2019 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

I don’t know how Washington didn’t get called for a delay of game penalty in that first overtime. That was 100% a delay of game. The puck was shot before it left the caps zone. 

Officiating has been kind of bad this postseason.

I don't have a dog in the race anymore but I'm going to root for Columbus just for the fact that they shut down Tampa like it was just a bump in the road. Plus, it shut up the lightning fans I have to work with every work day lol.

• Like (+1) 1

from ESPN:

The Washington Capitals' double-overtime loss to the Carolina Hurricanes means that, for the first time since the 1967 NHL expansion, no division champion won a playoff series. The Capitals, Tampa Bay Lightning, Nashville Predators and Calgary Flames were all eliminated in the first round.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well damn

Carolina would have been my preference, but their owner is the douche canoe that f*cked the AAF

Boston, Dallas, New York, and San Franshitco (San Jose) teams.  Won't root for any of those

Columbus is a rival of the Pens

I guess I'll root for Colorado 

meh

7 hours ago, T&C said:

I don't have a dog in the race anymore but I'm going to root for Columbus just for the fact that they shut down Tampa like it was just a bump in the road. Plus, it shut up the lightning fans I have to work with every work day lol.

same here. 

I'll root for them but I'm done watching this until the end. 

4 hours ago, bbb said:

Sometimes I've wondered this:

definitely not puck luck for the Caps.  

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

from ESPN:

The Washington Capitals' double-overtime loss to the Carolina Hurricanes means that, for the first time since the 1967 NHL expansion, no division champion won a playoff series. The Capitals, Tampa Bay Lightning, Nashville Predators and Calgary Flames were all eliminated in the first round.

At least the Caps lost in double OT in game 7.  

• Like (+1) 1

why do obviously playoff-bound teams try so hard in the regular season, it means worse than nothing

trying in the regular season is only for:

1)  teams that are truly struggling to eke out that last playoff spot

2)  teams where winning is such a novelty that the fans love the party of their team actually playing hard almost every game

3) those epic teams that really can't help but win even if they put 10% effort into a game, they have to literally throw the game away, like pull Peyton and put Painter in the game to throw it away

home advantage doesn't mean much if the "visiting team" has preserved energy

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Looks like easy sailing for the Bruins. Yuck

Tortorella will be ready for them

how can you know what a team's potential is when only fools try to win all the regular season games they can scrounge?

31 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I like the Blue Jackets in an upset. 

I don’t think it would be that much of of an upset, I haven’t looked yet but I’d guess the jackets are +130 or close to it. It should be a good series. 

I like the Jackets here too, Chara looks exhausted. The jackets are physical and the Bruins just finished a 7 gamer. If they steal a road game tonight it would be huge for them.