Auburn Gymnast Breaks Both Legs During Floor Exercise

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

That is painful to watch - especially the slow-motion replay.  Every bit as ugly as Theisman’s injury, or McGahee’s.

I’m so proud of myself! I decided not to click, and now I’m moving on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m so proud of myself! I decided not to click, and now I’m moving on. 

amen

Jeff Garcia's leg fracture during a preseason in front of me in Buffalo, front row, was enough for me to go actively seeking things

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

hockey goalie for your kid has to be more stressful

kids sports now is nuts.  my daughter isn't even 4 yet, and you should see what the kids a year or two older are doing.  on top of that, they want a commitment.  multiple classes a week, strange times, etc.  

22 minutes ago, teef said:

kids sports now is nuts.  my daughter isn't even 4 yet, and you should see what the kids a year or two older are doing.  on top of that, they want a commitment.  multiple classes a week, strange times, etc.  

so i see with my colleagues rushing around all weekend, basically for no useful end of it

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

That is painful to watch - especially the slow-motion replay.  Every bit as ugly as Theisman’s injury, or McGahee’s.

that is.  That poor young lady.  That had to hurt like *****!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

My granddaughter is almost four.   I can’t imagine trying to get her to do anything on a schedule.  She is a totally free spirit and her parents intend to keep her that way for a while.  She goes to a preschool and has fun, but it’s basically just playing with other kids. Nothing very rigorous at all. That’s the way we did it with my kids as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

Happy to coach my girls rec league team.  Half their classmates are already in the ‘competitive’ league.  I bet they don’t eat mini oranges and pet the dog at halftime!

And not gonna watch video of some poor kids breaking her legs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I heard about this yesterday and out of respect for the poor young woman I have not watched the video.  It sounds like a horrific injury.  I hope she is able to return to good health without complications.

I'm right there with ya. I try avoid watching stuff like that. It turns my stomach. 

8 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

My granddaughter is almost four.   I can’t imagine trying to get her to do anything on a schedule.  She is a totally free spirit and her parents intend to keep her that way for a while.  She goes to a preschool and has fun, but it’s basically just playing with other kids. Nothing very rigorous at all. That’s the way we did it with my kids as well. 

She's gonna love school

13 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Warning- Footage is brutal. Really feel badly for the young lady. 

Ahhh ! Poor girl, you could tell she was in shock by the way she was sitting there (and i dont mean mentally surprised)

was that guy blind, ankle?? Quite clear it was high by the knee.

dont think iv ever seen a leg break so close to the knee like that.

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

damn :ph34r:

am i a horrible human being for thinking she would still be fun in bed?

Yes