2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

19 hours ago, Big C said:

Kind of a shame to see Lehner doing so well with another team. Like the Canes' moxie this year though and impressed with them last night. Still pulling for the Jackets and the Sharks to get to the cup.

I was actually happy for Lehner’s success earlier In the year, especially after reading the article about his personal struggles, etc. 

But after his classless comments from a couple months ago, he can go screw himself seven ways to Sunday. I’m no longer a fan of his and I hope he loses every game he plays from now on. Too bad, too, because there’s a lot to like about the Isles. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I was actually happy for Lehner’s success earlier In the year, especially after reading the article about his personal struggles, etc. 

But after his classless comments from a couple months ago, he can go screw himself seven ways to Sunday. I’m no longer a fan of his and I hope he loses every game he plays from now on. Too bad, too, because there’s a lot to like about the Isles. 

Man, you and me think way too much alike.. I did not think there was anyone as smart as me on these boards,? but I was wrong! Good thing we have @JohnC to make  us look even smarter?!

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Islanders giving this series away.  They finish like they're wearing two condoms.

They certainly missed some opportunities but I give a lot of credit to the Hurricanes. They've been stifling us - reminds me of how the Isles have gotten as far as we have, not allowing extended time in the offensive zone. One goal in two home games ain't gonna get it done. 

Props also to the Canes backup goalie, I thought Mrazek going off  would be a turning point in the game. 

Did anyone see the Isles 'goal' that was called off?  I think they said it was because the ref blew the whistle.  Probably wouldn't have counted anyway because it sure looked like it was kicked by the back skate. I assume the kicking rule applies even if it's kicked from behind the goal line.

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

They certainly missed some opportunities but I give a lot of credit to the Hurricanes. They've been stifling us - reminds me of how the Isles have gotten as far as we have, not allowing extended time in the offensive zone. One goal in two home games ain't gonna get it done. 

Props also to the Canes backup goalie, I thought Mrazek going off  would be a turning point in the game. 

Did anyone see the Isles 'goal' that was called off?  I think they said it was because the ref blew the whistle.  Probably wouldn't have counted anyway because it sure looked like it was kicked by the back skate. I assume the kicking rule applies even if it's kicked from behind the goal line.

Yeah, I saw the no-goal.  Rebound came right back to him, too close to handle so he kicked it with his back skate as he was going past.   Wasn't blatant but it was a kick;  almost certainly intending to knock the puck back out in front and instead ended up in the net.  It was the right call.

I have a buddy who's had NYI seasons as long as I've known him, he's been so fired up this year. Tough to go down 0-2 at home, but if they start getting the bounces this series isn't over.   Not that I'm rooting for them really, but they've fallen pretty far down my Eastern Conference hate chart since the 80s.

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah, I saw the no-goal.  Rebound came right back to him, too close to handle so he kicked it with his back skate as he was going past.   Wasn't blatant but it was a kick;  almost certainly intending to knock the puck back out in front and instead ended up in the net.  It was the right call.

I have a buddy who's had NYI seasons as long as I've known him, he's been so fired up this year. Tough to go down 0-2 at home, but if they start getting the bounces this series isn't over.   Not that I'm rooting for them really, but they've fallen pretty far down my Eastern Conference hate chart since the 80s.

Was that the call? Pretty sure it was a quick whistle. But no doubt a kick that would've been overturned anyway. 

I'm enjoying the run. After we lost Tavares and replaced with Fillpula, Komarov and Kuhnackl and then brought back Martin hopes weren't high.

In a 7 game series the Isles can play with anyone, but I think they lack the offense for a 4 series run to the Cup.  Eventually it will catch up with them. Maybe this series, but the team has been resilient and I'm not counting them out yet.

What town is your bud from? If he still has seasons at Barclays he's a die-hard's die-hard!

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

Was that the call? Pretty sure it was a quick whistle. But no doubt a kick that would've been overturned anyway. 

I'm enjoying the run. After we lost Tavares and replaced with Fillpula, Komarov and Kuhnackl and then brought back Martin hopes weren't high.

In a 7 game series the Isles can play with anyone, but I think they lack the offense for a 4 series run to the Cup.  Eventually it will catch up with them. Maybe this series, but the team has been resilient and I'm not counting them out yet.

What town is your bud from? If he still has seasons at Barclays he's a die-hard's die-hard!

I didn't hear any whistle on the replay, don't see why one would have been blown;  seemed like the call was a kick.

My buddy lives in Long Beach....was pretty pissed about the Barclay's move and thrilled when they moved back to the Nassau Mausoleum.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I didn't hear any whistle on the replay, don't see why one would have been blown;  seemed like the call was a kick.

My buddy lives in Long Beach....was pretty pissed about the Barclay's move and thrilled when they moved back to the Nassau Mausoleum.

Mausoleum? Yup, you get it. During the down years that place was downright depressing. 

In the last year before Barclays and this past year the place has  been electric. 

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Mausoleum? Yup, you get it. During the down years that place was downright depressing. 

In the last year before Barclays and this past year the place has  been electric. 

A little love for Steve Somers, schmooozing under the covers until dawn on WFAN.  I'm sure he's having a little fun at the Islanders' expense right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

A little love for Steve Somers, schmooozing under the covers until dawn on WFAN.  I'm sure he's having a little fun at the Islanders' expense right now.

Shmoozer? That would be the IceLanders he's having fun with.  I doubt folks outside the tri-state area have any clue about the Rangers/Islanders rivalry. One or both teams can suck but the games are still intense.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Shmoozer? That would be the IceLanders he's having fun with.  I doubt folks outside the tri-state area have any clue about the Rangers/Islanders rivalry. One or both teams can suck but the games are still intense.

Yeah, that is a somewhat under the radar but very intense rivalry.  I'm always impressed that Rangers fan still do the whistle and 'Potvin sucks' chant at MSG.  Too bad the Islanders lost '1940' way back in '94. 

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Will someone take Milbury off of this series? He is openly rooting for Boston. 

Off of this series? Aim higher my friend.

The only good thing about Milbury is he went into the stands at Madison Square Garden and beat a Ranger fan with the guys own shoe back in 1979.

In 2000 as the Islanders GM with a young Roberto Luongo on the roster Mad Mike decided to draft the immortal Rick DiPietro with the first pick in the draft and then traded away Luongo. 

In 2001, he traded Zdeno Chara for Alexei Yashin.

Luongo and Chara are still playing. Milbury still has a job in hockey. Truth is stranger than fiction.

• Like (+1) 1