Favorite TV By Decade

/dev/null

9 hours ago, Augie said:

We all value your opinions, but not on this topic. Nothing horrible here, but you missed everything great

No MTM? No MASH? No Cheers? 

I hope with some therapy you can heal and get better. 

I don't know that not having MASH makes him a cretin.  MASH was one of those programs that goes down great as an idealistic kid but as one sees how the world really is realizes MASH is utter fantasy.  The better moralizing program is Quincy, ME and even he gets away with a fair amount that a real official would not get away with.

50's: Bonanza (& 60's), Dragnet (& 60's), Gunsmoke (& 60's), The Honeymooners (& 60's), I Love Lucy

60's: aforementioned + Batman, Bewitched, Get Smart, Green Acres, The Munsters, Dick Van ***** Show, Hogan's Heroes

70's: MASH, All In The Family, Happy Days, Three's Company, Laverne & Shriley, The Waltons, Mork & Mindy, WKRP

80's: Magnum PI, Cheers, Family Ties, Hill Street Blues, The Wonder Years, Moonlighting, Night Court, Roseanne, Remington Steele, LA Law

90's: Seinfield, Friends, Home Improvement, ER, Frasier, Law & Order, NYPD Blue, Northern Exposure

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

1980s:  Mitsubishi 36" cabinet set;  Dad bought it for luxury viewing of Holtz era Notre Dame football

1990s:  Sony 27" bought with first wife;  I got it the divorce, workhorse that held me for a number of years

2000s:  Sony 32" bought when it was time for bachelor upgrades

2010s:  Samsung 55" smart HDTV;  my first leap into modern TVs.  Soon to be the kids' room TV so will be shopping for a new Dad TV end of this year.

DARN IT, you beat me to this.

1980s: JVC

1990s: 35" Sony Trinitron

2000s: Panasonic 50" Plasma

2010s: See above, still have it.

29 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

50's: Bonanza (& 60's), Dragnet (& 60's), Gunsmoke (& 60's), The Honeymooners (& 60's), I Love Lucy

60's: aforementioned + Batman, Bewitched, Get Smart, Green Acres, The Munsters, Dick Van ***** Show, Hogan's Heroes

70's: MASH, All In The Family, Happy Days, Three's Company, Laverne & Shriley, The Waltons, Mork & Mindy, WKRP

80's: Magnum PI, Cheers, Family Ties, Hill Street Blues, The Wonder Years, Moonlighting, Night Court, Roseanne, Remington Steele, LA Law

90's: Seinfield, Friends, Home Improvement, ER, Frasier, Law & Order, NYPD Blue, Northern Exposure

why did you bleep out Dick Van Dikes Show?  

The Wonder Years?    You wussy 

Good Night Jim Bob 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So you haven't watched TV in the past 18+ years?

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

80’s - Cheers

90’s - Seinfeld, Simpsons

2000’s - Sopranos, 24

2010’s - GOT, Breaking Bad

The first half is identical to what I posted.  I didn't list anything post-2000, but I think it would be pretty much the same as well, minus the HBO shows.  I never saw them, so I can't rank them.  But since it looks like your tastes line up with mine, I should probably get around to watching them.  I know the Sopranos is available through Prime, but I haven't built up enough courage yet to make that time commitment.

And yeah, I realize that saying I should probably watch those two shows isn't exactly an earth shattering comment given how popular they are/were.

Edited by shrader

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

The first half is identical to what I posted.  I didn't list anything post-2000, but I think it would be pretty much the same as well, minus the HBO shows.  I never saw them, so I can't rank them.  But since it looks like your tastes line up with mine, I should probably get around to watching them.  I know the Sopranos is available through Prime, but I haven't built up enough courage yet to make that time commitment.

And yeah, I realize that saying I should probably watch those two shows isn't exactly an earth shattering comment given how popular they are/were.

I promise you that you won’t regret any of those shows. Ozark is another great show and is only a few seasons old so you can quickly catch up.