2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

I thought that 5 minute major was questionable at best. I thought it should have been a 2 minute penalty. Pavelski was already falling when Eakin hit him and just kind of fell awkwardly. I don’t think it should have influenced the penalty call like did. Definitely not in game 7. That call completely changed the game. 

And as I’m typing Vegas ties it!! 

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Just watched replays on the major penalty.  Looked like Pavelski got off balance trying to spin away and got shoved to the ice while in a vulnerable position.  I do not see intent injure. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNSfDDF05Nk

Agreed but you shouldn't let three power play goals in five minutes.  Have to give credit to the Sharks for taking advantage of it.  I can't remember a more exciting game.  How the NBA is so much more popular just baffles me.

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Not so sure about that call on the 5 min major.  Sharks are just a bit fired up now.  3 goals and 1:21 remaining on the penalty.

Better make that 4!

and 52 seconds remaining on the PP!

i just finished watching the game..that call was not even close to a major..Typical NHL penalizing the result, not the actual play. Play had continued and there was no arm in the air until the trainer came out on the ice.....

5 hours ago, Big C said:

I still can't believe the Knights were able to get Fleury.

not sure if this is sarcastic, but Fleury looked washed up..not exactly sure of round,  but the Penguins gave Vegas at least a 2nd, maybe even a first, to take Fleury off their hands

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So the San Jose Sharks sent ‘Pageant Lady’ and all the extra cast members from ‘Medieval Times Banquet’ home for the year?!  Maybe there is a God!

Man, Vegas has gone through in 2 years what takes most fan bases 25 years to gp through. That highest of highs last year, now a gut-wrenching loss on a questionable call that they will debate till they win a Cup..as we do with No Goal and Throw Forward

Edited by plenzmd1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

That highest of highs last year, now a gut-wrenching loss on a questionable call that they will debate till they win a Cup..as we do with No Goal and Throw Forward

No knock on the fan base, if indeed there is even one.  I’m just glad there’s no more pregame pageantry and schlock.

"It's a f---ing joke. To call five minutes for that? It changed the whole outcome of the game," Marchessault said after a 5-4 loss to the Sharks on Tuesday night. "Like, seriously, what is that? It's so disappointing. The game's not even close. It's 3-0. Call a [two-minute minor]? OK. But a five? For something you don't even see? You just call the outcome. It's a f---ing joke. It's embarrassing. That's what it is."

I've seen teams prevent 1 score while facing a 5  minute PP and in that time the other pulled the goalie and it was 6 on 5 for at least half of that time.  

Hey Marchessault   Take these you'll need them 

blob.png.355a35291191349b27373c86363b3ef2.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Letting up 4 goals on the powerplay is a pretty massive, preventable step from the call.  Regardless, it was a penalty on an unnecessary reckless play by eakin.  It dislodged the fans and pissed off and woke up the sharks.  They would have likely come back without the major powerplay.  

Major powerplays, you see a goal against.  Sometimes 2... but 4 is a different level rarely seen

They also had a chance to win it in ot and couldnt.  Not to mention a 3-1 series lead

Edited by May Day 10

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No knock on the fan base, if indeed there is even one.  I’m just glad there’s no more pregame pageantry and schlock.

I think their fan base is great..no knock on them at all. But you are not really an NHL fan base team till you have had a loss like that one ..

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that was a bad chain of events coming from a stupid cheap shot for a game already won...

i did not see that as a cheap shot at all..unfortunate result, but the little cross check that started the whole thing happens after 50% of the faceoffs in the playoffs and is never called. Then to call it a major and intent to injure is awful, strictly a result of Pavelski being knocked out and bleeding due to the awkward fall.

Just an awful call, but that's what ya sign up for when you are a fan of a league that makes it up as they go along