2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

Don't understand the hate on the Leafs, I must be missing something here. As a kid growing up in the Buff in the 60's they were basically the only team/hockey we could watch. So, they were my first team. Once we got the Sabres in 70 that changed of course but I still have soft spot for them... they inspired our Saturday "hockey games"  with all of our makeshift equipment. One kids dad gave us some foam pads from some furniture that was delivered so those were made into goalie pads lol. We had a lot of fun but wouldn't have known hockey without the Leafs.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, T&C said:

Don't understand the hate on the Leafs, I must be missing something here. As a kid growing up in the Buff in the 60's they were basically the only team/hockey we could watch. So, they were my first team. Once we got the Sabres in 70 that changed of course but I still have soft spot for them... they inspired our Saturday "hockey games"  with all of our makeshift equipment. One kids dad gave us some foam pads from some furniture that was delivered so those were made into goalie pads lol. We had a lot of fun but wouldn't have known hockey without the Leafs.

It’s more an intense rivalry than hatred.

Leafs fans come here in throngs every time they play here, and flaunt their stuff.  

How else would you expect Buffalonians to react?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

San jose game is crazy

Not so sure about that call on the 5 min major.  Sharks are just a bit fired up now.  3 goals and 1:21 remaining on the penalty.

Better make that 4!

and 52 seconds remaining on the PP!

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Its their fans is the reason I don't like the leafs. I have been to quite a few Leafs Sabres games in Buffalo and the Leafs that go to those games are the worst. I have heard in most visiting rinks Leaf fans are some of the worst. 

The last Leaf game in Buffalo I went to I had beer dumped on me a couple of times cause I was wearing my Sabres jersey. The worst part is when they lost a lot of the Leaf fans threw their beer on the ice. 

• Like (+1) 1