude with the awesome voice

1990's - The Real World (LOL), Hill Street Blues, Simpsons, Saturday Night Live, Dave Letterman

2000's -  Gold Rush (Todd Hoffman is a dink), Iron Chef America, Sopranos, The Office

2010's - BBQ Pitmasters, Maine Cabin Masters, Pennsylvanians Who Cook Roadkill

We all value your opinions, but not on this topic. Nothing horrible here, but you missed everything great

No MTM? No MASH? No Cheers? 

I hope with some therapy you can heal and get better. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

We all value your opinions, but not on this topic. Nothing horrible here, but you missed everything great

No MTM? No MASH? No Cheers? 

I hope with some therapy you can heal and get better. 

Ok. Ok. So I overlooked a few of your favorites like “The Facts of Life” and “Silver Spoons”. Geez....sorry!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

1980s:  Mitsubishi 36" cabinet set;  Dad bought it for luxury viewing of Holtz era Notre Dame football

1990s:  Sony 27" bought with first wife;  I got it the divorce, workhorse that held me for a number of years

2000s:  Sony 32" bought when it was time for bachelor upgrades

2010s:  Samsung 55" smart HDTV;  my first leap into modern TVs.  Soon to be the kids' room TV so will be shopping for a new Dad TV end of this year.

You bastard I missed this...now deleting my post :bag:

On a serious note, No A-team, MacGyver, or any of those awesome 80s shows?

Edited by Reed83HOF

Didn't have much time for  tv in the 80&90s so it would be wrestling and football.

2000s - 24 , hands down, my favorite show of all time.

Nothing really stuck out like that for me this decade. I have liked many shows but i guess my favorite would historical search shows like Oak Island and Hunting Hitler and the like.

10 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I kinda like the new flat screens (2017s) compared to the old CRT ones. Although my 3000 pound 36" 4:3 Sony from early the 2000s holds a special place in my heart, it was s big step up from one of these:

image.png.b51ddb35212fe28725a41b441c92e82f.png (1970s/80s)

I had High Tech as a kid 

zenithf.jpg

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1